Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Feb 21, 2012
12:14:15 PM
View profile
Software update for Skyrocket downloads but won't complete.

Just got a Device Management message that a software update for my Skyrocket was available from AT&T, and it automatically connected and started downloading the 20 megs or so.  It went throught the installation process, but as the progress bar got to 75% or so, the screen went dark and the phone rebooted, showing an error message "Install interrupted.  The software update could not be installed at this time."  So I went into Settings/Software Update, clicked on Check For Updates, and it again went through the same download & install process, with the same error result.  I tried again, and this time it told me that my software was up to date, and that I could check again in about 24 hours.  I am still running Android v2.3.5.

Anyone out there have any idea what this update is for, and why it won't install?  Thanks.

Just got a Device Management message that a software update for my Skyrocket was available from AT&T, and it automatically connected and started downloading the 20 megs or so.  It went throught the installation process, but as the progress bar got to 75% or so, the screen went dark and the phone rebooted, showing an error message "Install interrupted.  The software update could not be installed at this time."  So I went into Settings/Software Update, clicked on Check For Updates, and it again went through the same download & install process, with the same error result.  I tried again, and this time it told me that my software was up to date, and that I could check again in about 24 hours.  I am still running Android v2.3.5.

Anyone out there have any idea what this update is for, and why it won't install?  Thanks.

Software update for Skyrocket downloads but won't complete.

92 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(92)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 5, 2012 8:50:43 PM
(0)
Mentor
My buttons also won't stay lit.
My buttons also won't stay lit.

Re: Software update for Skyrocket downloads but won't complete.

91 of 93 (1,238 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 5, 2012 10:02:23 PM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by Strykyr on Apr 5, 2012 at 10:03:15 PM

Ok..Now that it's a few days old.   I had to re-rom back to the AT&T rom so that the update will take.  It DID go thru.  Nothing is noticeably different other than the unlock icons.  I suppose that's a good thing.  That means nothing is broke too?....It's not as good as the ICS that I had on it, but it doesn't force close anymore either.  I will prolly leave it as is untill ICS is official unless she asks for it.  Battery life sucks on it again tho.  

Since I purchased the Note that arrived today, I gave my Skyrocket to my wife.  So anything beyond that I can't really get into because I don't spend every day on it.

Ok..Now that it's a few days old.   I had to re-rom back to the AT&T rom so that the update will take.  It DID go thru.  Nothing is noticeably different other than the unlock icons.  I suppose that's a good thing.  That means nothing is broke too?....It's not as good as the ICS that I had on it, but it doesn't force close anymore either.  I will prolly leave it as is untill ICS is official unless she asks for it.  Battery life sucks on it again tho.  

Since I purchased the Note that arrived today, I gave my Skyrocket to my wife.  So anything beyond that I can't really get into because I don't spend every day on it.

[ Edited ]
92 of 93 (1,225 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 9, 2012 9:28:41 AM
(0)
Teacher

How do I re-rom the att software. I can download the software but it doesnt install.

How do I re-rom the att software. I can download the software but it doesnt install.

93 of 93 (969 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments