Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 7, 2011
7:11:10 AM
View profile
So thats it, its official ATT doesnt care

No upgrade pricing was given to loyal customers, while some people on same plans are getting the upgrade pricing, I confirmed with 3 people on same plan as me with same date as me getting it at the right price, while I was greeted with upgrade available and a 11/22 date... ATT this is not right and as many times as I said it before I feel cheated and betrayed I dont care what ATT followers are saying here. 

We got cheated !!!! I would of been ok with atleast 1normal upgrade on primary line and a early upgrade $250 fee for the other, but no Greed took over ATT and they said good bye to me. Well Good bye to you.......

No upgrade pricing was given to loyal customers, while some people on same plans are getting the upgrade pricing, I confirmed with 3 people on same plan as me with same date as me getting it at the right price, while I was greeted with upgrade available and a 11/22 date... ATT this is not right and as many times as I said it before I feel cheated and betrayed I dont care what ATT followers are saying here. 

We got cheated !!!! I would of been ok with atleast 1normal upgrade on primary line and a early upgrade $250 fee for the other, but no Greed took over ATT and they said good bye to me. Well Good bye to you.......

So thats it, its official ATT doesnt care

123 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(123)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2011 10:08:11 AM
(0)
Teacher

archermoo wrote:
I just recommend looking into the matter before switching because you're upset.

Well, let me just say this - if I was upset, I would pay ATT their ETF and be done with it.

I am not upset - at least the way I see it - I am more perplexed and dissappointed with the varied treatment (read my original post again). This is different from being upset (upset implies anger, in my dictionary)

Let's not caricature/characaterize anyone's feelings without first understanding where one is coming from?

archermoo wrote:
I just recommend looking into the matter before switching because you're upset.

Well, let me just say this - if I was upset, I would pay ATT their ETF and be done with it.

I am not upset - at least the way I see it - I am more perplexed and dissappointed with the varied treatment (read my original post again). This is different from being upset (upset implies anger, in my dictionary)

Let's not caricature/characaterize anyone's feelings without first understanding where one is coming from?

Re: So that's it, its official ATT doesn't care

31 of 124 (496 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2011 10:24:17 AM
(0)
Scholar
The behavior from ATT side while might comply with contract, does not show customer satisfaction in mind, just pure profit. If you tell the customer you can leave and pay 175$ or stay and pay extra for $250 (doesnt matter if 1 month I dont have to pay any of that) that shows no customer satisfaction in mind, how hard is it to pull back 1.5 months ? But having so many unsatisfied people, who are already upset about the network.... Just doesnt make sense to me, thats why the title ATT DOESNT CARE, plain and simple they dont....
The behavior from ATT side while might comply with contract, does not show customer satisfaction in mind, just pure profit. If you tell the customer you can leave and pay 175$ or stay and pay extra for $250 (doesnt matter if 1 month I dont have to pay any of that) that shows no customer satisfaction in mind, how hard is it to pull back 1.5 months ? But having so many unsatisfied people, who are already upset about the network.... Just doesnt make sense to me, thats why the title ATT DOESNT CARE, plain and simple they dont....

32 of 124 (487 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2011 10:42:27 AM
(0)
Teacher

jamileh wrote:

Why don't you send me a private message with your name, account info, phone number and the best time to contact you. I'll ask our team to review your account and give you a call to go over your status with you. 

Thanks ! Done (check ur inbox) ...

jamileh wrote:

Why don't you send me a private message with your name, account info, phone number and the best time to contact you. I'll ask our team to review your account and give you a call to go over your status with you. 

Thanks ! Done (check ur inbox) ...

Re: So thats it, its official ATT doesnt care

33 of 124 (473 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2011 10:57:37 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

Got it, thanks! Smiley Very Happy

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

34 of 124 (464 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2011 10:59:13 AM
(0)
Scholar
Now wait for a reply where they going to explain to you what you already know.....
Now wait for a reply where they going to explain to you what you already know.....

35 of 124 (463 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2011 11:23:03 AM
(0)
Tutor

It really is impossible to time your upgrade eligibility with your contract.  I've never been held to the 24 months for an upgrade by AT&T. I bought my iPhone 3GS on Jan. 1, 2010 when I was a few months past my eligibility for an upgrade date. If I remember correctly, that wasn't 24 months.  I would have preferred to wait until June 2010 when the new iPhone 4 came out but my dog got a hold of my Tilt so I had to get a new phone.  Sure, I felt bad when the iPhone 4 came out and I wasn't eligible for an upgrade but I wasn't going to spend full price for that phone.  I know we all sign two year contracts but I had no idea that the eligibility for an upgrade time frame varies from customer to customer.  From the time I bought my 3GS, my next upgrade eligibility date has Sept. 18, 2011.  I know this isn't  24 months. I don't understand how you had one date and all of a sudden AT&T moved it two months off.  Maybe they are trying to spread out the dates to accomodate the inventory and crush for the new iPhone 4S. Honestly, why is it such an issue to wait until November?  I know it's the principle of the matter for you as far as customers being treated differently.  I'm eligible right now but I'm going to wait a bit.  I want to know if there are any issues with the phone before I buy one and am stuck.  Now that AT&T charges that $30 restocking fee if you return a phone within 30 days I'll wait.  Since I'll be out of contract on January 1, 2012, I'll be free to switch carriers as well.  I've always been happy with AT&T but I miss the unlimited data.  I stupidly gave that up earlier this year because I was always on wifi but now I wish I didn't.  Sprints unlimited data plan is very attractive to me.  Try not to be too upset over all this. 

It really is impossible to time your upgrade eligibility with your contract.  I've never been held to the 24 months for an upgrade by AT&T. I bought my iPhone 3GS on Jan. 1, 2010 when I was a few months past my eligibility for an upgrade date. If I remember correctly, that wasn't 24 months.  I would have preferred to wait until June 2010 when the new iPhone 4 came out but my dog got a hold of my Tilt so I had to get a new phone.  Sure, I felt bad when the iPhone 4 came out and I wasn't eligible for an upgrade but I wasn't going to spend full price for that phone.  I know we all sign two year contracts but I had no idea that the eligibility for an upgrade time frame varies from customer to customer.  From the time I bought my 3GS, my next upgrade eligibility date has Sept. 18, 2011.  I know this isn't  24 months. I don't understand how you had one date and all of a sudden AT&T moved it two months off.  Maybe they are trying to spread out the dates to accomodate the inventory and crush for the new iPhone 4S. Honestly, why is it such an issue to wait until November?  I know it's the principle of the matter for you as far as customers being treated differently.  I'm eligible right now but I'm going to wait a bit.  I want to know if there are any issues with the phone before I buy one and am stuck.  Now that AT&T charges that $30 restocking fee if you return a phone within 30 days I'll wait.  Since I'll be out of contract on January 1, 2012, I'll be free to switch carriers as well.  I've always been happy with AT&T but I miss the unlimited data.  I stupidly gave that up earlier this year because I was always on wifi but now I wish I didn't.  Sprints unlimited data plan is very attractive to me.  Try not to be too upset over all this. 

36 of 124 (451 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2011 11:38:28 AM
(0)
Teacher

Cathco9 wrote:

I've always been happy with AT&T but I miss the unlimited data.  I stupidly gave that up earlier this year because I was always on wifi but now I wish I didn't

I had a similar experice - while travellingon vacation  - I once used up all the 2GB and went over - I think it was by a 200KB. I got charged extra $10 that month. But - it is what it is. All big carriers are probably planning ahead for rapid increase in data usage demands due to 4G and more TV/VOD content likely to be available in the coming months.

Cathco9 wrote:

I've always been happy with AT&T but I miss the unlimited data.  I stupidly gave that up earlier this year because I was always on wifi but now I wish I didn't

I had a similar experice - while travellingon vacation  - I once used up all the 2GB and went over - I think it was by a 200KB. I got charged extra $10 that month. But - it is what it is. All big carriers are probably planning ahead for rapid increase in data usage demands due to 4G and more TV/VOD content likely to be available in the coming months.

37 of 124 (445 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2011 12:04:04 PM
(0)
Teacher

yozhbk wrote:

You were absolutely right. I did speak and there is no change in my case. I am told it is what it is.

yozhbk wrote:

You were absolutely right. I did speak and there is no change in my case. I am told it is what it is.

