So thats it, its official ATT doesnt care

Teacher

Re: So that's it, its official ATT doesnt care


archermoo wrote:
And so my question remains.  For whom will you leave AT&T?  Is there another company who can provide you with service for an iPhone and whose policies on purchasing phones with subsidized prices are more to your liking?  


And here are your answers - all the same- 

Q) For whom will you leave AT&T

Answer - - Sprint?

 

Q) Is there another company who can provide you with service for an iPhone and whose policies on purchasing phones with subsidized prices are more to your liking

Answer - - Sprint appears to be the at least the same as ATT. It does not hurt me to move there. I am sure they allow their customer to make phone calls the same as AT does Smiley Happy.

 

Oh I will get my new iPhone(s) and the service to go along with it in the near future! Just not looking likely with ATT though.

Message 46 of 124 (411 Views)
Scholar

Re: So that's it, its official ATT doesnt care


hpsb wrote:

 

And here are your answers - all the same- 

Q) For whom will you leave AT&T

Answer - - Sprint?

 



I'm not going to lie, if Sprint had the coverage that AT&T has in the areas that I travel, I would go with them too. But where I am, it's way too spotty to even try it. Plus, they offer truly unlimited plans, at least for now.

 

I don't blame you man. If you don't get the service you desire and you feel like another company can serve you better, your power is in the wallet. Best of luck to you!

Message 47 of 124 (407 Views)
Scholar

Re: So thats it, its official ATT doesnt care


browski wrote:

 

But understand, if there were a carrier out there that was head and shoulders above the rest in terms of customer service and perks that they give the customer, don't you think they would be shouting their own praises from the rooftops? Every forum I have every been on has basically the same type of complaints by the same type of customers.

 

Bottom line, we pay for the cell and data coverage we receive from these companies. Granted, the phones that each company offers are nice, but a tricked out phone is useless with no signal. So in reality, we are all with AT&T because of the service they provide in our area. If you have a better provider that provides a better service for a better price that you are not using, I really don't know how you were able to navigate to this site in the first place. I joke, only because this is such a simple thing that is driving people bonkers.


I've found T-Mobile to generally have excellent customer service and very reasonable rates, not to mention a variety of plan options (e.g. discounted service if you bring your own device, etc). Unfortunately, they are lacking with regards to cell and data coverage. For example, there's no cell signal for T-Mobile in my office. I have to go outside the building if I want to use my cellphone. I might be able to receive text messages inside my office on occasion but that's it.

Message 48 of 124 (406 Views)

Re: So that's it, its official ATT doesnt care


hpsb wrote:

archermoo wrote:
And so my question remains.  For whom will you leave AT&T?  Is there another company who can provide you with service for an iPhone and whose policies on purchasing phones with subsidized prices are more to your liking?  


And here are your answers - all the same- 

Q) For whom will you leave AT&T

Answer - - Sprint?

 

Q) Is there another company who can provide you with service for an iPhone and whose policies on purchasing phones with subsidized prices are more to your liking

Answer - - Sprint appears to be the at least the same as ATT. It does not hurt me to move there. I am sure they allow their customer to make phone calls the same as AT does Smiley Happy.

 

Oh I will get my new iPhone(s) and the service to go along with it in the near future! Just not looking likely with ATT though.


Well, if by "hurt" you mean "cause physical pain/injury" then no.  But changing carriers is not a painless process.  Doing so will require both time and effort on your part, particularly if you want to keep your existing numbers.

 

Regardless, if you decide to go with Sprint, best of luck!

Message 49 of 124 (400 Views)
Teacher

Re: So thats it, its official ATT doesnt care

[ Edited ]

browski wrote:

If you're just here to rant, the floor is yours for as long as you want it my friend.



And I am not going to stop you from ranting about others' ranting my friend ... Smiley Happy

 


But in the big scheme of things, in AT&T money, you're a minnow in the ocean on this one.

Thank You ! You just made my point - all of us together are all minnows to ATT. I would love to hear that come from the mouth of CEO of ATT and APPLE! They come up with these policies - just because  ...(fill in your statement)...

 

Smiley Happy

 

Message 50 of 124 (399 Views)
Scholar

Re: So thats it, its official ATT doesnt care


hnzw_rui wrote:

I've found T-Mobile to generally have excellent customer service and very reasonable rates, not to mention a variety of plan options (e.g. discounted service if you bring your own device, etc). Unfortunately, they are lacking with regards to cell and data coverage. For example, there's no cell signal for T-Mobile in my office. I have to go outside the building if I want to use my cellphone. I might be able to receive text messages inside my office on occasion but that's it.


Very true. I was with T-mobile before I moved to my current location in east bumble. There cell/data service was great and their customer service reps were actually helpful. Unfortunately, I'm stuck with AT&T or Verizon. I have had no problems that AT&T has not fixed to my liking. That's why I have very little to say bad about them. Yes, they make mistakes and boneheaded decisions, but other big carriers soon follow suit, so that tells me it is good for business.

 

I hope everyone who is having trouble gets the help they are looking for. But I've seen a number of people who are looking for help that AT&T cannot, should not and could not provide. If they were to do what some are asking, it would spell financial disaster.

Message 51 of 124 (442 Views)
Scholar

Re: So thats it, its official ATT doesnt care

[ Edited ]

 


hpsb wrote:

Thank You ! You just made my point - all of us together are all minnows to ATT. I would love to hear that come from the mouth of CEO of ATT and APPLE! They come up with these policies - just because  ...(fill in your statement)...

 

Smiley Happy

 


haha Man, if that were to happen they would gain a ton of respect and lose a ton of revenue. After all, most of us are loyal, on-time paying minnows that love to beg for 2 more years of servitude just to have the latest gadgets.

Message 52 of 124 (437 Views)
Teacher

Re: So thats it, its official ATT doesnt care

[ Edited ]

browski wrote:

haha Man, if that were to happen they would gain a ton of respect and lose a ton of revenue. After all, most of us are loyal, on-time paying minnows that love to beg for 2 more years of servitude just to have the latest gadgets.



Smiley Happy

 

But seriously man, with Steve no longer available, APPLE (and to a lesser extent - ATT) have failed big time (IMO) in managing expectations (regardless of the "contracts") - I remember the last two times - Steve was at the helm then - and it is a such a stark contrast to where things are today.

 

http://www.bgr.com/2011/10/06/the-little-things/

 

Quote:

...but that’s just how serious it seemed Steve took things, even things as small as this. It’s apparent to anyone who knew even the littlest thing about Steve Jobs that the small details were often the most important details ...

 

Message 53 of 124 (426 Views)
Scholar

Re: So thats it, its official ATT doesnt care


hpsb wrote:

Quote:

...but that’s just how serious it seemed Steve took things, even things as small as this. It’s apparent to anyone who knew even the littlest thing about Steve Jobs that the small details were often the most important details ...

 


I have heard that about him on many occassions. I have no doubts that things are going to be much different now with him gone. The press conference on Tuesday was evidence enough of that. All of the live blogs I read repeatedly made the comment "insert Apple big-wig is certainly no Steve Jobs". I don't think the company's vision has changed, but without a personality and mind like Steve Jobs behind the scenes, the essence of the company has to be affected.

 

I'm not a stock holder (boy do I wish I was) so my relationship with Apple and AT&T extends as far as the phone in my pocket. With my specific situation, I'm not going to have the phone shipped to me because I can't be here to sign for it. I might luck out and the Fed Ex guy not get here until I am home from work, but it's not that big of a deal to me. I will call my local store next Friday and if they have the phone, I will get one. If not, my 3GS has gotten me through two-and-a-half years and it will probably get me to the next iPhone release.

 

I hate to see anyone treated unfairly, I'll be the first to say that. Many people might actually have a legitimate gripe with their individual experience. If so, I hope that AT&T makes it right and compensates them if the problem is that serious. It's clear to me from our short convo that you are certainly level headed enough to know when you have truly been treated unfairly. I hope you get some satisfaction, whether it be here with Ma Bell or with the folks over at Sprint.

Message 54 of 124 (412 Views)
Teacher

Re: So thats it, its official ATT doesnt care


browski wrote:

I will call my local store next Friday and if they have the phone, I will get one. If not, my 3GS has gotten me through two-and-a-half years and it will probably get me to the next iPhone release.

 



Oh I think you would be able to get the phone from the store without any problems.

 

The (overly prohibitive IMO) high upgrade fees will prevent the bulk of customers from upgrading.

 

No great rush this time around like last year.

Message 55 of 124 (404 Views)

Re: So thats it, its official ATT doesnt care


hpsb wrote:

browski wrote:

I will call my local store next Friday and if they have the phone, I will get one. If not, my 3GS has gotten me through two-and-a-half years and it will probably get me to the next iPhone release.

 



Oh I think you would be able to get the phone from the store without any problems.

 

The (overly prohibitive IMO) high upgrade fees will prevent the bulk of customers from upgrading.

 

No great rush this time around like last year.


