Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: So thats it, its official ATT doesnt care

Scholar

So thats it, its official ATT doesnt care

No upgrade pricing was given to loyal customers, while some people on same plans are getting the upgrade pricing, I confirmed with 3 people on same plan as me with same date as me getting it at the right price, while I was greeted with upgrade available and a 11/22 date... ATT this is not right and as many times as I said it before I feel cheated and betrayed I dont care what ATT followers are saying here. 

We got cheated !!!! I would of been ok with atleast 1normal upgrade on primary line and a early upgrade $250 fee for the other, but no Greed took over ATT and they said good bye to me. Well Good bye to you.......

Message 1 of 124
Scholar

@wingrider01 wrote:

they are playing the percentage on that - the iphone maybe the key to pull Sprint out of the cave-in disaster from the Nextel merger, especially if they hold to their statement about unlimited data (with a strict fair use policy) they are banking on the iphone fanatics to jump ship and go to the one company that still offeres unlimited data. To bad their actual coverage is poor in a lot of places.

suspect they will be around, esepcially if the ATT / T-Mobile merger follwos through, worse comes to worse teh goverment will bail them out with a loan like they did the car companies and the banks

I'm not sure they will be, but I could be wrong about that. Sprint only released the iPhone to existing customers, at least thus far. People who otherwise would have jumped over to Sprint for the unlimited data (which I don't think will survive either) are instead signing new contracts with AT&T or Verizon as we speak. Those folks will be locked into stiff 2 year contracts which will prevent them from subsequently going over to Sprint even if they wanted to.

If Sprint is to even survive, it can't do it by converting its existing subscriber base to iPhones. It has to pull in new customers, and a LOT of them, in order to underwrite not only the cost of buying all those phones, but also the cost of building out a new network, from the ground up, in 2 years. (Sprint is projecting to have it built by the end of 2013. To accomplish that, Sprint is going to have to borrow a truckload of money, and its balance sheet can't handle all that borrowing in its current condition.)

I think that 2 years ago, this might have saved them. As it is, it just feels like too little, too late. The patient is too diseased to be cured at this point, IMO.

Message 106 of 124
Highlighted
Scholar

@dww0311 wrote:

I'm not sure they will be, but I could be wrong about that. Sprint only released the iPhone to existing customers, at least thus far. People who otherwise would have jumped over to Sprint for the unlimited data (which I don't think will survive either) are instead signing new contracts with AT&T or Verizon as we speak. Those folks will be locked into stiff 2 year contracts which will prevent them from subsequently going over to Sprint even if they wanted to.

If Sprint is to even survive, it can't do it by converting its existing subscriber base to iPhones. It has to pull in new customers, and a LOT of them, in order to underwrite not only the cost of buying all those phones, but also the cost of building out a new network, from the ground up, in 2 years. (Sprint is projecting to have it built by the end of 2013. To accomplish that, Sprint is going to have to borrow a truckload of money, and its balance sheet can't handle all that borrowing in its current condition.)

I just tried getting a new iPhone from Sprint's website and they definitely allow new customers to get it. In fact, it seems they still have the iPhone 4S 32GB and 64GB models available for release date delivery.

Message 107 of 124
Scholar

@hnzw_rui wrote:
I just tried getting a new iPhone from Sprint's website and they definitely allow new customers to get it. In fact, it seems they still have the iPhone 4S 32GB and 64GB models available for release date delivery.

That is interesting. On the Apple site, only existing Sprint customers are being allowed to preorder online. New customers (for all three models) have to go to an Apple store to pick up their phones on a first come first served basis.

Message 108 of 124
Professor

@dww0311 wrote:

I am still amazed at what Sprint agreed to (committing to buy > 30 million iPhones over 4 years, whether it could sell them or not, and dumping WiMAX in favor of building out an expensive LTE network from the ground up).

I'll honestly be surprised if the company still exists in 10 years.

I give them less than five years, unless there is government intervention.  We'll see if Sprint's stock price turns around with the release of the iPhone on its network.

Message 109 of 124
Professor

Re: So that's it, its official ATT doesnt care

@21stNow wrote:

@graphite07 wrote:

not really it expries soon and not july 2012.

So, I take it that you didn't sign a two-year contract when you got the iPhone 4?

i did but my wife used my upgrade a long time ago. and i used hers,but  my line  has a upgrade on it from september of this year. i am not sure how it works out. but my wife used my upgrade a long time ago. but last year it said i could upgrade september 2011 i did not argue lol..
Message 110 of 124
Teacher

@dww0311 wrote:

@hpsb wrote:
Really ? - If my contract is extended - how would I be leaving early ? ATT still does not make any "extra" $250 off me in any case (unless I terminate my contract by paying ETF).

