Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 7, 2011
7:11:10 AM
View profile
So thats it, its official ATT doesnt care

No upgrade pricing was given to loyal customers, while some people on same plans are getting the upgrade pricing, I confirmed with 3 people on same plan as me with same date as me getting it at the right price, while I was greeted with upgrade available and a 11/22 date... ATT this is not right and as many times as I said it before I feel cheated and betrayed I dont care what ATT followers are saying here. 

We got cheated !!!! I would of been ok with atleast 1normal upgrade on primary line and a early upgrade $250 fee for the other, but no Greed took over ATT and they said good bye to me. Well Good bye to you.......

No upgrade pricing was given to loyal customers, while some people on same plans are getting the upgrade pricing, I confirmed with 3 people on same plan as me with same date as me getting it at the right price, while I was greeted with upgrade available and a 11/22 date... ATT this is not right and as many times as I said it before I feel cheated and betrayed I dont care what ATT followers are saying here. 

We got cheated !!!! I would of been ok with atleast 1normal upgrade on primary line and a early upgrade $250 fee for the other, but no Greed took over ATT and they said good bye to me. Well Good bye to you.......

So thats it, its official ATT doesnt care

123 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(123)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 8, 2011 7:51:07 PM
(0)
Teacher

Their sure is a lot of crying going on about the iphone 4s. I really don't see what all the hype is all about especially if you have an iphone 4. The only people I know of that give yearly upgrades are Verizon and Sprint. I here Sprint doesn't do it anymore but I'm not sure so that leaves Verizon. So if you want a yearly upgrade your going to have to leave At&t and pick another cell provider. I for one am happy with my iphone 4 and won't be upgrading.

Their sure is a lot of crying going on about the iphone 4s. I really don't see what all the hype is all about especially if you have an iphone 4. The only people I know of that give yearly upgrades are Verizon and Sprint. I here Sprint doesn't do it anymore but I'm not sure so that leaves Verizon. So if you want a yearly upgrade your going to have to leave At&t and pick another cell provider. I for one am happy with my iphone 4 and won't be upgrading.

Re: So that's it, its official ATT doesn't care

91 of 124 (333 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 8, 2011 8:03:48 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

graphite07 wrote:

not really it expries soon and not july 2012.

So, I take it that you didn't sign a two-year contract when you got the iPhone 4?

graphite07 wrote:

So, I take it that you didn't sign a two-year contract when you got the iPhone 4?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: So that's it, its official ATT doesnt care

92 of 124 (330 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 8, 2011 11:40:43 PM
(0)
Expert

We're mostly customers here, so we cannot access your account.  Smiley Happy

You'll need to send a PM to a Community Manager (ATT employee) who can look up your account and answer your questions.

Jam
http://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/2548143

Kann2380 wrote:
Hi- my upgrade date is also feb 2012. Could someone look into that for me also? This is not a family line and I upgraded last year at iPhone launch. My 2 friends with similar plans who waited with me that day can both upgrade in November. I tried calling 611 but no one could explain it to me.

We're mostly customers here, so we cannot access your account.  Smiley Happy

You'll need to send a PM to a Community Manager (ATT employee) who can look up your account and answer your questions.

Jam
http://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/2548143

Kann2380 wrote:
Hi- my upgrade date is also feb 2012. Could someone look into that for me also? This is not a family line and I upgraded last year at iPhone launch. My 2 friends with similar plans who waited with me that day can both upgrade in November. I tried calling 611 but no one could explain it to me.

Re: So thats it, its official ATT doesnt care

93 of 124 (313 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2011 6:21:22 AM
(0)
Teacher

Loyal4Now1 wrote:
Just so everyone is clear, the subsidized upgrade program is not part of any contract. It is a program ATT offers and is subject to change whenever and for whatever reason they think appropriate. No ATT subscriber signs a contract limiting or guaranteeing them a particular upgrade eligibility date. It is simply an ATT policy they can apply as they choose.

This is the essence of that problem here - this is not about their contract - the contract itself states that it can be broken for a set fee. This is about an ATT consumer being dissatisfied for something that ATT was providing in the past - **as a policy matter**

Is ATT saying that they will make $250 more off me between Nov 2011 and Feb 2012 ? I certainly do not see that !

