Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Feb 21, 2012
12:14:15 PM
View profile
Software update for Skyrocket downloads but won't complete.

Just got a Device Management message that a software update for my Skyrocket was available from AT&T, and it automatically connected and started downloading the 20 megs or so.  It went throught the installation process, but as the progress bar got to 75% or so, the screen went dark and the phone rebooted, showing an error message "Install interrupted.  The software update could not be installed at this time."  So I went into Settings/Software Update, clicked on Check For Updates, and it again went through the same download & install process, with the same error result.  I tried again, and this time it told me that my software was up to date, and that I could check again in about 24 hours.  I am still running Android v2.3.5.

Anyone out there have any idea what this update is for, and why it won't install?  Thanks.

Just got a Device Management message that a software update for my Skyrocket was available from AT&T, and it automatically connected and started downloading the 20 megs or so.  It went throught the installation process, but as the progress bar got to 75% or so, the screen went dark and the phone rebooted, showing an error message "Install interrupted.  The software update could not be installed at this time."  So I went into Settings/Software Update, clicked on Check For Updates, and it again went through the same download & install process, with the same error result.  I tried again, and this time it told me that my software was up to date, and that I could check again in about 24 hours.  I am still running Android v2.3.5.

Anyone out there have any idea what this update is for, and why it won't install?  Thanks.

Software update for Skyrocket downloads but won't complete.

92 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(92)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 22, 2012 8:16:41 AM
(0)
Contributor
Nope..just keep saying that the current software is up to date...But this morning I was able to down load it twice..yet it failed both times like everyone else (or most everyone) at 75%
Nope..just keep saying that the current software is up to date...But this morning I was able to down load it twice..yet it failed both times like everyone else (or most everyone) at 75%

Re: Software update for Skyrocket downloads but won't complete.

61 of 93 (2,831 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 22, 2012 8:22:24 AM
(0)
Tutor
Well now I don't even have a data connection.
Well now I don't even have a data connection.

62 of 93 (2,826 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 22, 2012 8:50:26 AM
(0)
Tutor

So where is the AT&T voice here? Many many users are stating the same thing. The update doesn't work and hangs at 75% and yet nothing from anyone at AT&T to let us know anything. This is so typical of AT&T. I have been a customer for over 10 years and Verizon is looking better and better all the time.

So where is the AT&T voice here? Many many users are stating the same thing. The update doesn't work and hangs at 75% and yet nothing from anyone at AT&T to let us know anything. This is so typical of AT&T. I have been a customer for over 10 years and Verizon is looking better and better all the time.

63 of 93 (2,783 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 22, 2012 9:02:26 AM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by shollomon on Feb 22, 2012 at 9:02:57 AM

T and customer service should never appear in the same sentence.  They were born as a monopoly and think they still have mononopoly power.  Their engineering culture is so focused on POTS that it stymies any attempt at change internally.  At the top people calling the shots are focused on Wireless and IP, but the engineering culture is lost in the 1970's.

T and customer service should never appear in the same sentence.  They were born as a monopoly and think they still have mononopoly power.  Their engineering culture is so focused on POTS that it stymies any attempt at change internally.  At the top people calling the shots are focused on Wireless and IP, but the engineering culture is lost in the 1970's.

[ Edited ]
64 of 93 (2,760 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 22, 2012 9:09:49 AM
(0)
Teacher

Looks like the update has been pulled. showing reports on xda and on android central where everyone is getting software upto date message

Looks like the update has been pulled. showing reports on xda and on android central where everyone is getting software upto date message

65 of 93 (2,751 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 22, 2012 9:19:49 AM
(0)
Tutor

Yes I can second that. It has been pulled. I get the software is up to date message.

Yes I can second that. It has been pulled. I get the software is up to date message.

66 of 93 (2,734 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 22, 2012 9:53:22 AM
(0)
Mentor

I, too, no longer have an update available: "Current software is up to date".

I do wish AT&T could just come out and say, "Yeah, we had too many reports of people having problems... we're going to work out the kinds and hopefully have it back up soon".

I, too, no longer have an update available: "Current software is up to date".