And how do you happen to know this as a matter of fact? Perhaps you are the CEO of ATT in disguise - trying to answer customers concerns ?

Smiley Happy

No, I just know how to read a contract and I can add & subtract.

What you are saying is that now, you want AT&T to write off the remainder of the subsidy it gave you on that IP4 you bought and which you haven't repaid. It has no incentive to do that. Why would it?

And you are not yet reading what I am saying : ATT is not getting any more than they are already getting from me. If I serve out my contract, I still make the same monthly payments regardless of the model of iPhone I have.

What you are saying amounts to this: ATT would rather protect $250 (or whatever is residual) fighting tooth and nail for it,  while at the same time they are OK with losing $3360( 2 voice and data plans for 2 yrs) which is what hey would LOSE when I switch out to Sprint.

In another thread you admitted that last time ATT conceded to protect their customer base from VZ. This time not only is VZ still there but there is another player on the block.

Message 111 of 124
Teacher

@dww0311 wrote:
By that time, it will have eased back down closer to normal and you'll probably be able to walk into a store and pick one up at your leisure.

LOL !!! By that time ATT would have a serious inventory surplus - they might offer you coupons and discounts....

Smiley Happy

Message 112 of 124
Scholar

@hpsb wrote:

And you are not yet reading what I am saying : ATT is not getting any more than they are already getting from me. If I serve out my contract, I still make the same monthly payments regardless of the model of iPhone I have.

What you are saying amounts to this: ATT would rather protect $250 (or whatever is residual) fighting tooth and nail for it,  while at the same time they are OK with losing $3360( 2 voice and data plans for 2 yrs) which is what hey would LOSE when I switch out to Sprint.

In another thread you admitted that last time ATT conceded to protect their customer base from VZ. This time not only is VZ still there but there is another player on the block.

LOL, good luck with that. Switch to Sprint and you'll eventually be coming back, either because their network sucks or because they went out of business and you have no other alternative.

Every time this comes around, we're inundated with people threatening to leave if they don't get what they want, and yet the numbers don't seem to budge much. It's a moot point. AT&T isn't going to give you the upgrade price. Preorder for launch day is largely done. If that motivates you to leave, well best of luck and don't let the door hit you in the behind.

Message 113 of 124
Professor

@dww0311 wrote:

@hpsb wrote:

LOL, good luck with that. Switch to Sprint and you'll eventually be coming back, either because their network sucks or because they went out of business and you have no other alternative.

Every time this comes around, we're inundated with people threatening to leave if they don't get what they want, and yet the numbers don't seem to budge much. It's a moot point. AT&T isn't going to give you the upgrade price. Preorder for launch day is largely done. If that motivates you to leave, well best of luck and don't let the door hit you in the behind.

everything i have read and heard about other cell  providers i will stick with AT&T! i never had any probllems with service or CS support. i had only 1 or two small problems with  a upgrade years ago  but i called CS support and  they fixed the problem. my service always works i have unlimited data so does my wife. i am eligible for a up grade now!  when some one says i am leaving AT&T  because i can not get early upgrade or discount price i am not waiting,you  signed the 2 year contract you agreed to the 20 months out of the 24 month contract. just pay the ETF and leave.  no sense in fussing about it  AT&T will not do anything for you unless your ELIGIBLE for a upgrade.

Message 114 of 124

@wingrider01 wrote:

@yozhbk wrote:
So with everyone saying 4S is not a big deal and demand wont be crazy ? The iPhones are sold out and the wait time is not 1-2 weeks.... I can only see whats it going to be once we all get to our date 11/22, Thanks a lot ATT!

Iphone 4 first day sales approx 1.5 million, apple said 1.7 million

http://news.cnet.com/8301-31021_3-20008852-260.html

Iphone 4S first day sales appeox 600,000

http://ismashphone.com/2010/06/600000-iphone-4s-preordered-10-x-higher-than-1st-day-3gs-sales.html

seems kind of meeh there considering there at 4 locations to obtain a Iphone 4S now

1. Apple

2. ATT

3. Sprint

4. Verizon

last year at release there where only 2 vendors

1. Apple

2. ATT

would seem that if it was such a hot item the numbers should have exceeded those of the 4 release what with all the people that are flocking away from att for the phone when they did not get the perk of early upgrade.