Or is ATT saying that by giving me the upgrade in Nov 2011 (thus shortening the eventual contract length by about 4-5 months), I will decide to leave ATT sooner when the new contract done in NOV 2011 expires in 2014 ? Keep in mind - someone who is with ATT will stay with ATT if satisfied - contract or no contract.

Where does this $250 fee come from - APPLE ?

It is plausible that ATT (or APPLE) is gambling on fleecing even more money ($250 in my case) by betting on the IP4S being good enough to make someone cough up $250 more.

If so, this has the trappings of a big backfire (more so for ATT, less for APPLE) ...

Loyal4Now1 wrote:
Just so everyone is clear, the subsidized upgrade program is not part of any contract. It is a program ATT offers and is subject to change whenever and for whatever reason they think appropriate. No ATT subscriber signs a contract limiting or guaranteeing them a particular upgrade eligibility date. It is simply an ATT policy they can apply as they choose.

This is the essence of that problem here - this is not about their contract - the contract itself states that it can be broken for a set fee. This is about an ATT consumer being dissatisfied for something that ATT was providing in the past - **as a policy matter**

Is ATT saying that they will make $250 more off me between Nov 2011 and Feb 2012 ? I certainly do not see that !

Or is ATT saying that by giving me the upgrade in Nov 2011 (thus shortening the eventual contract length by about 4-5 months), I will decide to leave ATT sooner when the new contract done in NOV 2011 expires in 2014 ? Keep in mind - someone who is with ATT will stay with ATT if satisfied - contract or no contract.

It is plausible that ATT (or APPLE) is gambling on fleecing even more money ($250 in my case) by betting on the IP4S being good enough to make someone cough up $250 more.

If so, this has the trappings of a big backfire (more so for ATT, less for APPLE) ...

94 of 124 (300 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2011 6:57:25 AM
(0)
Scholar

hpsb wrote:

Loyal4Now1 wrote:

It doesn't (or wouldn't) shorten the contract length. It replaces the existing contract with a new two year contract and a new upgrade period which is redetermined independently of what your last one was.

The $250 is intended to recoup (or partially recoup in some cases) the remaining balance of the subsidy AT&T gave you the last time you upgraded, which it would otherwise lose if it just let you upgrade early.

Look, AT&T had a business case for extending early upgrades to early 4 adopters back in the day. It wanted to lock those folks into new two year contracts in order to reduce the likelihood that they would leave for Verizon when their contracts expired. It made sense at the time for AT&T to do that, based on protecting ITS interests, not your interests. 

It doesn't make sense from a business perspective to do it now. We get that it sucks for you to want the shiniest new toy on the block for a rock bottom price and to be confounded in that pursuit, but oh well.

hpsb wrote:

Loyal4Now1 wrote:

It doesn't (or wouldn't) shorten the contract length. It replaces the existing contract with a new two year contract and a new upgrade period which is redetermined independently of what your last one was.

The $250 is intended to recoup (or partially recoup in some cases) the remaining balance of the subsidy AT&T gave you the last time you upgraded, which it would otherwise lose if it just let you upgrade early.

Look, AT&T had a business case for extending early upgrades to early 4 adopters back in the day. It wanted to lock those folks into new two year contracts in order to reduce the likelihood that they would leave for Verizon when their contracts expired. It made sense at the time for AT&T to do that, based on protecting ITS interests, not your interests. 

It doesn't make sense from a business perspective to do it now. We get that it sucks for you to want the shiniest new toy on the block for a rock bottom price and to be confounded in that pursuit, but oh well.

95 of 124 (292 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2011 7:08:55 AM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by hpsb on Oct 9, 2011 at 7:09:23 AM

dww0311 wrote:

Really ? - If my contract is extended - how would I be leaving early ? ATT still does not make any "extra" $250 off me in any case (unless I terminate my contract by paying ETF).

And how do you happen to know this as a matter of fact? Perhaps you are the CEO of ATT in disguise - trying to answer customers concerns ?