38 of 124 (433 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2011 12:04:50 PM
(0)
Teacher

jamileh wrote:

Thanks - did not get anywehere - but at least you tried.

jamileh wrote:

Thanks - did not get anywehere - but at least you tried.

39 of 124 (432 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2011 12:10:57 PM
(0)
Teacher

jamileh wrote:

hpsb - Is that line a secondary line on a family plan? If so, that's why the date is in February. If not and this is an unexpected change in eligibility date let me know and we'll get you together with someone to review your account. 

That is not true. In my case it was possible for it not to be a family plan, be the earliest adopter of IP4 and still not have a date in Nov (it is Feb 2012) - apparently me and my wife have not spent enough money with ATT yet. Smiley Happy

jamileh wrote:

hpsb - Is that line a secondary line on a family plan? If so, that's why the date is in February. If not and this is an unexpected change in eligibility date let me know and we'll get you together with someone to review your account. 

That is not true. In my case it was possible for it not to be a family plan, be the earliest adopter of IP4 and still not have a date in Nov (it is Feb 2012) - apparently me and my wife have not spent enough money with ATT yet. Smiley Happy

40 of 124 (424 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2011 12:22:22 PM
(0)
Scholar

yozhbk wrote:
If you tell the customer you can leave and pay 175$ or stay and pay extra for $250 (doesnt matter if 1 month I dont have to pay any of that) that shows no customer satisfaction in mind, how hard is it to pull back 1.5 months ? Just doesnt make sense to me, thats why the title ATT DOESNT CARE, plain and simple they dont....

That part makes absolutely no sense, I agree, There's no reason why ETF should be lower than the early upgrade fee. I like the system in previous years better.

No of months since contract sign-up:

less than 12 mos: full price

12 mos to less than 24 mos (usually earlier, around 20~22 mos): fully discounted price + $100

24 mos (usually earlier, around 20~22 mos): fully discounted price

yozhbk wrote:
If you tell the customer you can leave and pay 175$ or stay and pay extra for $250 (doesnt matter if 1 month I dont have to pay any of that) that shows no customer satisfaction in mind, how hard is it to pull back 1.5 months ? Just doesnt make sense to me, thats why the title ATT DOESNT CARE, plain and simple they dont....

That part makes absolutely no sense, I agree, There's no reason why ETF should be lower than the early upgrade fee. I like the system in previous years better.

No of months since contract sign-up:

less than 12 mos: full price

12 mos to less than 24 mos (usually earlier, around 20~22 mos): fully discounted price + $100

24 mos (usually earlier, around 20~22 mos): fully discounted price

41 of 124 (354 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2011 12:31:05 PM
(0)
Scholar

I don't want to get into what happened last night, so I'll be as brief as possible.

Call AT&T and ask the sales rep (as nicely as possible) why you are not eligible for the discounted pricing. If you are not satisfied with their answer, ask to speak to a supervisor and ask them (as nicely as possible) the same questions. If you are not satisfied with that, go into a store and speak with a rep/store manager/district manager/all the way up the food chain. Your insistence on ranting here, while amusing, is futile.

If you really want answers or results, you are going to have to speak to someone who can actually make the change for you. No one here can move your upgrade date up, forward or anywhere because we are all customers like you. Get on the phone or go into a store and talk to someone behind a computer. But again, if you go in with the attitude that "AT&T doesn't care, they are greedy, they hate their customers, etc." you are not going to get anywhere. You have to make them want to help you, give them a reason. Any reason. You might just find a lady that likes the way you look or smell or walk or you might find a guy that can relate to you, maybe he went through the same thing once. Whatever it is, just do something besides ranting.

I don't want to get into what happened last night, so I'll be as brief as possible.

Call AT&T and ask the sales rep (as nicely as possible) why you are not eligible for the discounted pricing. If you are not satisfied with their answer, ask to speak to a supervisor and ask them (as nicely as possible) the same questions. If you are not satisfied with that, go into a store and speak with a rep/store manager/district manager/all the way up the food chain. Your insistence on ranting here, while amusing, is futile.

