Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 1, 2010
2:17:28 PM
So Upset I moved phone companies
Edited by enigmaPrime on Oct 1, 2010 at 2:28:25 PM

I have been a loyal apple iPhone user for since the get go.

I recently left my iPhone 3G in the back of a Taxi & thought I'd lost it for good but subsequently got it back.

It was during the few days that I had no phone & was not sure if the Taxi driver handed it in was when I decided since I have only 11 days left on my contract I may as well go down to AT&T store & get the new one.

I tell the clerk my sob story & say to him that I'd like the new one with a new 2 year contract can you just add on the 11 days to the new contract.

He says NO. You have to wait the 11 days.

I said, but I cant wait the 11 days I need a phone today. The only thing he could do for me was try & sell me a new cheap phone for the 11 days & come back when that time was up.

I said I'm not buying a cheap phone just to take me 11 days, I'd like the new iPhone & a new contract.

Again a resounding but polite NO, sorry you cannot do that.

Now I'm losing it, I raised my voice intentionally so that other customers could hear our conversation. Not too much but enough.

I said, I've been a customer both directly & indirectly of AT&T for a number of years now, if you would like that to continue then you will accept the fact the 11 days left on my contract is not worth losing a paying customer, a customer who if he does not walk out of this store with a new iPhone & a new contract, then he will NO longer be a customer of AT&T, he will be a customer of Sprint.
To my complete amazment he said & I QUOTE.

"Sir that's your choice but you will have to do what you have to do!"

Gob-Smacked

He basically just told me to GO & {word filter evasion} my self in so many words & I let him know it. (BTW I added the Astrix)

I marched out of the store & went straight over to Sprint. Walked out 20 mins later with the HTC evo & you know something I have never been happier.

There were a couple of other things that were starting to annoy me about AT&T & Apple that I should comment on as it made things easier for me to move without worrying about being iPhone addicted.

1. The upgrades that we cannot uninstall without going through freaking hoops just to get our phones back to the speed they were going before the 4.0 upgrade.

(I know every 3G & 3GS user knows exactly what I'm talking about)

2. AT&T refusing to insure the iPhone which I found odd considering there were more expensive phones there that they did insure. (not sure if thats the case now but they never used to)

I am so happy with Droid right now that a number of my friends are considering moving over to the dark side or in this case FROM the dark side, yes pun intended.

Yes there are a few apps that I miss but there are more than plenty to cover my bases at the store.

AT&T & Apple need to get there act together.

Stop charging through the nose for trivial things, if Sprint can give me unlimited everything for $70 then so can you.

Stop upgrading software on phones (iPhone) so that many users want to immediately uninstall it, give us the option to uninstall an upgrade. Its our freaking phones we paid for them we should have the rights to decide what we want on them.

(& I dont want to hear the old argument its apples property you signed the contract bla bla bla,

WE also paid good money, we also pay a monthly bill, we also want our phones to run at a reasonable speed, if they don't then we should have the right to uninstall upgrades.

Sorry I had to vent.

I am a former AT&T customer who was treated like a leaper

If that's the way AT&T treat long time customers then you know where you can go.

I recently left my iPhone 3G in the back of a Taxi & thought I'd lost it for good but subsequently got it back.

It was during the few days that I had no phone & was not sure if the Taxi driver handed it in was when I decided since I have only 11 days left on my contract I may as well go down to AT&T store & get the new one.

I tell the clerk my sob story & say to him that I'd like the new one with a new 2 year contract can you just add on the 11 days to the new contract.

I said, but I cant wait the 11 days I need a phone today. The only thing he could do for me was try & sell me a new cheap phone for the 11 days & come back when that time was up.

I said I'm not buying a cheap phone just to take me 11 days, I'd like the new iPhone & a new contract.

Again a resounding but polite NO, sorry you cannot do that.

Now I'm losing it, I raised my voice intentionally so that other customers could hear our conversation. Not too much but enough.

I said, I've been a customer both directly & indirectly of AT&T for a number of years now, if you would like that to continue then you will accept the fact the 11 days left on my contract is not worth losing a paying customer, a customer who if he does not walk out of this store with a new iPhone & a new contract, then he will NO longer be a customer of AT&T, he will be a customer of Sprint.
To my complete amazment he said & I QUOTE.

"Sir that's your choice but you will have to do what you have to do!"