Smiley Happy

dww0311 wrote:

Really ? - If my contract is extended - how would I be leaving early ? ATT still does not make any "extra" $250 off me in any case (unless I terminate my contract by paying ETF).

And how do you happen to know this as a matter of fact? Perhaps you are the CEO of ATT in disguise - trying to answer customers concerns ?

Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
96 of 124 (291 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2011 7:24:15 AM
(0)
Scholar

hpsb wrote:

Smiley Happy

No, I just know how to read a contract and I can add & subtract.

Every time you enter into a contract with AT&T, it sells you a grossly discounted device. For example, the new IP4S I just ordered, at $299, cost AT&T a good deal more than $299. The difference between what AT&T paid and what I paid is called the carrying balance, and it is recouped by AT&T over the life of the contract. How long it takes to recoup it varies depending on which rate plan, data plan, messaging plan, etc. you select, which is why people who all have 2 year contracts have different upgrade windows. Some paid back the subsidy (via their bill) quicker than others. Think of it as AT&T selling you a phone at retail via credit.

When it let those IP4 early adopters upgrade before their upgrade windows had been satisfied, it lost the remaining balance on every one of the phones that they were discarding in favor of their IP4s. It simply wrote that money off.

What you are saying is that now, you want AT&T to write off the remainder of the subsidy it gave you on that IP4 you bought and which you haven't repaid. It has no incentive to do that. Why would it?

You're effectively arguing this: You buy new car from Ford, and begin making payments. A year later, shiny new better happier Ford car comes out, and you want it badly. Ford agrees to essentially take the remainder of the balance you haven't repaid on the first car you bought and throw that away so that you can buy shiny new better happier Ford.

And because Ford agreed to lose money for you once, you think that it should have to do it every time that you want the next shinier newer betterer happierer Ford that comes out.

Think that's realistic?

hpsb wrote:

Smiley Happy

Every time you enter into a contract with AT&T, it sells you a grossly discounted device. For example, the new IP4S I just ordered, at $299, cost AT&T a good deal more than $299. The difference between what AT&T paid and what I paid is called the carrying balance, and it is recouped by AT&T over the life of the contract. How long it takes to recoup it varies depending on which rate plan, data plan, messaging plan, etc. you select, which is why people who all have 2 year contracts have different upgrade windows. Some paid back the subsidy (via their bill) quicker than others. Think of it as AT&T selling you a phone at retail via credit.

When it let those IP4 early adopters upgrade before their upgrade windows had been satisfied, it lost the remaining balance on every one of the phones that they were discarding in favor of their IP4s. It simply wrote that money off.

What you are saying is that now, you want AT&T to write off the remainder of the subsidy it gave you on that IP4 you bought and which you haven't repaid. It has no incentive to do that. Why would it?

You're effectively arguing this: You buy new car from Ford, and begin making payments. A year later, shiny new better happier Ford car comes out, and you want it badly. Ford agrees to essentially take the remainder of the balance you haven't repaid on the first car you bought and throw that away so that you can buy shiny new better happier Ford.

And because Ford agreed to lose money for you once, you think that it should have to do it every time that you want the next shinier newer betterer happierer Ford that comes out.

Think that's realistic?

97 of 124 (285 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2011 7:49:21 AM
(0)
Professor

OK, so here's where we are.  AT&T has allowed early upgrades in the past on iPhones.  This time they haven't and some people are upset.  Somewhat understandable, but ultimately now what?  The deed is done.  They haven't relented or seen the error of their ways or whatever people want to call it, and there is no indication that they are going to change their minds.  The reason doesn't matter at this point as it's too late to get one on launch day unless you stand in line somewhere and get very lucky.  The time for web preorders for getting the phone on launch day is long past.

So, it looks like people who are upset about this have 3 options:  1)  Wait until your upgrade date and get the phone for the full discount price or, 2) Suck it up and pay the +$250 early upgrade price and get your phone sooner than your upgrade date or, 3) Pay the EFT and go over to Verizon or Sprint for the next 2 years.  Seems that it's time to let it go and implement your option.  Futher back and forth isn't going to get anyone an iPhone 4S any sooner. I think.

