Software update for Skyrocket downloads but won't complete.

Scholar

Software update for Skyrocket downloads but won't complete.

Just got a Device Management message that a software update for my Skyrocket was available from AT&T, and it automatically connected and started downloading the 20 megs or so.  It went throught the installation process, but as the progress bar got to 75% or so, the screen went dark and the phone rebooted, showing an error message "Install interrupted.  The software update could not be installed at this time."  So I went into Settings/Software Update, clicked on Check For Updates, and it again went through the same download & install process, with the same error result.  I tried again, and this time it told me that my software was up to date, and that I could check again in about 24 hours.  I am still running Android v2.3.5.

Anyone out there have any idea what this update is for, and why it won't install?  Thanks.

Message 1 of 93 (11,818 Views)
Teacher

Re: Software update for Skyrocket downloads but won't complete.

same for me

Message 2 of 93 (11,689 Views)
Tutor

same here, anyone know what this update is?  2.3.6?

Message 3 of 93 (11,648 Views)
Tutor

same here, I assume this is the promised ICS update.

Message 4 of 93 (11,634 Views)
Tutor

I doubt that, I've heard no rumors of ICS anytime soon. Samsung and AT&T seem to be very slow when working together. My mom's Infuse still hasn't gotten the Gingerbread update (2.3.6) that was supposed to go out last August 2011.
Message 5 of 93 (11,610 Views)
Tutor

ICS has been long rumored to be Q1 2012. thats by next month.

Message 6 of 93 (11,601 Views)
Contributor

Same here tried twice and both failed to update....

Message 7 of 93 (11,592 Views)
Tutor

Regarding Q1 2012,. Based on what I've seen from their support with the Infuse, I don't have very high hopes.
Message 8 of 93 (11,564 Views)
Tutor

Good point, I don't trust ATT to be on time with the update, but I can hope that the update thats being pushed in the timeframe they gave is ICS. I won't hold my breath though.

Message 9 of 93 (11,545 Views)
Tutor

Mine did this same thing.Smiley Sad

Message 10 of 93 (11,534 Views)
Contributor

I have the same issue. BUT I already had 2.3.6 installed on my skyrocket. So I am wondering what this update is. since I already had 2.3.6.

Message 11 of 93 (9,224 Views)
Voyager

Is this update in any regards related to the Data Usage on the LTE Network phones? , are they trying to track our usage completely and slow us down intermittently on the go? drop us to 2g/Edge when we cross a limit? are all you guy'z who received the update, unlimited data users?
Message 12 of 93 (9,217 Views)

I actually downloaded it 3 different times successfully but it failed each time after the restart. now it says I have to wait 24 hours before i can check for a nother update and that my software is currently up to date even though it is same 2.3 .6
Message 13 of 93 (9,213 Views)
Contributor

I'm in the same camp as you guys. I tried it twice and it failed both times at 75% on the white screen. Then my phone boots up as usual.

Message 14 of 93 (9,208 Views)
Contributor

I'm not an unlimited user so I can't image then hindering my data since I pay for 2GB and never go over. But maybe it is for other unlimited LTE users?

Message 15 of 93 (9,195 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.