Gob-Smacked

He basically just told me to GO & {word filter evasion} my self in so many words & I let him know it. (BTW I added the Astrix)

I marched out of the store & went straight over to Sprint. Walked out 20 mins later with the HTC evo & you know something I have never been happier.

There were a couple of other things that were starting to annoy me about AT&T & Apple that I should comment on as it made things easier for me to move without worrying about being iPhone addicted.

1. The upgrades that we cannot uninstall without going through freaking hoops just to get our phones back to the speed they were going before the 4.0 upgrade.

2. AT&T refusing to insure the iPhone which I found odd considering there were more expensive phones there that they did insure. (not sure if thats the case now but they never used to)

I am so happy with Droid right now that a number of my friends are considering moving over to the dark side or in this case FROM the dark side, yes pun intended.

Yes there are a few apps that I miss but there are more than plenty to cover my bases at the store.

Stop charging through the nose for trivial things, if Sprint can give me unlimited everything for $70 then so can you.

Stop upgrading software on phones (iPhone) so that many users want to immediately uninstall it, give us the option to uninstall an upgrade. Its our freaking phones we paid for them we should have the rights to decide what we want on them.

(& I dont want to hear the old argument its apples property you signed the contract bla bla bla,

WE also paid good money, we also pay a monthly bill, we also want our phones to run at a reasonable speed, if they don't then we should have the right to uninstall upgrades.

Sorry I had to vent.

If that's the way AT&T treat long time customers then you know where you can go.

So Upset I moved phone companies

[ Edited ]
55 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(55)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 1, 2010 2:45:56 PM
(0)
Expert

Glad to hear you are happy, but ATT did nothing wrong, you where ot eligible for a upgrade and they don;t make execptions - as a matter of interest no provider will make an exception. Enjoy Sprint

Glad to hear you are happy, but ATT did nothing wrong, you where ot eligible for a upgrade and they don;t make execptions - as a matter of interest no provider will make an exception. Enjoy Sprint

Re: So Upset I moved phone companies

2 of 56 (2,027 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 1, 2010 2:51:09 PM
(0)
Tutor

Actually thats not correct, when I told the sprint guy my story he was kinda amazed. They do it all the time.

Actually thats not correct, when I told the sprint guy my story he was kinda amazed. They do it all the time.

3 of 56 (2,014 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 1, 2010 3:01:37 PM
(0)
Professor

You are not entitled to a discount simply because you have 11 days left on your contract.

You are eligable for the early upgrade pricing.

It's  a legally binding contract.  Regardless of what Sprint does, AT&T holds customers accountable to their contracts.

Enjoy your new phone and service.

You are not entitled to a discount simply because you have 11 days left on your contract.

You are eligable for the early upgrade pricing.

It's  a legally binding contract.  Regardless of what Sprint does, AT&T holds customers accountable to their contracts.

Enjoy your new phone and service.

4 of 56 (2,006 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 1, 2010 3:14:53 PM
(0)
Scholar
Sorry to hear about your experience--know what you mean. I had the same problem and had to wait. No real big deal. ATT told me that I had to pay for full prices to upgrade to a 3GS last year. This year I lucked out going from 3GS to 4. I decided to keep my 3GS as a backup for now. I know Verizon will give a break but doesn't budge with their upgrade either--especially if you call and order over the phone. Good luck at Sprint.
Sorry to hear about your experience--know what you mean. I had the same problem and had to wait. No real big deal. ATT told me that I had to pay for full prices to upgrade to a 3GS last year. This year I lucked out going from 3GS to 4. I decided to keep my 3GS as a backup for now. I know Verizon will give a break but doesn't budge with their upgrade either--especially if you call and order over the phone. Good luck at Sprint.

5 of 56 (1,997 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 1, 2010 3:16:39 PM
(0)
Expert

enigmaPrime wrote:

the sprint sales weasel was saying what he or she needed to say to stroke your ego and get the contract signed, read sprint and verizon's forums they are full of the same types of statements you have made, not eligible - pay full or slightly discounted price, just like ATT's. No matter what the sprint sales weasel tells you - they will hold oyu to the letter of the contract you just agreed to, no early upgrades either

enigmaPrime wrote:

the sprint sales weasel was saying what he or she needed to say to stroke your ego and get the contract signed, read sprint and verizon's forums they are full of the same types of statements you have made, not eligible - pay full or slightly discounted price, just like ATT's. No matter what the sprint sales weasel tells you - they will hold oyu to the letter of the contract you just agreed to, no early upgrades either

6 of 56 (1,995 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 1, 2010 4:48:26 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

to sprint's credit they will let you leave a month early w/o any etf Smiley Wink

to sprint's credit they will let you leave a month early w/o any etf Smiley Wink

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

7 of 56 (1,967 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 1, 2010 5:15:17 PM
(0)
Tutor

Complete & utter nonsense, I just called Sprint support & talked to a rep & asked him can I upgrade before my contract ends.

He said People call all the time & get moved up by a month, they dont advertise it but it does happen.

(I also googled it & same results)

Calling someone a weasel concidering you have never met that person is getting a little low me thinks.

I've had nothing but good experiences with ATT & apple, up until now that is.

I chose to enact my power as a paying customer & stop giving them my money.

Their loss sprints gain.

Complete & utter nonsense, I just called Sprint support & talked to a rep & asked him can I upgrade before my contract ends.

He said People call all the time & get moved up by a month, they dont advertise it but it does happen.

Calling someone a weasel concidering you have never met that person is getting a little low me thinks.

Their loss sprints gain.

8 of 56 (1,957 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 1, 2010 5:37:05 PM
(0)
Expert
Edited by wingrider01 on Oct 1, 2010 at 5:56:24 PM

enigmaPrime wrote:

Their loss sprints gain.

come back in a year and half and see if the same thing is true, sorry you where sold a bill of goods. Personal expierence - have a business contract with them and employees that use them in their home area - sprint does not let you early upgrade and the full reduced price. Sorry if I offended your sensiblities, but commissioned sales personal and those that are required to have a minimum number of sales in a time period  to retain their employement tend to say what is required to make a sale no matter if it is accurate or not

enigmaPrime wrote:

Their loss sprints gain.

come back in a year and half and see if the same thing is true, sorry you where sold a bill of goods. Personal expierence - have a business contract with them and employees that use them in their home area - sprint does not let you early upgrade and the full reduced price. Sorry if I offended your sensiblities, but commissioned sales personal and those that are required to have a minimum number of sales in a time period  to retain their employement tend to say what is required to make a sale no matter if it is accurate or not

[ Edited ]
9 of 56 (1,937 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 1, 2010 5:45:42 PM
(0)
Scholar

Good luck with sprint. But you lost me at the 11 days. I thought at&t was offering early upgrades to the iphone4.

that's what i was told last month even though i have 4 months left  on my contract. just pay the 18.00 fee.

which they offered to wave

Good luck with sprint. But you lost me at the 11 days. I thought at&t was offering early upgrades to the iphone4.

that's what i was told last month even though i have 4 months left  on my contract. just pay the 18.00 fee.

10 of 56 (1,931 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 1, 2010 7:02:48 PM
(0)
Scholar

enigmaPrime wrote:

Their loss sprints gain.

AT&T offers early upgrades. They are anywhere from a month to 6 months early. You said that you had 11 days left in your contract. So when you told the AT&T sales rep that, did he automatically tell you no, or did he look it up and tell you, you had 11 days? Also you obviously had other problems with AT&T besides this. If you were dead set that you wanted to stay with AT&T, instead of making the switch, you would have went to Wal-Mart and bought a $30 phone and had them give you a new Sim-Card. Then came back in 11 days. I've had to do this myself after losing my old BB, then finding it a few days later. Also same happened when I lost my iPhone. Used that same $30 phone until I found a good deal on another iPhone. Always good to have a backup cheap phone, in case you lose a $500+ phone.

Good luck with Sprint, until they get bought out by VZW. Soon it will be AT&T and VZW covering the entire nation. May be a few more years, but it is coming.

enigmaPrime wrote:

Their loss sprints gain.

AT&T offers early upgrades. They are anywhere from a month to 6 months early. You said that you had 11 days left in your contract. So when you told the AT&T sales rep that, did he automatically tell you no, or did he look it up and tell you, you had 11 days? Also you obviously had other problems with AT&T besides this. If you were dead set that you wanted to stay with AT&T, instead of making the switch, you would have went to Wal-Mart and bought a $30 phone and had them give you a new Sim-Card. Then came back in 11 days. I've had to do this myself after losing my old BB, then finding it a few days later. Also same happened when I lost my iPhone. Used that same $30 phone until I found a good deal on another iPhone. Always good to have a backup cheap phone, in case you lose a $500+ phone.

Good luck with Sprint, until they get bought out by VZW. Soon it will be AT&T and VZW covering the entire nation. May be a few more years, but it is coming.

11 of 56 (1,028 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 1, 2010 7:13:19 PM
(0)
Guru

WRIGHTRACING wrote:

Do you really see this happening?  I don't think the Federal Government would let Verizon nor AT&T buy sprint or t-mobile.  Too much talk in Washington about not enough competition.  

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinion.

WRIGHTRACING wrote:

Do you really see this happening?  I don't think the Federal Government would let Verizon nor AT&T buy sprint or t-mobile.  Too much talk in Washington about not enough competition.  

Sent from my iPhone 4

12 of 56 (1,024 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 1, 2010 7:49:28 PM
(0)
Scholar

Maybe not, but Sprint isn't in the best of times. I don't know of anyone who has Sprint, and have only known 2 that ever had it, here that is. May be a good company in some areas, but I've never seen a company that has reception everywhere I go, like AT&T does. There are some places I can go when out of town that may fall off, but nothing in my daily travels. There are many other small companies out there that give them competition, but I think everyone would be better off if these were the only 2 phone companies. May seem they would be greedy, and take advantage of it, but honestly they would be bringing in more money, so they could finish covering the entire US with towers, so everyone has reception everywhere, regardless of there company. Seems the two would get on board with each other and truly decide which is the better system for cellular, then the other company change over and the 2 take over the cell phone business and make all the money. This likely will never happen, but we'll see where it goes. Cell phones have came a long way in the past 10 years. Imagine 37 years ago when they made the first cell phone call, I'm sure they never imagined needing the technology we have these days. They didn't even know what internet itself was. Either way in 28 years since the first cell companies came out, they have came a long ways. 

Maybe not, but Sprint isn't in the best of times. I don't know of anyone who has Sprint, and have only known 2 that ever had it, here that is. May be a good company in some areas, but I've never seen a company that has reception everywhere I go, like AT&T does. There are some places I can go when out of town that may fall off, but nothing in my daily travels. There are many other small companies out there that give them competition, but I think everyone would be better off if these were the only 2 phone companies. May seem they would be greedy, and take advantage of it, but honestly they would be bringing in more money, so they could finish covering the entire US with towers, so everyone has reception everywhere, regardless of there company. Seems the two would get on board with each other and truly decide which is the better system for cellular, then the other company change over and the 2 take over the cell phone business and make all the money. This likely will never happen, but we'll see where it goes. Cell phones have came a long way in the past 10 years. Imagine 37 years ago when they made the first cell phone call, I'm sure they never imagined needing the technology we have these days. They didn't even know what internet itself was. Either way in 28 years since the first cell companies came out, they have came a long ways. 

13 of 56 (1,008 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 1, 2010 7:59:40 PM
(0)
Guru

They sure have.  I am still amazed that all this stuff works and what we do now that we never even imagined doing.

Now I am waiting for those mini helicopters that Goerge Jetson used to drive to show up!Smiley Surprised

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinion.

They sure have.  I am still amazed that all this stuff works and what we do now that we never even imagined doing.

Now I am waiting for those mini helicopters that Goerge Jetson used to drive to show up!Smiley Surprised

Sent from my iPhone 4

14 of 56 (1,001 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 1, 2010 8:19:12 PM
(0)
Former Employee

Sonic1519 wrote:

That's right, when the iphone4 came out, AT&T announced that any existing iphone user who was going to be upgrade eligible anytime the rest of the year would be immediately upgrade eligible.  I know this is true because my upgrade date was August but my account showed I was upgrade eligible as soon as the iphone4 was released. Something about the OP's story sounds funny to me.

Sonic1519 wrote:

That's right, when the iphone4 came out, AT&T announced that any existing iphone user who was going to be upgrade eligible anytime the rest of the year would be immediately upgrade eligible.  I know this is true because my upgrade date was August but my account showed I was upgrade eligible as soon as the iphone4 was released. Something about the OP's story sounds funny to me.

15 of 56 (996 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 1, 2010 8:57:12 PM
(0)
Master

First, you want to blame AT&T for something that was entirely YOUR fault?  You had a legally binding contract, and AT&T wasn't going to allow you to alter the terms of that contract early because of something YOU did.

Second, AT&T doesn't insure phones.  They utilize a third-party provider to insure the phones, who until recently wouldn't.  Have you seen the insurance rates on the iPhone?  You'd have to be a bit foolish to pay them.  A better option is obtaining an electronics rider on your homeowner's or renter's insurance.