OK, so here's where we are.  AT&T has allowed early upgrades in the past on iPhones.  This time they haven't and some people are upset.  Somewhat understandable, but ultimately now what?  The deed is done.  They haven't relented or seen the error of their ways or whatever people want to call it, and there is no indication that they are going to change their minds.  The reason doesn't matter at this point as it's too late to get one on launch day unless you stand in line somewhere and get very lucky.  The time for web preorders for getting the phone on launch day is long past.

So, it looks like people who are upset about this have 3 options:  1)  Wait until your upgrade date and get the phone for the full discount price or, 2) Suck it up and pay the +$250 early upgrade price and get your phone sooner than your upgrade date or, 3) Pay the EFT and go over to Verizon or Sprint for the next 2 years.  Seems that it's time to let it go and implement your option.  Futher back and forth isn't going to get anyone an iPhone 4S any sooner. I think.

98 of 124 (279 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2011 8:03:19 AM
(0)
Scholar
So with everyone saying 4S is not a big deal and demand wont be crazy ? The iPhones are sold out and the wait time is not 1-2 weeks.... I can only see whats it going to be once we all get to our date 11/22, Thanks a lot ATT!
So with everyone saying 4S is not a big deal and demand wont be crazy ? The iPhones are sold out and the wait time is not 1-2 weeks.... I can only see whats it going to be once we all get to our date 11/22, Thanks a lot ATT!

99 of 124 (267 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2011 8:10:00 AM
(0)
Scholar

yozhbk wrote:

By that time, it will have eased back down closer to normal and you'll probably be able to walk into a store and pick one up at your leisure.

yozhbk wrote:

By that time, it will have eased back down closer to normal and you'll probably be able to walk into a store and pick one up at your leisure.

100 of 124 (262 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2011 8:25:06 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

yozhbk wrote:

Everyone's upgrade date isn't 11/22, so the crowd that wants a new iPhone probably won't be that large on that day.  And yes, the unthinkable will happen, too.  Some iOS users will switch platforms to Android, BlackBerry, Windows Phone 7, and others. Smiley Surprised

yozhbk wrote:

Everyone's upgrade date isn't 11/22, so the crowd that wants a new iPhone probably won't be that large on that day.  And yes, the unthinkable will happen, too.  Some iOS users will switch platforms to Android, BlackBerry, Windows Phone 7, and others. Smiley Surprised

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

101 of 124 (379 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2011 8:41:38 AM
(0)
Professor

21stNow wrote:

yozhbk wrote:

Plus people who didn't get the early upgrade have all left and gone to Sprint or Verizon, haven't they?  Smiley Wink

21stNow wrote:

yozhbk wrote:

Plus people who didn't get the early upgrade have all left and gone to Sprint or Verizon, haven't they?  Smiley Wink

102 of 124 (372 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2011 9:08:57 AM
(0)
Expert
Edited by wingrider01 on Oct 9, 2011 at 9:18:19 AM

yozhbk wrote:

Iphone 4 first day sales approx 1.5 million, apple said 1.7 million

http://news.cnet.com/8301-31021_3-20008852-260.html

Iphone 4S first day sales appeox 600,000

http://ismashphone.com/2010/06/600000-iphone-4s-preordered-10-x-higher-than-1st-day-3gs-sales.html

seems kind of meeh there considering there at 4 locations to obtain a Iphone 4S now

1. Apple

2. ATT

3. Sprint

4. Verizon

last year at release there where only 2 vendors

1. Apple

2. ATT

would seem that if it was such a hot item the numbers should have exceeded those of the 4 release what with all the people that are flocking away from att for the phone when they did not get the perk of early upgrade.

The early upgrade perk last year was one of the better marketing incentives that ATT offered, last year the iphone was exlcusive at the time of release, but when most people's upgrade elgibility that had the 3GS on release date rolled around there was a chance that another carrier would have the phone giving them a second option - so by offering the eraly upgrade they locked those people into another 2 years up front.

This year there was already another vendor and one coming on at release, so there was no marketing incentive to offer, especially with the larger remaining ETF's the would be collected if the person actually did leave and the simple fact of the additional contrat time that was paid when they took advantage of the early upgrade, all in all a brilliant marketing ploy for last year, it was a win win situatiuon for ATT back then, now it isn't

yozhbk wrote:

http://ismashphone.com/2010/06/600000-iphone-4s-preordered-10-x-higher-than-1st-day-3gs-sales.html

seems kind of meeh there considering there at 4 locations to obtain a Iphone 4S now

1. Apple

2. ATT

3. Sprint

4. Verizon

1. Apple

2. ATT

would seem that if it was such a hot item the numbers should have exceeded those of the 4 release what with all the people that are flocking away from att for the phone when they did not get the perk of early upgrade.

The early upgrade perk last year was one of the better marketing incentives that ATT offered, last year the iphone was exlcusive at the time of release, but when most people's upgrade elgibility that had the 3GS on release date rolled around there was a chance that another carrier would have the phone giving them a second option - so by offering the eraly upgrade they locked those people into another 2 years up front.

This year there was already another vendor and one coming on at release, so there was no marketing incentive to offer, especially with the larger remaining ETF's the would be collected if the person actually did leave and the simple fact of the additional contrat time that was paid when they took advantage of the early upgrade, all in all a brilliant marketing ploy for last year, it was a win win situatiuon for ATT back then, now it isn't

[ Edited ]
103 of 124 (366 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2011 9:13:36 AM
(0)
Scholar

dwill05 wrote:

I am still amazed at what Sprint agreed to (committing to buy > 30 million iPhones over 4 years, whether it could sell them or not, and dumping WiMAX in favor of building out an expensive LTE network from the ground up).

I'll honestly be surprised if the company still exists in 10 years.

dwill05 wrote:

I am still amazed at what Sprint agreed to (committing to buy > 30 million iPhones over 4 years, whether it could sell them or not, and dumping WiMAX in favor of building out an expensive LTE network from the ground up).

104 of 124 (363 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2011 9:21:53 AM
(0)
Expert

dww0311 wrote:

dwill05 wrote:

they are playing the percentage on that - the iphone maybe the key to pull Sprint out of the cave-in disaster from the Nextel merger, especially if they hold to their statement about unlimited data (with a strict fair use policy) they are banking on the iphone fanatics to jump ship and go to the one company that still offeres unlimited data. To bad their actual coverage is poor in a lot of places.

suspect they will be around, esepcially if the ATT / T-Mobile merger follwos through, worse comes to worse teh goverment will bail them out with a loan like they did the car companies and the banks

dww0311 wrote:

dwill05 wrote:

they are playing the percentage on that - the iphone maybe the key to pull Sprint out of the cave-in disaster from the Nextel merger, especially if they hold to their statement about unlimited data (with a strict fair use policy) they are banking on the iphone fanatics to jump ship and go to the one company that still offeres unlimited data. To bad their actual coverage is poor in a lot of places.

suspect they will be around, esepcially if the ATT / T-Mobile merger follwos through, worse comes to worse teh goverment will bail them out with a loan like they did the car companies and the banks

105 of 124 (360 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2011 9:31:46 AM
(0)
Scholar

wingrider01 wrote:

I'm not sure they will be, but I could be wrong about that. Sprint only released the iPhone to existing customers, at least thus far. People who otherwise would have jumped over to Sprint for the unlimited data (which I don't think will survive either) are instead signing new contracts with AT&T or Verizon as we speak. Those folks will be locked into stiff 2 year contracts which will prevent them from subsequently going over to Sprint even if they wanted to.

If Sprint is to even survive, it can't do it by converting its existing subscriber base to iPhones. It has to pull in new customers, and a LOT of them, in order to underwrite not only the cost of buying all those phones, but also the cost of building out a new network, from the ground up, in 2 years. (Sprint is projecting to have it built by the end of 2013. To accomplish that, Sprint is going to have to borrow a truckload of money, and its balance sheet can't handle all that borrowing in its current condition.)