If you really want answers or results, you are going to have to speak to someone who can actually make the change for you. No one here can move your upgrade date up, forward or anywhere because we are all customers like you. Get on the phone or go into a store and talk to someone behind a computer. But again, if you go in with the attitude that "AT&T doesn't care, they are greedy, they hate their customers, etc." you are not going to get anywhere. You have to make them want to help you, give them a reason. Any reason. You might just find a lady that likes the way you look or smell or walk or you might find a guy that can relate to you, maybe he went through the same thing once. Whatever it is, just do something besides ranting.

42 of 124 (348 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2011 12:45:31 PM
(0)
Teacher

"Whatever it is, just do something besides ranting."

Been there done that. ATT is firm on iPhone - any other phone - adjustments can be made. When it comes to the iPhone - no matter what you say or who you say it to - max is an open ticket pending with ATT. Find me one person - just one - who adopted your route and got anywhere with an iPhone 4S

My way is to speak up publicly - let your displeasure be known - and then - wait for this - LEAVE ATT for good.

My USD 1700 per year (for two lines) is almost certainly be going to a different provider.

ATT has all the right to be FIRM with regard to iPhone products - while EVERY CONSUMER also has the right right to be FIRM with regard where their hard earned money goes. It works both ways, contract or not.

Been there done that. ATT is firm on iPhone - any other phone - adjustments can be made. When it comes to the iPhone - no matter what you say or who you say it to - max is an open ticket pending with ATT. Find me one person - just one - who adopted your route and got anywhere with an iPhone 4S

My way is to speak up publicly - let your displeasure be known - and then - wait for this - LEAVE ATT for good.

My USD 1700 per year (for two lines) is almost certainly be going to a different provider.

ATT has all the right to be FIRM with regard to iPhone products - while EVERY CONSUMER also has the right right to be FIRM with regard where their hard earned money goes. It works both ways, contract or not.

43 of 124 (341 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2011 12:51:30 PM
(0)
Guru

hpsb wrote:

And so my question remains.  For whom will you leave AT&T?  Is there another company who can provide you with service for an iPhone and whose policies on purchasing phones with subsidized prices are more to your liking?  

hpsb wrote:

And so my question remains.  For whom will you leave AT&T?  Is there another company who can provide you with service for an iPhone and whose policies on purchasing phones with subsidized prices are more to your liking?  

44 of 124 (338 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2011 1:03:28 PM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by browski on Oct 7, 2011 at 1:05:54 PM

archermoo wrote:

I wonder the same thing. AT&T has made their stance clear. Like it or leave. I have no problems with anyone coming here to rant. But if they haven't taken the time to talk to reps and at least given the reps the opportunity to sympatize with them, I don't see how they can be so upset. If people have exhausted all the options and run their complaints up the proper flag poles, then their only option is to leave.

hpsb wrote:

But understand, if there were a carrier out there that was head and shoulders above the rest in terms of customer service and perks that they give the customer, don't you think they would be shouting their own praises from the rooftops? Every forum I have every been on has basically the same type of complaints by the same type of customers.

Bottom line, we pay for the cell and data coverage we receive from these companies. Granted, the phones that each company offers are nice, but a tricked out phone is useless with no signal. So in reality, we are all with AT&T because of the service they provide in our area. If you have a better provider that provides a better service for a better price that you are not using, I really don't know how you were able to navigate to this site in the first place. I joke, only because this is such a simple thing that is driving people bonkers.

If you're just here to rant, the floor is yours for as long as you want it my friend. I'm not going to stop you and I couldn't even if I wanted to. What I would like to see is people doing what they say they will. If you are fed up, leave. It's as simple as that. I know 1700 a year seems like a lot to you. Heck, it's a lot to me. But in the big scheme of things, in AT&T money, you're a minnow in the ocean on this one.

archermoo wrote:

I wonder the same thing. AT&T has made their stance clear. Like it or leave. I have no problems with anyone coming here to rant. But if they haven't taken the time to talk to reps and at least given the reps the opportunity to sympatize with them, I don't see how they can be so upset. If people have exhausted all the options and run their complaints up the proper flag poles, then their only option is to leave.

hpsb wrote:

But understand, if there were a carrier out there that was head and shoulders above the rest in terms of customer service and perks that they give the customer, don't you think they would be shouting their own praises from the rooftops? Every forum I have every been on has basically the same type of complaints by the same type of customers.