I do wish AT&T could just come out and say, "Yeah, we had too many reports of people having problems... we're going to work out the kinds and hopefully have it back up soon".

No more update available :-(

67 of 93 (2,699 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 22, 2012 10:20:28 AM
(0)
Tutor

Add my voice the chorus of confused, annoyed customers.  I called TS this morning and while very pleasant, my tech had nothing of value to offer.  She did not even have a memo saying AT&T has temporarily pulled the update.  Then again, these are the same folks who told me you cannot unlock a skyrocket.... I guess I'll just have to fix the update problem on my own too.  The one thing the tech this morning did confirm was that the only method to get the update is OTA, as opposed to Kies or a download from Samsung.  There is not a manual process that AT&T supports.  I guess we just wait.  All I really want is the updated baseband.

Add my voice the chorus of confused, annoyed customers.  I called TS this morning and while very pleasant, my tech had nothing of value to offer.  She did not even have a memo saying AT&T has temporarily pulled the update.  Then again, these are the same folks who told me you cannot unlock a skyrocket.... I guess I'll just have to fix the update problem on my own too.  The one thing the tech this morning did confirm was that the only method to get the update is OTA, as opposed to Kies or a download from Samsung.  There is not a manual process that AT&T supports.  I guess we just wait.  All I really want is the updated baseband.

Update pulled?

68 of 93 (2,667 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 22, 2012 10:34:26 AM
(0)
Tutor

It looks like the Samsung Galaxy SII owners are in the same boat with us Samsung Infuse 4g owners.  This is even more reason for me not to ever purchase a Samsung phone through At&t.

It looks like the Samsung Galaxy SII owners are in the same boat with us Samsung Infuse 4g owners.  This is even more reason for me not to ever purchase a Samsung phone through At&t.

69 of 93 (2,651 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 22, 2012 12:09:25 PM
(0)
Teacher

Epic fail.  As much as we spend on these phones and their associated plans you'd think T could get this stuff right.  But two failures in a row?  Wow?  The fail is strong with this bunch.

Epic fail.  As much as we spend on these phones and their associated plans you'd think T could get this stuff right.  But two failures in a row?  Wow?  The fail is strong with this bunch.

70 of 93 (2,563 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 22, 2012 12:17:10 PM
(0)
Professor

I would settle for at&t keeping it's hands off the software.  Let us run standard Android without at&t bloatware.  If we didn't have to wait for at&t to screw up the OS, we would be running Ice Cream Sandwich by now.  Apple doesn't have to use a tailored OS on the iphone.

I would settle for at&t keeping it's hands off the software.  Let us run standard Android without at&t bloatware.  If we didn't have to wait for at&t to screw up the OS, we would be running Ice Cream Sandwich by now.  Apple doesn't have to use a tailored OS on the iphone.

71 of 93 (3,102 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 22, 2012 12:19:46 PM
(0)
Tutor

+1 on this had the update waiting for me in the morning.  When I ran the update stopped at 75% and said the update was interupted.

+1 on this had the update waiting for me in the morning.  When I ran the update stopped at 75% and said the update was interupted.

72 of 93 (3,100 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 22, 2012 12:29:36 PM
(0)
Former Community Manager

Hey all, sorry for the delayed reply. I've been traveling. 

We are aware of this issue and are working with Samsung to resolve it as quickly as possible.

As always, as soon as I have additional information, I will update thread. I am reading it and reporting your feedback/posts to the proper folks.

~jam 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Hey all, sorry for the delayed reply. I've been traveling. 

We are aware of this issue and are working with Samsung to resolve it as quickly as possible.

As always, as soon as I have additional information, I will update thread. I am reading it and reporting your feedback/posts to the proper folks.

~jam 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

73 of 93 (3,088 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 22, 2012 2:06:19 PM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by rpp_TX on Feb 22, 2012 at 2:07:14 PM

Putting my 2 cents - from reading the posts, I guess I'm one of the unlucky few whose Galaxy S2 received the upgrade, restarted, and froze at a white loading screen. No way to do a manual factory restore (just boots then goes to white loading screen). Took it this morning to an AT&T store and was directed to warranty office upstairs (no one had heard there were problems with the Samsung software upgrade that went out).  Issue was covered but even though  the AT&T store downstairs was probably crawling with Galaxy S2s, the AT&T warranty office upstairs had no replacements in stock and had to ship one to me in 4-6 days unless unless I paid $14.95 for overnight shipping (and it still might be 1-2 days before I get a phone in hand). Thanks AT&T for bricking my phone and making me pay for overnight shipping on top of the inconvenience.