I think that 2 years ago, this might have saved them. As it is, it just feels like too little, too late. The patient is too diseased to be cured at this point, IMO.

wingrider01 wrote:

I'm not sure they will be, but I could be wrong about that. Sprint only released the iPhone to existing customers, at least thus far. People who otherwise would have jumped over to Sprint for the unlimited data (which I don't think will survive either) are instead signing new contracts with AT&T or Verizon as we speak. Those folks will be locked into stiff 2 year contracts which will prevent them from subsequently going over to Sprint even if they wanted to.

If Sprint is to even survive, it can't do it by converting its existing subscriber base to iPhones. It has to pull in new customers, and a LOT of them, in order to underwrite not only the cost of buying all those phones, but also the cost of building out a new network, from the ground up, in 2 years. (Sprint is projecting to have it built by the end of 2013. To accomplish that, Sprint is going to have to borrow a truckload of money, and its balance sheet can't handle all that borrowing in its current condition.)

I think that 2 years ago, this might have saved them. As it is, it just feels like too little, too late. The patient is too diseased to be cured at this point, IMO.

106 of 124 (355 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2011 9:44:45 AM
(0)
Scholar

dww0311 wrote:

I just tried getting a new iPhone from Sprint's website and they definitely allow new customers to get it. In fact, it seems they still have the iPhone 4S 32GB and 64GB models available for release date delivery.

dww0311 wrote:

I just tried getting a new iPhone from Sprint's website and they definitely allow new customers to get it. In fact, it seems they still have the iPhone 4S 32GB and 64GB models available for release date delivery.

107 of 124 (347 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2011 10:02:02 AM
(0)
Scholar

hnzw_rui wrote:

That is interesting. On the Apple site, only existing Sprint customers are being allowed to preorder online. New customers (for all three models) have to go to an Apple store to pick up their phones on a first come first served basis.

hnzw_rui wrote:

That is interesting. On the Apple site, only existing Sprint customers are being allowed to preorder online. New customers (for all three models) have to go to an Apple store to pick up their phones on a first come first served basis.

108 of 124 (340 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2011 10:26:49 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

dww0311 wrote:

I give them less than five years, unless there is government intervention.  We'll see if Sprint's stock price turns around with the release of the iPhone on its network.

dww0311 wrote:

I give them less than five years, unless there is government intervention.  We'll see if Sprint's stock price turns around with the release of the iPhone on its network.

109 of 124 (327 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2011 10:46:57 AM
(0)
Professor

21stNow wrote:

graphite07 wrote:

i did but my wife used my upgrade a long time ago. and i used hers,but  my line  has a upgrade on it from september of this year. i am not sure how it works out. but my wife used my upgrade a long time ago. but last year it said i could upgrade september 2011 i did not argue lol..

21stNow wrote:

graphite07 wrote:

i did but my wife used my upgrade a long time ago. and i used hers,but  my line  has a upgrade on it from september of this year. i am not sure how it works out. but my wife used my upgrade a long time ago. but last year it said i could upgrade september 2011 i did not argue lol..
hello!!!

Re: So that's it, its official ATT doesnt care

110 of 124 (321 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2011 10:57:18 AM
(0)
Teacher

dww0311 wrote:

hpsb wrote:

Smiley Happy

And you are not yet reading what I am saying : ATT is not getting any more than they are already getting from me. If I serve out my contract, I still make the same monthly payments regardless of the model of iPhone I have.

What you are saying amounts to this: ATT would rather protect $250 (or whatever is residual) fighting tooth and nail for it,  while at the same time they are OK with losing $3360( 2 voice and data plans for 2 yrs) which is what hey would LOSE when I switch out to Sprint.

In another thread you admitted that last time ATT conceded to protect their customer base from VZ. This time not only is VZ still there but there is another player on the block.

dww0311 wrote:

hpsb wrote:

Smiley Happy

And you are not yet reading what I am saying : ATT is not getting any more than they are already getting from me. If I serve out my contract, I still make the same monthly payments regardless of the model of iPhone I have.

What you are saying amounts to this: ATT would rather protect $250 (or whatever is residual) fighting tooth and nail for it,  while at the same time they are OK with losing $3360( 2 voice and data plans for 2 yrs) which is what hey would LOSE when I switch out to Sprint.