I'm sorry I had to register to point out the gaping whole in your rediculous argument. You posted a link to two articles and claimed the second was about iPhone 4S sales. Did you look at the post date? It was posted on 06/16/2010. It wasn't for the iPhone 4S, it was for 'iPhone 4s(plural)'  . It should have been obvious when both links mentioned the same '600,000 preorders' number.

Message 115 of 124

@hpsb wrote:

@dww0311 wrote:

@hpsb wrote:
Really ? - If my contract is extended - how would I be leaving early ? ATT still does not make any "extra" $250 off me in any case (unless I terminate my contract by paying ETF).

And how do you happen to know this as a matter of fact? Perhaps you are the CEO of ATT in disguise - trying to answer customers concerns ?

Smiley Happy

No, I just know how to read a contract and I can add & subtract.

What you are saying is that now, you want AT&T to write off the remainder of the subsidy it gave you on that IP4 you bought and which you haven't repaid. It has no incentive to do that. Why would it?

By that logic you could argue that they should be giving iPhone4s' out to everyone that wants them.  After all, the $3660 that they will get from your contract should far outweigh the cost of the phones, right?

Yes, last year they let some people who wanted iPhone 4's who didn't have an upgrade quite yet go ahead an upgrade with the fully discounted price early.  However there were also a lot of people who were quite happy to get the iPhone4 for less than full retail, even if they weren't getting the lowest price.

Message 116 of 124

And as to sales being bad, AT&T is calling this launch "the most successful iPhone launch we've ever had".  And that is just off of pre-sales.  Last year Apple reported selling 1.7 million iPhone 4 units by the end of the third day after they were released for retail sale.  In roughly a week I guess we'll see how this year stacks up.  Though with AT&T alone selling 200,000 presales in the first 12 hours, as opposed to the 600,000 iPhone 4 being presold during the entire presale period last year, I'd be surprised if the iPhone 4S doesn't blow that record away.

Message 117 of 124
Expert

@hpsb wrote:

@dww0311 wrote:
By that time, it will have eased back down closer to normal and you'll probably be able to walk into a store and pick one up at your leisure.

LOL !!! By that time ATT would have a serious inventory surplus - they might offer you coupons and discounts....

Smiley Happy

Not going to happen - so don;t get you hopes up for a fire sale on iphone 4S's

Message 118 of 124
Expert

@eddyisgreat wrote:

@wingrider01 wrote:

@yozhbk wrote:
So with everyone saying 4S is not a big deal and demand wont be crazy ? The iPhones are sold out and the wait time is not 1-2 weeks.... I can only see whats it going to be once we all get to our date 11/22, Thanks a lot ATT!

Iphone 4 first day sales approx 1.5 million, apple said 1.7 million

http://news.cnet.com/8301-31021_3-20008852-260.html

Iphone 4S first day sales appeox 600,000

http://ismashphone.com/2010/06/600000-iphone-4s-preordered-10-x-higher-than-1st-day-3gs-sales.html

seems kind of meeh there considering there at 4 locations to obtain a Iphone 4S now

1. Apple

2. ATT

3. Sprint

4. Verizon

last year at release there where only 2 vendors

1. Apple

2. ATT

would seem that if it was such a hot item the numbers should have exceeded those of the 4 release what with all the people that are flocking away from att for the phone when they did not get the perk of early upgrade.

I'm sorry I had to register to point out the gaping whole in your rediculous argument. You posted a link to two articles and claimed the second was about iPhone 4S sales. Did you look at the post date? It was posted on 06/16/2010. It wasn't for the iPhone 4S, it was for 'iPhone 4s(plural)'  . It should have been obvious when both links mentioned the same '600,000 preorders' number.

thanks, missed the date on the second link, have since did a lot more searching on the net for the 4S numbers, funny thing is - no one has put out a total number preo-ordered for all carriers on the net yet, the only number I could find is the 200K that ATT alone generated, last year on the release of the 4, the first day's pre-order numbers where plastered all over the net as soon as the clock rolled to the next day. Wonder why they where not done this year.....

Message 119 of 124
Scholar

If this is like lats time will be waiting 1-2 weeks delivery for months to come. I was going to switch to Sprint and actually few people did that I know, due to the way ATT handled this. I`m actually still considering going to Sprint, it cant work worst then ATT in the NYC
Message 120 of 124
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support