Software update for Skyrocket downloads but won't complete.

Scholar

Software update for Skyrocket downloads but won't complete.

Just got a Device Management message that a software update for my Skyrocket was available from AT&T, and it automatically connected and started downloading the 20 megs or so.  It went throught the installation process, but as the progress bar got to 75% or so, the screen went dark and the phone rebooted, showing an error message "Install interrupted.  The software update could not be installed at this time."  So I went into Settings/Software Update, clicked on Check For Updates, and it again went through the same download & install process, with the same error result.  I tried again, and this time it told me that my software was up to date, and that I could check again in about 24 hours.  I am still running Android v2.3.5.

Anyone out there have any idea what this update is for, and why it won't install?  Thanks.

Message 1 of 93 (11,825 Views)
Mentor

Re: Software update for Skyrocket downloads but won't complete.

My buttons also won't stay lit.
Message 91 of 93 (1,244 Views)
Teacher

[ Edited ]

Ok..Now that it's a few days old.   I had to re-rom back to the AT&T rom so that the update will take.  It DID go thru.  Nothing is noticeably different other than the unlock icons.  I suppose that's a good thing.  That means nothing is broke too?....It's not as good as the ICS that I had on it, but it doesn't force close anymore either.  I will prolly leave it as is untill ICS is official unless she asks for it.  Battery life sucks on it again tho.  

Since I purchased the Note that arrived today, I gave my Skyrocket to my wife.  So anything beyond that I can't really get into because I don't spend every day on it.

Message 92 of 93 (1,231 Views)
Highlighted
Teacher

How do I re-rom the att software. I can download the software but it doesnt install.

Message 93 of 93 (975 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.