Putting my 2 cents - from reading the posts, I guess I'm one of the unlucky few whose Galaxy S2 received the upgrade, restarted, and froze at a white loading screen. No way to do a manual factory restore (just boots then goes to white loading screen). Took it this morning to an AT&T store and was directed to warranty office upstairs (no one had heard there were problems with the Samsung software upgrade that went out).  Issue was covered but even though  the AT&T store downstairs was probably crawling with Galaxy S2s, the AT&T warranty office upstairs had no replacements in stock and had to ship one to me in 4-6 days unless unless I paid $14.95 for overnight shipping (and it still might be 1-2 days before I get a phone in hand). Thanks AT&T for bricking my phone and making me pay for overnight shipping on top of the inconvenience.

[ Edited ]
74 of 93 (3,014 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 22, 2012 4:22:35 PM
(0)
Contributor

Actually easier than that - Go to Settings / Applications / All  then Device Management. Click Clear Cache. Good to go.

Actually easier than that - Go to Settings / Applications / All  then Device Management. Click Clear Cache. Good to go.

75 of 93 (2,934 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 22, 2012 4:26:58 PM
(0)
Contributor
If you think Verizon is good about updates wish you all the best there. Not defending AT&T but all carriers suck massively at staying current and providing updates in any timely manner except for iPhones. Unfortunately Google and Microsoft don't force the carrier hand as much as Apple does apparently.
If you think Verizon is good about updates wish you all the best there. Not defending AT&T but all carriers suck massively at staying current and providing updates in any timely manner except for iPhones. Unfortunately Google and Microsoft don't force the carrier hand as much as Apple does apparently.

76 of 93 (2,933 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 22, 2012 5:09:36 PM
(0)
Contributor

AT&T obviously doesn't care about the amount of inconvenience and expense that they forced upon customers with this bug-ridden software update.

I naively launched the software update this morning that was pushed out by AT&T.  My phone was frozen up from that point on. I tried Power cycling, battery pull, 3 button reset - nothing worked.

I went to AT&T store this afternoon and spent 1.5 hours with the local AT&T tech and a Samsung tech we called.  Turns out this is a known problem reported by many customers, and all agreed that it is being caused by the AT&T software update that was pushed out.

It is very disappointing to know that  AT&T will not take responsibility for the problem that they admittedly caused.  Fortunately, my phone was still under warranty. If not, it would've been a complete loss to me, even though the damage was caused by AT&T.  

AT&T is shipping me a replacement phone a week from now, but they were unwilling to provide me with a suitable temporary phone to use while I wait.  I cannot afford to be without a phone/email/internet for a week.

I ended up "temporarily" purchasing a completely new Skyrocket (paid $583) that I will return within 30 days to have $548 refunded.  AT&T has the gall to charge me a $35 restocking fee.

This problem caused by AT&T will cost me $35, 1.5 hour of time, many lost personal photos, and a day of frustration!

Note to self - this is definitely my last phone contract with AT&T.

AT&T obviously doesn't care about the amount of inconvenience and expense that they forced upon customers with this bug-ridden software update.

I naively launched the software update this morning that was pushed out by AT&T.  My phone was frozen up from that point on. I tried Power cycling, battery pull, 3 button reset - nothing worked.

I went to AT&T store this afternoon and spent 1.5 hours with the local AT&T tech and a Samsung tech we called.  Turns out this is a known problem reported by many customers, and all agreed that it is being caused by the AT&T software update that was pushed out.

It is very disappointing to know that  AT&T will not take responsibility for the problem that they admittedly caused.  Fortunately, my phone was still under warranty. If not, it would've been a complete loss to me, even though the damage was caused by AT&T.  

