So... no more Sony-Ericsson phones at AT&T??

Contributor

So... no more Sony-Ericsson phones at AT&T??

I only use Sony Ericsson phones.. I tried a couple HTCs and an LG but they're crap... I have been waiting for word of the X12 coming to America but... now they have even removed Sony from their product list... Any news on what's going on between Sony and AT&T?? If AT&T stops selling SE phones I will be moving to an other carrier that does.

Message 1 of 12 (2,451 Views)
Tutor

Re: So... no more Sony-Ericsson phones at AT&T??

+1

I'm here waiting to offer AT&T more money with a full data plan if they'll offer a subsidized Sony Ericsson Android phone. I went to Cingular just for the w810i, stuck with AT&T for the C905a, and I'll jump carriers, any carrier, for an Xperia Arc.

Message 2 of 12 (2,440 Views)
Mentor

Ditto ... this is getting pathetic.

Message 3 of 12 (2,409 Views)
Master

The latest Sony-Ericsson phone AT&T released was the Xperia X10. Are any of you guys interested in that for time time being? Or, maybe you tried it out and didn't like it/had problems with it?

I'm also wondering when the next SE phone will be released. Verizon recently got the Xperia Play, I believe. I don't know what the hold-up with AT&T is.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 4 of 12 (2,397 Views)
Tutor

The Xperia X10 has me in a tough spot. When it was first released, it was running outdated Android 1.6, and I wasn't eligible for upgrade. SE pleasantly surprised me with continued support and updates to Android 2.3.

But if I'm going to re-up for another 2 years, I'd like to get something with newer hardware. The Xperia Arc would be great, Xperia Ray would be ok too, and Xperia Duo would be dream. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 12 (2,389 Views)
Master

Wow, that Duo surprises me - it doesn't even look like a traditional SE! It looks great!

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 6 of 12 (2,385 Views)
Mentor

Yeah, what on earth is up?  Fallout between the 2 companies?  I went through 6 layers fo Google and there is not a word explaining what is going on, no explanation anywhere.  Talk about not caring about your customers!!

Message 7 of 12 (2,335 Views)
Expert

I also wonder whatever happened with ATT carrying Nokia's?? They were ALWAYS my first choice and ATT discontinued them all except  for one piece of plastic that they still carry. Smiley Indifferent

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 8 of 12 (2,168 Views)
Scholar

I went to a store last week wondering the same... the guy at my local store said they were expecting a 4g version of the play in November. He also stated they were getting the new xperia mini pro but had no idea when.
Message 9 of 12 (2,115 Views)
Scholar

Xperia Mini Pro?  Hmmph.  Get one from Sony Style for $229 with no branding and no sim lock.  A locked and branded one would never get me back in a "contract" even for free.

Don't expect that play thing to be anything more than a lead balloon like the Nokia symbian game thing was a few years ago.  If you want an Android they are out there.  I am thinking that it would be a real blessing to see a modern W810i though.  It is probably the finest phone I have ever owned.

Message 10 of 12 (1,846 Views)
Tutor

Looks like AT&T is getting the Xperia Play 4G. Buddy of mine has the Verizon version and it's a fun phone. AT&T's comes in blue and costs less to boot.

Now bring us the Arc or ArcS Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 12 (1,551 Views)
Scholar

I have the unlocked Arc, got it at Amazon and I like it. Low RAM is the worse part, if you don't add too many applications, you're okay. And you won't have preinstalled applications from at&t, you can add your own.
Yes, it was expensive, but no more expensive than buying the mobile off contract at their store.
Message 12 of 12 (1,497 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.