Bottom line, we pay for the cell and data coverage we receive from these companies. Granted, the phones that each company offers are nice, but a tricked out phone is useless with no signal. So in reality, we are all with AT&T because of the service they provide in our area. If you have a better provider that provides a better service for a better price that you are not using, I really don't know how you were able to navigate to this site in the first place. I joke, only because this is such a simple thing that is driving people bonkers.

If you're just here to rant, the floor is yours for as long as you want it my friend. I'm not going to stop you and I couldn't even if I wanted to. What I would like to see is people doing what they say they will. If you are fed up, leave. It's as simple as that. I know 1700 a year seems like a lot to you. Heck, it's a lot to me. But in the big scheme of things, in AT&T money, you're a minnow in the ocean on this one.

[ Edited ]
45 of 124 (326 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2011 1:07:47 PM
(0)
Teacher

archermoo wrote:

And here are your answers - all the same- 

Q) For whom will you leave AT&T

Answer - - Sprint?

Q) Is there another company who can provide you with service for an iPhone and whose policies on purchasing phones with subsidized prices are more to your liking

Answer - - Sprint appears to be the at least the same as ATT. It does not hurt me to move there. I am sure they allow their customer to make phone calls the same as AT does Smiley Happy.

Oh I will get my new iPhone(s) and the service to go along with it in the near future! Just not looking likely with ATT though.

archermoo wrote:

Answer - - Sprint?

Q) Is there another company who can provide you with service for an iPhone and whose policies on purchasing phones with subsidized prices are more to your liking

Answer - - Sprint appears to be the at least the same as ATT. It does not hurt me to move there. I am sure they allow their customer to make phone calls the same as AT does Smiley Happy.

Oh I will get my new iPhone(s) and the service to go along with it in the near future! Just not looking likely with ATT though.

Re: So that's it, its official ATT doesnt care

46 of 124 (318 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2011 1:10:56 PM
(0)
Scholar

hpsb wrote:

Answer - - Sprint?

I'm not going to lie, if Sprint had the coverage that AT&T has in the areas that I travel, I would go with them too. But where I am, it's way too spotty to even try it. Plus, they offer truly unlimited plans, at least for now.

I don't blame you man. If you don't get the service you desire and you feel like another company can serve you better, your power is in the wallet. Best of luck to you!

hpsb wrote:

Answer - - Sprint?

I'm not going to lie, if Sprint had the coverage that AT&T has in the areas that I travel, I would go with them too. But where I am, it's way too spotty to even try it. Plus, they offer truly unlimited plans, at least for now.

I don't blame you man. If you don't get the service you desire and you feel like another company can serve you better, your power is in the wallet. Best of luck to you!

47 of 124 (314 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2011 1:11:05 PM
(0)
Scholar

browski wrote:

I've found T-Mobile to generally have excellent customer service and very reasonable rates, not to mention a variety of plan options (e.g. discounted service if you bring your own device, etc). Unfortunately, they are lacking with regards to cell and data coverage. For example, there's no cell signal for T-Mobile in my office. I have to go outside the building if I want to use my cellphone. I might be able to receive text messages inside my office on occasion but that's it.

browski wrote:

I've found T-Mobile to generally have excellent customer service and very reasonable rates, not to mention a variety of plan options (e.g. discounted service if you bring your own device, etc). Unfortunately, they are lacking with regards to cell and data coverage. For example, there's no cell signal for T-Mobile in my office. I have to go outside the building if I want to use my cellphone. I might be able to receive text messages inside my office on occasion but that's it.

48 of 124 (313 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2011 1:16:00 PM
(0)
Guru

hpsb wrote:

archermoo wrote:

Answer - - Sprint?

Well, if by "hurt" you mean "cause physical pain/injury" then no.  But changing carriers is not a painless process.  Doing so will require both time and effort on your part, particularly if you want to keep your existing numbers.