AT&T is shipping me a replacement phone a week from now, but they were unwilling to provide me with a suitable temporary phone to use while I wait.  I cannot afford to be without a phone/email/internet for a week.

I ended up "temporarily" purchasing a completely new Skyrocket (paid $583) that I will return within 30 days to have $548 refunded.  AT&T has the gall to charge me a $35 restocking fee.

This problem caused by AT&T will cost me $35, 1.5 hour of time, many lost personal photos, and a day of frustration!

Note to self - this is definitely my last phone contract with AT&T.

77 of 93 (2,904 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 22, 2012 5:16:25 PM
(0)
Contributor

AT&T doesn't care (see my post below).  They also offered to overnight ship my replacement phone for $14.95, but it would not have arrived for 1.5days, not in time for my travel departure.

They obviously had new units in the store that they could've used as a replacement - they sold one to me for $583!

AT&T doesn't care (see my post below).  They also offered to overnight ship my replacement phone for $14.95, but it would not have arrived for 1.5days, not in time for my travel departure.

They obviously had new units in the store that they could've used as a replacement - they sold one to me for $583!

78 of 93 (2,896 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 22, 2012 5:16:45 PM
(0)
Tutor

Hey Guys/Gals. Just wanted to post my 2 cents. I got to the same 75% point with the "Update Failed" message. I wanted to start clean anyways, so I reset my Skyrocket to its factory settings, and then applied the update. Everything went fine with the update

Here are some changes I have noticed:

the Android version went from 2.3.5 to 2.3.6.

the Baseband is now I727UCLA3

kernal stayed the same at 2.6.35.11

Build number is Gingerbread.UCLA3

Lock screen seems to be quite fast, a quick swipe with your thumb and your home screen or previous screen is right there, seems like before, there was a bit of a flash/refresh lag.

The lock screen has a centered circle where the missed calls and texts count is located. A swipe in the appropriate direction will launch the phone or messages.

The incoming call screen looks different, has circle that appear on the bottom of the screen instead of the center. 

My LTE coverage bar has increased from 2, to 4bars, so I have a stronger signal. -89dbm 26asu. My LTE speed hasn't really increased. I was averaging in 9-10mbps, where I live outside of city, its about the same since I applied the update. In the middle of the city I get 20+mbps, sometimes as high as 48+mbps...it is smoking! As it is, my LTE speed is as fast as my cable modem internet service.

That's what I noticed so far.

Hey Guys/Gals. Just wanted to post my 2 cents. I got to the same 75% point with the "Update Failed" message. I wanted to start clean anyways, so I reset my Skyrocket to its factory settings, and then applied the update. Everything went fine with the update

Here are some changes I have noticed:

the Android version went from 2.3.5 to 2.3.6.

the Baseband is now I727UCLA3

kernal stayed the same at 2.6.35.11

Build number is Gingerbread.UCLA3

Lock screen seems to be quite fast, a quick swipe with your thumb and your home screen or previous screen is right there, seems like before, there was a bit of a flash/refresh lag.

The lock screen has a centered circle where the missed calls and texts count is located. A swipe in the appropriate direction will launch the phone or messages.

The incoming call screen looks different, has circle that appear on the bottom of the screen instead of the center. 

My LTE coverage bar has increased from 2, to 4bars, so I have a stronger signal. -89dbm 26asu. My LTE speed hasn't really increased. I was averaging in 9-10mbps, where I live outside of city, its about the same since I applied the update. In the middle of the city I get 20+mbps, sometimes as high as 48+mbps...it is smoking! As it is, my LTE speed is as fast as my cable modem internet service.

That's what I noticed so far.

79 of 93 (2,897 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 22, 2012 6:50:47 PM
(0)
Contributor

My skyrocket froze on the white screen during download.  ATT store told me it was Samsung's fault.  Told me to download the software from the Samsung website.  But the Samsung website won't even recognize my phone in the 'frozen' state.  Who is responsible - ATT or Samsung.  Phone is less than 2 months old.  

My skyrocket froze on the white screen during download.  ATT store told me it was Samsung's fault.  Told me to download the software from the Samsung website.  But the Samsung website won't even recognize my phone in the 'frozen' state.  Who is responsible - ATT or Samsung.  Phone is less than 2 months old.  

