Helpful Links

Software update for Skyrocket downloads but won't complete.

Scholar

Software update for Skyrocket downloads but won't complete.

Just got a Device Management message that a software update for my Skyrocket was available from AT&T, and it automatically connected and started downloading the 20 megs or so.  It went throught the installation process, but as the progress bar got to 75% or so, the screen went dark and the phone rebooted, showing an error message "Install interrupted.  The software update could not be installed at this time."  So I went into Settings/Software Update, clicked on Check For Updates, and it again went through the same download & install process, with the same error result.  I tried again, and this time it told me that my software was up to date, and that I could check again in about 24 hours.  I am still running Android v2.3.5.

Anyone out there have any idea what this update is for, and why it won't install?  Thanks.

Message 1 of 93
Tutor

Re: Software update for Skyrocket downloads but won't complete.

Same thing that everyone is reporting. Failed at 75%. I'm not factory data reseting anything so itll have to get fixed for me to install it. Was always the person to root phone and install custom roms cm mostly but i'm not messing with this phone. Bricked my last one and had to pay outright for this one. Just wish you could back up your apps with titanium so that i could factory data reset. Makes life so easy.

Message 46 of 93
Tutor

If your phone tells you to try again in 24hours then go to settings---> Date and Time----> Uncheck Automatic and change date one day in advance. Go back to Software Update and it'll download again. Still won't install for me though.....    :-(

Message 47 of 93
Teacher

No joy... advaced the date and tried the update 5 times already.

Fails at 50% everytime.

Glad to see AT&T still has their Kuality update process in place.

I've got all night. I'll roll the date a few more times and see if anything eventually sticks.

Message 48 of 93
Tutor

Lol
Message 49 of 93
Voyager

Jnewell05 wrote:

If your phone tells you to try again in 24hours then go to settings---> Date and Time----> Uncheck Automatic and change date one day in advance. Go back to Software Update and it'll download again. Still won't install for me though.....    :-(

You don't need to do all that. Just clear the data/cache for the app. In this case: Settings/Applications/Manage Applications/All/Device Management/Clear Data  !!! It resets the timmer!

I don't think a factory reset is worth the update.....That'll take me at least 2 hours to re-setup my homescreens! Sheeesh

Message 50 of 93
Tutor

At this point all i want to know if its worth getting the update lol
Message 51 of 93
Contributor

Would love to see Nfc enabled. google wallet support would be nice also.
Message 52 of 93
Tutor

Updated fine for me - no problem. Don't see any difference yet. I hope they fixed the problem of it dropping 4g data connections (although this has not happened to me for over a week now, was happening several times a day).
Message 53 of 93
Contributor

Same problem here.  Updates fails OTA update at 75% of install.  Tried twice.  I cannot find a mini kies download though.  Anyone who has the link can you provide the link and process?  I am not going to reset to factory defaults.  Too much time invested in the set up/custom configuration of my phone.

Thanks,

John

Message 54 of 93
Contributor

my skyrocket is stuck on software update loading.. Called ATT they had me call samsung. samsung told me the phone is fried and that I needed to either take the phone to an ATT store to have it re-imaged or fedex the phone to samsung to have re-imaged     

Message 55 of 93
Teacher

Update is Failed

If your can't adequately support a platform, don't sell it.  Two failed attempts at pushing out software (a minor upgrade by the looks of things) to arguably their flagship non-iPhone platform speaks poorly for T and their partner SSNLF.  This is compounded by the fact this must be one of their extremely high margin products because they do not pay the hefty fees AAPL requires on the iPhone.  This is fail on a grand scale and does not bode well for ICS upgrades.

Message 56 of 93
Teacher

Ok from reading on xda website,

This update will work if you on on baseband ending in KJ2(android 2.3.5). If you are on baseband ending KK1(update relased in November 2011), don't bother right now it won't work.

Message 57 of 93
Teacher

Those curious as to what the update brings

http://www.gmachine.net/tag/galaxy-s-ii/

Message 58 of 93
Contributor

Pretty sure that is not true...my baseband ends in KJ2 and my upgrade has failed twice...now when i go to check it just says up to date...wonder if the update has now been pulled.

Message 59 of 93
Teacher

The update is still out there, go to settings -> applications-> all-> device management and then clear data and try again.

If you've tried in the last 24 hours, it makes you wait unless you clear your data.

From what I have been readaing, it is KJ2-LA3 update. The other fix some have been able to do is a factory reset and then download.

Message 60 of 93
Share this topic
Announcements

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Have questions about International Plans? Get the answers on Wed. 10/25 at Hello World: International Plans, from 1-4pm ET / 10am-1pm PT!

Let us help you upgrade and activate your device!

Additional Support