Regardless, if you decide to go with Sprint, best of luck!

hpsb wrote:

archermoo wrote:

Answer - - Sprint?

Well, if by "hurt" you mean "cause physical pain/injury" then no.  But changing carriers is not a painless process.  Doing so will require both time and effort on your part, particularly if you want to keep your existing numbers.

Regardless, if you decide to go with Sprint, best of luck!

49 of 124 (307 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2011 1:16:09 PM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by hpsb on Oct 7, 2011 at 1:17:29 PM

browski wrote:

If you're just here to rant, the floor is yours for as long as you want it my friend.

And I am not going to stop you from ranting about others' ranting my friend ... Smiley Happy

But in the big scheme of things, in AT&T money, you're a minnow in the ocean on this one.

Thank You ! You just made my point - all of us together are all minnows to ATT. I would love to hear that come from the mouth of CEO of ATT and APPLE! They come up with these policies - just because  ...(fill in your statement)...

Smiley Happy

browski wrote:

If you're just here to rant, the floor is yours for as long as you want it my friend.

And I am not going to stop you from ranting about others' ranting my friend ... Smiley Happy

But in the big scheme of things, in AT&T money, you're a minnow in the ocean on this one.

Thank You ! You just made my point - all of us together are all minnows to ATT. I would love to hear that come from the mouth of CEO of ATT and APPLE! They come up with these policies - just because  ...(fill in your statement)...

Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
50 of 124 (306 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2011 1:16:13 PM
(0)
Scholar

hnzw_rui wrote:

Very true. I was with T-mobile before I moved to my current location in east bumble. There cell/data service was great and their customer service reps were actually helpful. Unfortunately, I'm stuck with AT&T or Verizon. I have had no problems that AT&T has not fixed to my liking. That's why I have very little to say bad about them. Yes, they make mistakes and boneheaded decisions, but other big carriers soon follow suit, so that tells me it is good for business.

I hope everyone who is having trouble gets the help they are looking for. But I've seen a number of people who are looking for help that AT&T cannot, should not and could not provide. If they were to do what some are asking, it would spell financial disaster.

hnzw_rui wrote:

Very true. I was with T-mobile before I moved to my current location in east bumble. There cell/data service was great and their customer service reps were actually helpful. Unfortunately, I'm stuck with AT&T or Verizon. I have had no problems that AT&T has not fixed to my liking. That's why I have very little to say bad about them. Yes, they make mistakes and boneheaded decisions, but other big carriers soon follow suit, so that tells me it is good for business.

I hope everyone who is having trouble gets the help they are looking for. But I've seen a number of people who are looking for help that AT&T cannot, should not and could not provide. If they were to do what some are asking, it would spell financial disaster.

51 of 124 (349 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2011 1:20:32 PM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by browski on Oct 7, 2011 at 1:21:11 PM

hpsb wrote:

Smiley Happy

haha Man, if that were to happen they would gain a ton of respect and lose a ton of revenue. After all, most of us are loyal, on-time paying minnows that love to beg for 2 more years of servitude just to have the latest gadgets.

hpsb wrote:

Smiley Happy

haha Man, if that were to happen they would gain a ton of respect and lose a ton of revenue. After all, most of us are loyal, on-time paying minnows that love to beg for 2 more years of servitude just to have the latest gadgets.

[ Edited ]
52 of 124 (344 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2011 1:40:00 PM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by hpsb on Oct 7, 2011 at 1:43:00 PM

browski wrote:

Smiley Happy

But seriously man, with Steve no longer available, APPLE (and to a lesser extent - ATT) have failed big time (IMO) in managing expectations (regardless of the "contracts") - I remember the last two times - Steve was at the helm then - and it is a such a stark contrast to where things are today.

http://www.bgr.com/2011/10/06/the-little-things/

Quote:

...but that’s just how serious it seemed Steve took things, even things as small as this. It’s apparent to anyone who knew even the littlest thing about Steve Jobs that the small details were often the most important details ...

browski wrote:

Smiley Happy

But seriously man, with Steve no longer available, APPLE (and to a lesser extent - ATT) have failed big time (IMO) in managing expectations (regardless of the "contracts") - I remember the last two times - Steve was at the helm then - and it is a such a stark contrast to where things are today.

http://www.bgr.com/2011/10/06/the-little-things/

Quote:

...but that’s just how serious it seemed Steve took things, even things as small as this. It’s apparent to anyone who knew even the littlest thing about Steve Jobs that the small details were often the most important details ...