I'm curious why you think this year would be any different than previous years.  After all this isn't the first year they've had the three tier pricing in effect.  It isn't the first year that customers with the current phone have had to choose whether they want to pay extra to upgrade right away or wait until they could get the best price.  So what do you see as being different?

Message 56 of 124 (393 Views)
Teacher

Re: So thats it, its official ATT doesnt care


archermoo wrote

I'm curious why you think this year would be any different than previous years.  After all this isn't the first year they've had the three tier pricing in effect.  It isn't the first year that customers with the current phone have had to choose whether they want to pay extra to upgrade right away or wait until they could get the best price.  So what do you see as being different?


No problems - let me explain:

June 2010 - iPhone 4 lowest price (299) - no additional fee - only 1 year into contract

October 2011 - iPhone 4S, if purchased will cost additional $250 (on top of the $299) - get this - till Feb 2012 (not Nov 2011 - which would have been perfectly fine by me)

 

I think I see a difference - huge difference in expectations (not the contracts - that is an enforcing mechanism - and I intend to fulfil mine)

 

Most of the bee-line from the early IP4 adopters will certainly not be there ... hence - lessened demand than last time. Smiley Happy

Message 57 of 124 (388 Views)

Re: So thats it, its official ATT doesnt care


hpsb wrote:

archermoo wrote

I'm curious why you think this year would be any different than previous years.  After all this isn't the first year they've had the three tier pricing in effect.  It isn't the first year that customers with the current phone have had to choose whether they want to pay extra to upgrade right away or wait until they could get the best price.  So what do you see as being different?


No problems - let me explain:

June 2010 - iPhone 4 lowest price (299) - no additional fee - only 1 year into contract

October 2011 - iPhone 4S, if purchased will cost additional $250 (on top of the $299) - get this - till Feb 2012 (not Nov 2011 - which would have been perfectly fine by me)

 

I think I see a difference - huge difference in expectations (not the contracts - that is an enforcing mechanism - and I intend to fulfil mine)

 

Most of the bee-line from the early IP4 adopters will certainly not be there ... hence - lessened demand than last time. Smiley Happy


You missed my point.  Yes, I understand the situation you are in.  But a lot of people were in that same situation last year with the iPhone 4, and it still flew off the shelves.  Of course, people made the same predictions last year.  That since the early 3GS adopters wouldn't be buying them the sales would be lower than they were for the 3GS.  Which as it turned out was incorrect.

Message 58 of 124 (384 Views)
Teacher

Re: So thats it, its official ATT doesnt care

[ Edited ]

archermoo wrote:
You missed my point.  Yes, I understand the situation you are in.  But a lot of people were in that same situation last year with the iPhone 4, and it still flew off the shelves.  Of course, people made the same predictions last year.  That since the early 3GS adopters wouldn't be buying them the sales would be lower than they were for the 3GS.  Which as it turned out was incorrect.

OK Let me add:

 

June 2009: Got 3GS when it first came out

June 2010: 3GS to IP4 early adopter (no additional fee) - assuming same situation for most (if not all) 3GS adopters - the IP4 flew off the shelves

Oct 2011: IP4 adopters who now wish to do the same as last year need to shell out $250 extra

 

So - 3GS to IP4 within 13 months - no fee (huge rush), but IP4 to IP4S within 17 months - extra $250. What exactly is your point - that it is the same situation as last year ? - It is most certainly not.

 

Message 59 of 124 (373 Views)

Re: So that's it, its official ATT doesnt care

So move to Sprint. Nobody's telling you to stay. But what happens when another model of iPhone comes out anywhere between July & October of next year, & Sprint tells you "no dice" when you say you want to upgrade to the latest & greatest iPhone? Will you then pay the ETF to move to Verizon? And then return to AT&T when the iPhone 5S comes out in mid-to-late 2013?

 


hpsb wrote:

archermoo wrote:
And so my question remains.  For whom will you leave AT&T?  Is there another company who can provide you with service for an iPhone and whose policies on purchasing phones with subsidized prices are more to your liking?  


And here are your answers - all the same- 

Q) For whom will you leave AT&T

Answer - - Sprint?

 

Q) Is there another company who can provide you with service for an iPhone and whose policies on purchasing phones with subsidized prices are more to your liking

Answer - - Sprint appears to be the at least the same as ATT. It does not hurt me to move there. I am sure they allow their customer to make phone calls the same as AT does Smiley Happy.

 

Oh I will get my new iPhone(s) and the service to go along with it in the near future! Just not looking likely with ATT though.




Message 60 of 124 (369 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support