In another thread you admitted that last time ATT conceded to protect their customer base from VZ. This time not only is VZ still there but there is another player on the block.

111 of 124 (447 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2011 10:58:36 AM
(0)
Teacher

dww0311 wrote:

LOL !!! By that time ATT would have a serious inventory surplus - they might offer you coupons and discounts....

Smiley Happy

dww0311 wrote:

LOL !!! By that time ATT would have a serious inventory surplus - they might offer you coupons and discounts....

Smiley Happy

112 of 124 (446 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2011 11:25:07 AM
(0)
Scholar

hpsb wrote:

LOL, good luck with that. Switch to Sprint and you'll eventually be coming back, either because their network sucks or because they went out of business and you have no other alternative.

Every time this comes around, we're inundated with people threatening to leave if they don't get what they want, and yet the numbers don't seem to budge much. It's a moot point. AT&T isn't going to give you the upgrade price. Preorder for launch day is largely done. If that motivates you to leave, well best of luck and don't let the door hit you in the behind.

hpsb wrote:

LOL, good luck with that. Switch to Sprint and you'll eventually be coming back, either because their network sucks or because they went out of business and you have no other alternative.

Every time this comes around, we're inundated with people threatening to leave if they don't get what they want, and yet the numbers don't seem to budge much. It's a moot point. AT&T isn't going to give you the upgrade price. Preorder for launch day is largely done. If that motivates you to leave, well best of luck and don't let the door hit you in the behind.

113 of 124 (435 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2011 11:32:10 AM
(0)
Professor

dww0311 wrote:

hpsb wrote:

everything i have read and heard about other cell  providers i will stick with AT&T! i never had any probllems with service or CS support. i had only 1 or two small problems with  a upgrade years ago  but i called CS support and  they fixed the problem. my service always works i have unlimited data so does my wife. i am eligible for a up grade now!  when some one says i am leaving AT&T  because i can not get early upgrade or discount price i am not waiting,you  signed the 2 year contract you agreed to the 20 months out of the 24 month contract. just pay the ETF and leave.  no sense in fussing about it  AT&T will not do anything for you unless your ELIGIBLE for a upgrade.

dww0311 wrote:

hpsb wrote:

everything i have read and heard about other cell  providers i will stick with AT&T! i never had any probllems with service or CS support. i had only 1 or two small problems with  a upgrade years ago  but i called CS support and  they fixed the problem. my service always works i have unlimited data so does my wife. i am eligible for a up grade now!  when some one says i am leaving AT&T  because i can not get early upgrade or discount price i am not waiting,you  signed the 2 year contract you agreed to the 20 months out of the 24 month contract. just pay the ETF and leave.  no sense in fussing about it  AT&T will not do anything for you unless your ELIGIBLE for a upgrade.

hello!!!

114 of 124 (430 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2011 12:41:15 PM
(0)
Tutor

wingrider01 wrote:

yozhbk wrote:

1. Apple

2. ATT

3. Sprint

4. Verizon

1. Apple

2. ATT

I'm sorry I had to register to point out the gaping whole in your rediculous argument. You posted a link to two articles and claimed the second was about iPhone 4S sales. Did you look at the post date? It was posted on 06/16/2010. It wasn't for the iPhone 4S, it was for 'iPhone 4s(plural)'  . It should have been obvious when both links mentioned the same '600,000 preorders' number.

wingrider01 wrote:

yozhbk wrote:

1. Apple

2. ATT

3. Sprint

4. Verizon

1. Apple

2. ATT

I'm sorry I had to register to point out the gaping whole in your rediculous argument. You posted a link to two articles and claimed the second was about iPhone 4S sales. Did you look at the post date? It was posted on 06/16/2010. It wasn't for the iPhone 4S, it was for 'iPhone 4s(plural)'  . It should have been obvious when both links mentioned the same '600,000 preorders' number.