[ Edited ]
53 of 124 (333 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2011 2:10:27 PM
(0)
Scholar

hpsb wrote:

Quote:

I have heard that about him on many occassions. I have no doubts that things are going to be much different now with him gone. The press conference on Tuesday was evidence enough of that. All of the live blogs I read repeatedly made the comment "insert Apple big-wig is certainly no Steve Jobs". I don't think the company's vision has changed, but without a personality and mind like Steve Jobs behind the scenes, the essence of the company has to be affected.

I'm not a stock holder (boy do I wish I was) so my relationship with Apple and AT&T extends as far as the phone in my pocket. With my specific situation, I'm not going to have the phone shipped to me because I can't be here to sign for it. I might luck out and the Fed Ex guy not get here until I am home from work, but it's not that big of a deal to me. I will call my local store next Friday and if they have the phone, I will get one. If not, my 3GS has gotten me through two-and-a-half years and it will probably get me to the next iPhone release.

I hate to see anyone treated unfairly, I'll be the first to say that. Many people might actually have a legitimate gripe with their individual experience. If so, I hope that AT&T makes it right and compensates them if the problem is that serious. It's clear to me from our short convo that you are certainly level headed enough to know when you have truly been treated unfairly. I hope you get some satisfaction, whether it be here with Ma Bell or with the folks over at Sprint.

hpsb wrote:

Quote:

I have heard that about him on many occassions. I have no doubts that things are going to be much different now with him gone. The press conference on Tuesday was evidence enough of that. All of the live blogs I read repeatedly made the comment "insert Apple big-wig is certainly no Steve Jobs". I don't think the company's vision has changed, but without a personality and mind like Steve Jobs behind the scenes, the essence of the company has to be affected.

I'm not a stock holder (boy do I wish I was) so my relationship with Apple and AT&T extends as far as the phone in my pocket. With my specific situation, I'm not going to have the phone shipped to me because I can't be here to sign for it. I might luck out and the Fed Ex guy not get here until I am home from work, but it's not that big of a deal to me. I will call my local store next Friday and if they have the phone, I will get one. If not, my 3GS has gotten me through two-and-a-half years and it will probably get me to the next iPhone release.

I hate to see anyone treated unfairly, I'll be the first to say that. Many people might actually have a legitimate gripe with their individual experience. If so, I hope that AT&T makes it right and compensates them if the problem is that serious. It's clear to me from our short convo that you are certainly level headed enough to know when you have truly been treated unfairly. I hope you get some satisfaction, whether it be here with Ma Bell or with the folks over at Sprint.

54 of 124 (319 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2011 2:27:03 PM
(0)
Teacher

browski wrote:

I will call my local store next Friday and if they have the phone, I will get one. If not, my 3GS has gotten me through two-and-a-half years and it will probably get me to the next iPhone release.

Oh I think you would be able to get the phone from the store without any problems.

The (overly prohibitive IMO) high upgrade fees will prevent the bulk of customers from upgrading.

No great rush this time around like last year.

browski wrote:

I will call my local store next Friday and if they have the phone, I will get one. If not, my 3GS has gotten me through two-and-a-half years and it will probably get me to the next iPhone release.

Oh I think you would be able to get the phone from the store without any problems.

The (overly prohibitive IMO) high upgrade fees will prevent the bulk of customers from upgrading.

55 of 124 (311 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2011 2:58:13 PM
(0)
Guru

hpsb wrote:

browski wrote:

I'm curious why you think this year would be any different than previous years.  After all this isn't the first year they've had the three tier pricing in effect.  It isn't the first year that customers with the current phone have had to choose whether they want to pay extra to upgrade right away or wait until they could get the best price.  So what do you see as being different?

hpsb wrote:

browski wrote:

I'm curious why you think this year would be any different than previous years.  After all this isn't the first year they've had the three tier pricing in effect.  It isn't the first year that customers with the current phone have had to choose whether they want to pay extra to upgrade right away or wait until they could get the best price.  So what do you see as being different?

