So thats it, its official ATT doesnt care

Teacher

Re: So that's it, its official ATT doesn't care

archermoo wrote:
I just recommend looking into the matter before switching because you're upset.

Well, let me just say this - if I was upset, I would pay ATT their ETF and be done with it.

I am not upset - at least the way I see it - I am more perplexed and dissappointed with the varied treatment (read my original post again). This is different from being upset (upset implies anger, in my dictionary)

Let's not caricature/characaterize anyone's feelings without first understanding where one is coming from?

Message 31 of 124 (588 Views)
Scholar

The behavior from ATT side while might comply with contract, does not show customer satisfaction in mind, just pure profit. If you tell the customer you can leave and pay 175$ or stay and pay extra for $250 (doesnt matter if 1 month I dont have to pay any of that) that shows no customer satisfaction in mind, how hard is it to pull back 1.5 months ? But having so many unsatisfied people, who are already upset about the network.... Just doesnt make sense to me, thats why the title ATT DOESNT CARE, plain and simple they dont....
Message 32 of 124 (579 Views)
Teacher

Re: So thats it, its official ATT doesnt care

jamileh wrote:

Why don't you send me a private message with your name, account info, phone number and the best time to contact you. I'll ask our team to review your account and give you a call to go over your status with you. 

Thanks ! Done (check ur inbox) ...

Message 33 of 124 (565 Views)
Former Community Manager

Got it, thanks! Smiley Very Happy

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 34 of 124 (556 Views)
Scholar

Now wait for a reply where they going to explain to you what you already know.....
Message 35 of 124 (555 Views)
Tutor

It really is impossible to time your upgrade eligibility with your contract.  I've never been held to the 24 months for an upgrade by AT&T. I bought my iPhone 3GS on Jan. 1, 2010 when I was a few months past my eligibility for an upgrade date. If I remember correctly, that wasn't 24 months.  I would have preferred to wait until June 2010 when the new iPhone 4 came out but my dog got a hold of my Tilt so I had to get a new phone.  Sure, I felt bad when the iPhone 4 came out and I wasn't eligible for an upgrade but I wasn't going to spend full price for that phone.  I know we all sign two year contracts but I had no idea that the eligibility for an upgrade time frame varies from customer to customer.  From the time I bought my 3GS, my next upgrade eligibility date has Sept. 18, 2011.  I know this isn't  24 months. I don't understand how you had one date and all of a sudden AT&T moved it two months off.  Maybe they are trying to spread out the dates to accomodate the inventory and crush for the new iPhone 4S. Honestly, why is it such an issue to wait until November?  I know it's the principle of the matter for you as far as customers being treated differently.  I'm eligible right now but I'm going to wait a bit.  I want to know if there are any issues with the phone before I buy one and am stuck.  Now that AT&T charges that $30 restocking fee if you return a phone within 30 days I'll wait.  Since I'll be out of contract on January 1, 2012, I'll be free to switch carriers as well.  I've always been happy with AT&T but I miss the unlimited data.  I stupidly gave that up earlier this year because I was always on wifi but now I wish I didn't.  Sprints unlimited data plan is very attractive to me.  Try not to be too upset over all this. 

Message 36 of 124 (543 Views)
Teacher

Cathco9 wrote:

I've always been happy with AT&T but I miss the unlimited data.  I stupidly gave that up earlier this year because I was always on wifi but now I wish I didn't

I had a similar experice - while travellingon vacation  - I once used up all the 2GB and went over - I think it was by a 200KB. I got charged extra $10 that month. But - it is what it is. All big carriers are probably planning ahead for rapid increase in data usage demands due to 4G and more TV/VOD content likely to be available in the coming months.

Message 37 of 124 (537 Views)
Teacher

yozhbk wrote:
Now wait for a reply where they going to explain to you what you already know.....

You were absolutely right. I did speak and there is no change in my case. I am told it is what it is.

Message 38 of 124 (525 Views)
Teacher

jamileh wrote:

Got it, thanks! Smiley Very Happy

Thanks - did not get anywehere - but at least you tried.

Message 39 of 124 (524 Views)
Teacher

jamileh wrote:

hpsb - Is that line a secondary line on a family plan? If so, that's why the date is in February. If not and this is an unexpected change in eligibility date let me know and we'll get you together with someone to review your account. 

That is not true. In my case it was possible for it not to be a family plan, be the earliest adopter of IP4 and still not have a date in Nov (it is Feb 2012) - apparently me and my wife have not spent enough money with ATT yet. Smiley Happy

Message 40 of 124 (516 Views)
Scholar

yozhbk wrote:
If you tell the customer you can leave and pay 175$ or stay and pay extra for $250 (doesnt matter if 1 month I dont have to pay any of that) that shows no customer satisfaction in mind, how hard is it to pull back 1.5 months ? Just doesnt make sense to me, thats why the title ATT DOESNT CARE, plain and simple they dont....