80 of 93 (2,836 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 22, 2012 7:42:03 PM
(0)
Tutor
Have you pulled the battery out?
Have you pulled the battery out?

81 of 93 (3,405 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2012 8:12:16 AM
(0)
Tutor

djxpress75 wrote:

How did you get it to work?  I too only have Kies Air, not Kies Mini.

I was talking about clearing data from dl manager

djxpress75 wrote:

How did you get it to work?  I too only have Kies Air, not Kies Mini.

I was talking about clearing data from dl manager

82 of 93 (3,231 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2012 11:50:31 AM
(0)
Tutor

My phone was done with the update in under 5 minutes, no drama whatsoever. I was bone stock though.

Unlock screen is different, answer call screen is different, Carrier IQ is removed, seems a bit more snappy, but now my soft keys wont light up when set to Always On. 

If i hit the power button 3 times real fast before unlock, the keys light up. If i just hit it one time, no light. This blows!

The update still didnt fix the disappearing browser windows and Im still missing calls.

Another Firmware blunder courtesy of the ATT/Samsung tag team.

My phone was done with the update in under 5 minutes, no drama whatsoever. I was bone stock though.

Unlock screen is different, answer call screen is different, Carrier IQ is removed, seems a bit more snappy, but now my soft keys wont light up when set to Always On. 

If i hit the power button 3 times real fast before unlock, the keys light up. If i just hit it one time, no light. This blows!

The update still didnt fix the disappearing browser windows and Im still missing calls.

Another Firmware blunder courtesy of the ATT/Samsung tag team.

83 of 93 (3,147 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 25, 2012 5:14:19 AM
(0)
Contributor

On Wednesday the 22nd I attempted the software update, but the update failed and I had the "white screen with blank progress bar" situation that has been described here. I took the phone to a local AT&T warranty location and when I mentioned my problem, the guy said, "I'll be right back!" and went and got a fellow from the back who wanted to see a phone with my situation. They hooked the phone up to their computer at the desk and within 10 minutes, I was up and running with 2.3.5 Andriod. According to the fellow, they are aware that the update has problems and pulled it. He also said there are 105 of these AT&T warranty centers across the country. The one I went to happened to be attached to a larger store. If you're having this problem, save yourself some time and frustration and find a (hopefully) nearby AT&T warranty center to have them fix your phone.

On Wednesday the 22nd I attempted the software update, but the update failed and I had the "white screen with blank progress bar" situation that has been described here. I took the phone to a local AT&T warranty location and when I mentioned my problem, the guy said, "I'll be right back!" and went and got a fellow from the back who wanted to see a phone with my situation. They hooked the phone up to their computer at the desk and within 10 minutes, I was up and running with 2.3.5 Andriod. According to the fellow, they are aware that the update has problems and pulled it. He also said there are 105 of these AT&T warranty centers across the country. The one I went to happened to be attached to a larger store. If you're having this problem, save yourself some time and frustration and find a (hopefully) nearby AT&T warranty center to have them fix your phone.

84 of 93 (2,790 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 25, 2012 7:42:27 AM
(0)
Contributor
Its the crappy phone or the update I am not sure buy I could able to update but it's not ICS. If you want to update reset your phone to factory setting.gs and try again. It worked for me Pavi
Its the crappy phone or the update I am not sure buy I could able to update but it's not ICS. If you want to update reset your phone to factory setting.gs and try again. It worked for me Pavi

85 of 93 (2,773 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 25, 2012 10:37:31 PM
(0)
Contributor

My phone has also been stuck on the update screen since Wed.  I finally had time to visit my local Device Support Center earlier today.  Unfortunately they did not have the neccessary software to revert it back to the original OS on site.  They offered to have a replacement phone sent overnight, so my wait will be a bit more than 10 minutes.  Still pretty good customer service though.

My phone has also been stuck on the update screen since Wed.  I finally had time to visit my local Device Support Center earlier today.  Unfortunately they did not have the neccessary software to revert it back to the original OS on site.  They offered to have a replacement phone sent overnight, so my wait will be a bit more than 10 minutes.  Still pretty good customer service though.