56 of 124 (300 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2011 3:17:38 PM
(0)
Teacher

archermoo wrote

No problems - let me explain:

June 2010 - iPhone 4 lowest price (299) - no additional fee - only 1 year into contract

October 2011 - iPhone 4S, if purchased will cost additional $250 (on top of the $299) - get this - till Feb 2012 (not Nov 2011 - which would have been perfectly fine by me)

I think I see a difference - huge difference in expectations (not the contracts - that is an enforcing mechanism - and I intend to fulfil mine)

Most of the bee-line from the early IP4 adopters will certainly not be there ... hence - lessened demand than last time. Smiley Happy

archermoo wrote

June 2010 - iPhone 4 lowest price (299) - no additional fee - only 1 year into contract

October 2011 - iPhone 4S, if purchased will cost additional $250 (on top of the $299) - get this - till Feb 2012 (not Nov 2011 - which would have been perfectly fine by me)

I think I see a difference - huge difference in expectations (not the contracts - that is an enforcing mechanism - and I intend to fulfil mine)

Most of the bee-line from the early IP4 adopters will certainly not be there ... hence - lessened demand than last time. Smiley Happy

57 of 124 (295 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2011 3:24:45 PM
(0)
Guru

hpsb wrote:

archermoo wrote

You missed my point.  Yes, I understand the situation you are in.  But a lot of people were in that same situation last year with the iPhone 4, and it still flew off the shelves.  Of course, people made the same predictions last year.  That since the early 3GS adopters wouldn't be buying them the sales would be lower than they were for the 3GS.  Which as it turned out was incorrect.

hpsb wrote:

archermoo wrote

You missed my point.  Yes, I understand the situation you are in.  But a lot of people were in that same situation last year with the iPhone 4, and it still flew off the shelves.  Of course, people made the same predictions last year.  That since the early 3GS adopters wouldn't be buying them the sales would be lower than they were for the 3GS.  Which as it turned out was incorrect.

58 of 124 (291 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2011 3:32:58 PM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by hpsb on Oct 7, 2011 at 3:35:42 PM

archermoo wrote:

OK Let me add:

June 2009: Got 3GS when it first came out

June 2010: 3GS to IP4 early adopter (no additional fee) - assuming same situation for most (if not all) 3GS adopters - the IP4 flew off the shelves

Oct 2011: IP4 adopters who now wish to do the same as last year need to shell out $250 extra

So - 3GS to IP4 within 13 months - no fee (huge rush), but IP4 to IP4S within 17 months - extra $250. What exactly is your point - that it is the same situation as last year ? - It is most certainly not.

archermoo wrote:

OK Let me add:

June 2009: Got 3GS when it first came out

June 2010: 3GS to IP4 early adopter (no additional fee) - assuming same situation for most (if not all) 3GS adopters - the IP4 flew off the shelves

Oct 2011: IP4 adopters who now wish to do the same as last year need to shell out $250 extra

So - 3GS to IP4 within 13 months - no fee (huge rush), but IP4 to IP4S within 17 months - extra $250. What exactly is your point - that it is the same situation as last year ? - It is most certainly not.

[ Edited ]
59 of 124 (280 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2011 3:39:54 PM
(0)
Guru

So move to Sprint. Nobody's telling you to stay. But what happens when another model of iPhone comes out anywhere between July & October of next year, & Sprint tells you "no dice" when you say you want to upgrade to the latest & greatest iPhone? Will you then pay the ETF to move to Verizon? And then return to AT&T when the iPhone 5S comes out in mid-to-late 2013?

hpsb wrote:

archermoo wrote:

Answer - - Sprint?

So move to Sprint. Nobody's telling you to stay. But what happens when another model of iPhone comes out anywhere between July & October of next year, & Sprint tells you "no dice" when you say you want to upgrade to the latest & greatest iPhone? Will you then pay the ETF to move to Verizon? And then return to AT&T when the iPhone 5S comes out in mid-to-late 2013?

hpsb wrote:

archermoo wrote:

Answer - - Sprint?

60 of 124 (276 Views)