That part makes absolutely no sense, I agree, There's no reason why ETF should be lower than the early upgrade fee. I like the system in previous years better.

No of months since contract sign-up:

less than 12 mos: full price

12 mos to less than 24 mos (usually earlier, around 20~22 mos): fully discounted price + $100

24 mos (usually earlier, around 20~22 mos): fully discounted price

Message 41 of 124 (446 Views)
Scholar

I don't want to get into what happened last night, so I'll be as brief as possible.

Call AT&T and ask the sales rep (as nicely as possible) why you are not eligible for the discounted pricing. If you are not satisfied with their answer, ask to speak to a supervisor and ask them (as nicely as possible) the same questions. If you are not satisfied with that, go into a store and speak with a rep/store manager/district manager/all the way up the food chain. Your insistence on ranting here, while amusing, is futile.

If you really want answers or results, you are going to have to speak to someone who can actually make the change for you. No one here can move your upgrade date up, forward or anywhere because we are all customers like you. Get on the phone or go into a store and talk to someone behind a computer. But again, if you go in with the attitude that "AT&T doesn't care, they are greedy, they hate their customers, etc." you are not going to get anywhere. You have to make them want to help you, give them a reason. Any reason. You might just find a lady that likes the way you look or smell or walk or you might find a guy that can relate to you, maybe he went through the same thing once. Whatever it is, just do something besides ranting.

Message 42 of 124 (440 Views)
Teacher

"Whatever it is, just do something besides ranting."

Been there done that. ATT is firm on iPhone - any other phone - adjustments can be made. When it comes to the iPhone - no matter what you say or who you say it to - max is an open ticket pending with ATT. Find me one person - just one - who adopted your route and got anywhere with an iPhone 4S

My way is to speak up publicly - let your displeasure be known - and then - wait for this - LEAVE ATT for good.

My USD 1700 per year (for two lines) is almost certainly be going to a different provider.

ATT has all the right to be FIRM with regard to iPhone products - while EVERY CONSUMER also has the right right to be FIRM with regard where their hard earned money goes. It works both ways, contract or not.

Message 43 of 124 (433 Views)

hpsb wrote:

"Whatever it is, just do something besides ranting."

Been there done that. ATT is firm on iPhone - any other phone - adjustments can be made. When it comes to the iPhone - no matter what you say or who you say it to - max is an open ticket pending with ATT. Find me one person - just one - who adopted your route and got anywhere with an iPhone 4S

My way is to speak up publicly - let your displeasure be known - and then - wait for this - LEAVE ATT for good.

My USD 1700 per year (for two lines) is almost certainly be going to a different provider.

ATT has all the right to be FIRM with regard to iPhone products - while EVERY CONSUMER also has the right right to be FIRM with regard where their hard earned money goes. It works both ways, contract or not.

And so my question remains.  For whom will you leave AT&T?  Is there another company who can provide you with service for an iPhone and whose policies on purchasing phones with subsidized prices are more to your liking?  

Message 44 of 124 (430 Views)
Scholar

[ Edited ]

archermoo wrote:

And so my question remains.  For whom will you leave AT&T?  Is there another company who can provide you with service for an iPhone and whose policies on purchasing phones with subsidized prices are more to your liking?  

I wonder the same thing. AT&T has made their stance clear. Like it or leave. I have no problems with anyone coming here to rant. But if they haven't taken the time to talk to reps and at least given the reps the opportunity to sympatize with them, I don't see how they can be so upset. If people have exhausted all the options and run their complaints up the proper flag poles, then their only option is to leave.

hpsb wrote:

But understand, if there were a carrier out there that was head and shoulders above the rest in terms of customer service and perks that they give the customer, don't you think they would be shouting their own praises from the rooftops? Every forum I have every been on has basically the same type of complaints by the same type of customers.

Bottom line, we pay for the cell and data coverage we receive from these companies. Granted, the phones that each company offers are nice, but a tricked out phone is useless with no signal. So in reality, we are all with AT&T because of the service they provide in our area. If you have a better provider that provides a better service for a better price that you are not using, I really don't know how you were able to navigate to this site in the first place. I joke, only because this is such a simple thing that is driving people bonkers.

If you're just here to rant, the floor is yours for as long as you want it my friend. I'm not going to stop you and I couldn't even if I wanted to. What I would like to see is people doing what they say they will. If you are fed up, leave. It's as simple as that. I know 1700 a year seems like a lot to you. Heck, it's a lot to me. But in the big scheme of things, in AT&T money, you're a minnow in the ocean on this one.

Message 45 of 124 (418 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.