86 of 93 (2,712 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 26, 2012 11:14:40 AM
(0)
Scholar

Mine did same thing as All the others. Never installed either.  Thought it was Maybe because mine is Rooted, but I guess that is not the problem.  It now shows when I run the Update, that there is No Update.  But yet it did not change any of the version info.   CRAZY.........   Heck, it maybe years end before we get Ice Cream If we ever do from ATT..........

Mine did same thing as All the others. Never installed either.  Thought it was Maybe because mine is Rooted, but I guess that is not the problem.  It now shows when I run the Update, that there is No Update.  But yet it did not change any of the version info.   CRAZY.........   Heck, it maybe years end before we get Ice Cream If we ever do from ATT..........

87 of 93 (2,673 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 27, 2012 7:11:15 AM
(0)
Teacher

All this fail is no doubt related to crapware installed by T and Sammy.  Now I relize that Android must be customized to work on different hardware (cpu, gpu, modem, camera, chipset, etc.), got that.  But in their zeal to try and differentiate their product T, Sammy and others have gone too far.  Just give us Android.  This is a commodity business.  Except for the hardware (and associated drivers) there is no diffirentiation.  Nobody bought an S2 Skyrocket for the interface, they bought it for big screen, dual core processor and LTE capability.  Ditto for network providers. Nobody chooses T because of the software you put on the phones.  They bought T because of the hardware, LTE, coverage area, or network availablity (yes I know that sounds strange but in many places not named New York and San Francisco, T is superior to other carriers in network availbility).

Hardware and network are comodity products.  Live it, learn it, figure out how to compete on that basis.

Particularly stay out of the one business you both positively suck at:  software.

All this fail is no doubt related to crapware installed by T and Sammy.  Now I relize that Android must be customized to work on different hardware (cpu, gpu, modem, camera, chipset, etc.), got that.  But in their zeal to try and differentiate their product T, Sammy and others have gone too far.  Just give us Android.  This is a commodity business.  Except for the hardware (and associated drivers) there is no diffirentiation.  Nobody bought an S2 Skyrocket for the interface, they bought it for big screen, dual core processor and LTE capability.  Ditto for network providers. Nobody chooses T because of the software you put on the phones.  They bought T because of the hardware, LTE, coverage area, or network availablity (yes I know that sounds strange but in many places not named New York and San Francisco, T is superior to other carriers in network availbility).

Hardware and network are comodity products.  Live it, learn it, figure out how to compete on that basis.

Particularly stay out of the one business you both positively suck at:  software.

88 of 93 (2,613 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 4, 2012 7:35:00 AM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by flyjar on Apr 4, 2012 at 7:47:24 AM

Looks like it's out again.

And it udated sucessfully.

Info:

Android Version 2.3.6

Baseband I727UCLA3

Kernel 2.6.35.11

Looks like it's out again.

And it udated sucessfully.

Info:

Android Version 2.3.6

Baseband I727UCLA3

Kernel 2.6.35.11

[ Edited ]
89 of 93 (2,130 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 5, 2012 8:39:18 PM
(0)
Tutor
I just don't know how AT&T can do everything so halfway.

The update worked just fine for me. But my bottom buttons won't stay lit and this was reported after the last attempt at an update.

I don't understand how a multibillion dollar company can be so inept. What they need is a real CEO that could be embarrased like Bill Gates or Steve Jobs. I think part of why their products are better is that they don't want to look like fools in front of the world.

AT&T has no one to really look stupid when they fail so utterly. Jam doesn't count.

Just my $0.02 worth.
I just don't know how AT&T can do everything so halfway.

The update worked just fine for me. But my bottom buttons won't stay lit and this was reported after the last attempt at an update.

I don't understand how a multibillion dollar company can be so inept. What they need is a real CEO that could be embarrased like Bill Gates or Steve Jobs. I think part of why their products are better is that they don't want to look like fools in front of the world.

AT&T has no one to really look stupid when they fail so utterly. Jam doesn't count.

Just my $0.02 worth.

90 of 93 (2,065 Views)