115 of 124 (416 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2011 3:52:44 PM
(0)
Guru

hpsb wrote:

dww0311 wrote:

hpsb wrote:

Smiley Happy

By that logic you could argue that they should be giving iPhone4s' out to everyone that wants them.  After all, the $3660 that they will get from your contract should far outweigh the cost of the phones, right?

Yes, last year they let some people who wanted iPhone 4's who didn't have an upgrade quite yet go ahead an upgrade with the fully discounted price early.  However there were also a lot of people who were quite happy to get the iPhone4 for less than full retail, even if they weren't getting the lowest price.

hpsb wrote:

dww0311 wrote:

hpsb wrote:

Smiley Happy

By that logic you could argue that they should be giving iPhone4s' out to everyone that wants them.  After all, the $3660 that they will get from your contract should far outweigh the cost of the phones, right?

Yes, last year they let some people who wanted iPhone 4's who didn't have an upgrade quite yet go ahead an upgrade with the fully discounted price early.  However there were also a lot of people who were quite happy to get the iPhone4 for less than full retail, even if they weren't getting the lowest price.

116 of 124 (383 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2011 4:00:30 PM
(0)
Guru

And as to sales being bad, AT&T is calling this launch "the most successful iPhone launch we've ever had".  And that is just off of pre-sales.  Last year Apple reported selling 1.7 million iPhone 4 units by the end of the third day after they were released for retail sale.  In roughly a week I guess we'll see how this year stacks up.  Though with AT&T alone selling 200,000 presales in the first 12 hours, as opposed to the 600,000 iPhone 4 being presold during the entire presale period last year, I'd be surprised if the iPhone 4S doesn't blow that record away.

And as to sales being bad, AT&T is calling this launch "the most successful iPhone launch we've ever had".  And that is just off of pre-sales.  Last year Apple reported selling 1.7 million iPhone 4 units by the end of the third day after they were released for retail sale.  In roughly a week I guess we'll see how this year stacks up.  Though with AT&T alone selling 200,000 presales in the first 12 hours, as opposed to the 600,000 iPhone 4 being presold during the entire presale period last year, I'd be surprised if the iPhone 4S doesn't blow that record away.

117 of 124 (376 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2011 3:40:38 AM
(0)
Expert

hpsb wrote:

dww0311 wrote:

Smiley Happy

Not going to happen - so don;t get you hopes up for a fire sale on iphone 4S's

hpsb wrote:

dww0311 wrote:

Smiley Happy

Not going to happen - so don;t get you hopes up for a fire sale on iphone 4S's

118 of 124 (331 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2011 4:06:42 AM
(0)
Expert

eddyisgreat wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

yozhbk wrote:

1. Apple

2. ATT

3. Sprint

4. Verizon

1. Apple

2. ATT

thanks, missed the date on the second link, have since did a lot more searching on the net for the 4S numbers, funny thing is - no one has put out a total number preo-ordered for all carriers on the net yet, the only number I could find is the 200K that ATT alone generated, last year on the release of the 4, the first day's pre-order numbers where plastered all over the net as soon as the clock rolled to the next day. Wonder why they where not done this year.....

eddyisgreat wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

yozhbk wrote:

1. Apple

2. ATT

3. Sprint

4. Verizon

1. Apple

2. ATT

thanks, missed the date on the second link, have since did a lot more searching on the net for the 4S numbers, funny thing is - no one has put out a total number preo-ordered for all carriers on the net yet, the only number I could find is the 200K that ATT alone generated, last year on the release of the 4, the first day's pre-order numbers where plastered all over the net as soon as the clock rolled to the next day. Wonder why they where not done this year.....

119 of 124 (325 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2011 6:03:47 AM
(0)
Scholar
If this is like lats time will be waiting 1-2 weeks delivery for months to come. I was going to switch to Sprint and actually few people did that I know, due to the way ATT handled this. I`m actually still considering going to Sprint, it cant work worst then ATT in the NYC
If this is like lats time will be waiting 1-2 weeks delivery for months to come. I was going to switch to Sprint and actually few people did that I know, due to the way ATT handled this. I`m actually still considering going to Sprint, it cant work worst then ATT in the NYC

120 of 124 (310 Views)