Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 13, 2011
5:57:00 PM
View profile
So does AT&T plan to do anything about the TERRIBLE wifi reception on the Infuse?

Seriously, I've been in the wireless industry for a number of years and I have NEVER seen anything that has wifi issues as much as this device does. 

It forgets networks, can't connect to the ones it does remember, and the signal strength is the worst of any device I've ever seen. 

Love the phone, absolutely dispise the wifi....any word on this from AT&T (hopefully better than their word on a Gingerbread update.......thanks for that BTW guys! Smiley Mad 

Seriously, I've been in the wireless industry for a number of years and I have NEVER seen anything that has wifi issues as much as this device does. 

It forgets networks, can't connect to the ones it does remember, and the signal strength is the worst of any device I've ever seen. 

Love the phone, absolutely dispise the wifi....any word on this from AT&T (hopefully better than their word on a Gingerbread update.......thanks for that BTW guys! Smiley Mad 

So does AT&T plan to do anything about the TERRIBLE wifi reception on the Infuse?

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 13, 2011 6:23:34 PM
(0)
Scholar
i would sugest gettin a new phone!
______

“I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.”
i would sugest gettin a new phone!
AT&T CSR, but anything this i say is not assssssossiaattteeddd with att as a company.

Re: So does AT&T plan to do anything about the TERRIBLE wifi reception on the Infuse?

2 of 4 (359 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 14, 2011 1:47:01 PM
(0)
Guru

wr6x wrote:

There seems to be some bugs with the Broadcom BCM4330 chipset the Infuse (and a TON of other devices) use, where wifi will go to sleep and never wake up unless you disable/reenable it.  Other than that I've never had the problem you describe.

Also, the BCM4330 driver in Gingerbread kernels seems to be significantly improved, I have never seen the issue above in Gingerbread.

wr6x wrote:

There seems to be some bugs with the Broadcom BCM4330 chipset the Infuse (and a TON of other devices) use, where wifi will go to sleep and never wake up unless you disable/reenable it.  Other than that I've never had the problem you describe.

Also, the BCM4330 driver in Gingerbread kernels seems to be significantly improved, I have never seen the issue above in Gingerbread.

-------------- CyanogenMod 9/10 device co-maintainer for: SGH-I777 (AT&T Galaxy S2) GT-N7000 (International Galaxy Note) GT-N8013 (Galaxy Note 10.1 Wifi)

Re: So does AT&T plan to do anything about the TERRIBLE wifi reception on the Infuse?

3 of 4 (287 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 15, 2011 3:30:36 PM
(0)
Teacher

I use my wifi constantly and haven't had one issue with it. It may be an issue with your specific phone if its as bad as you describe.

I use my wifi constantly and haven't had one issue with it. It may be an issue with your specific phone if its as bad as you describe.

4 of 4 (237 Views)