Finally, AT&T has 90+ million customers and is growing.  Sprint has ~52 million, and is bleeding customers.  Sorry, but AT&T doesn't need to do anything to match the prices of a company that's in third place and is flailing.

enigmaPrime wrote:

<snip>

Sorry I had to vent.

First, you want to blame AT&T for something that was entirely YOUR fault?  You had a legally binding contract, and AT&T wasn't going to allow you to alter the terms of that contract early because of something YOU did.

Second, AT&T doesn't insure phones.  They utilize a third-party provider to insure the phones, who until recently wouldn't.  Have you seen the insurance rates on the iPhone?  You'd have to be a bit foolish to pay them.  A better option is obtaining an electronics rider on your homeowner's or renter's insurance.

Finally, AT&T has 90+ million customers and is growing.  Sprint has ~52 million, and is bleeding customers.  Sorry, but AT&T doesn't need to do anything to match the prices of a company that's in third place and is flailing.

enigmaPrime wrote:

<snip>

Sorry I had to vent.

16 of 56 (978 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 2, 2010 12:25:29 AM
(0)
Guru
It's obvious that the OP was looking for a reason to jump ship. You lose your phone and that is AT&T's fault? Then you throw a tantrum in a store like a 2 year old?

Don't forget that you also have to pay $10 a month to have 4g whether you get 4g or not! Good luck with Sprint!
It's obvious that the OP was looking for a reason to jump ship. You lose your phone and that is AT&T's fault? Then you throw a tantrum in a store like a 2 year old?

Don't forget that you also have to pay $10 a month to have 4g whether you get 4g or not! Good luck with Sprint!

17 of 56 (941 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 2, 2010 5:46:25 AM
(0)
Guru
Interesting. Op said sprint then a bit later said Droid. Two different company. What's the reason for venting if you are already happy?
Interesting. Op said sprint then a bit later said Droid. Two different company. What's the reason for venting if you are already happy?

18 of 56 (921 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 2, 2010 6:35:15 AM
(0)
Professor

mdifilm wrote:

The EVO that the OP stated he went with runs Android.

Droid is also a phone made by Motorolla and sold by Verizon.

mdifilm wrote:

The EVO that the OP stated he went with runs Android.

Droid is also a phone made by Motorolla and sold by Verizon.

19 of 56 (907 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 2, 2010 6:48:02 AM
(0)
Guru

enigmaPrime wrote:

He played your situation. Simple sales technique. When the situation comes that you actually need to do this with Sprint, I hope for your sake that they actually do it for you.

As an AT&T employee, the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinion.

enigmaPrime wrote:

He played your situation. Simple sales technique. When the situation comes that you actually need to do this with Sprint, I hope for your sake that they actually do it for you.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

20 of 56 (905 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 2, 2010 6:50:02 AM
(0)
Scholar

I really don't understand why people nowadays believe that they shouldn't be held up to the terms of their contracts. 

I really don't understand why people nowadays believe that they shouldn't be held up to the terms of their contracts. 

21 of 56 (904 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 2, 2010 7:17:19 AM
(0)
Expert

sandblaster wrote:

Sonic1519 wrote:

Actually there where exceptions to that policy - if the iphone was not the primary phone on a family account the upgrade eligibilty date was not altered. There where numerous threads on the forum screaming about that when it happened

sandblaster wrote:

Sonic1519 wrote:

Actually there where exceptions to that policy - if the iphone was not the primary phone on a family account the upgrade eligibilty date was not altered. There where numerous threads on the forum screaming about that when it happened

22 of 56 (894 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 2, 2010 11:28:52 AM
(0)
Scholar

Good job!

I know exactly what you mean with the 4.0 update. The phone has been made almost useless. I bet AT&T colluded with Apple for the update to make the phone useless just so people would upgrade to another phone. I've caught AT&T in a lie before where they basically told the manufacturer to not allow any updates for a particular phone. Then they told me I would get an updated phone, which was impossible because behind the scenes they wouldn't allow any updates. After they were caught in their own lie, they had no choice but to give me a comperable new phone(ended up being a Blackberry). After that broke I got an iPhone. It was great until the 4.0 update. Now I find everyone I know dumping their iPhones because of it.

Good job!

I know exactly what you mean with the 4.0 update. The phone has been made almost useless. I bet AT&T colluded with Apple for the update to make the phone useless just so people would upgrade to another phone. I've caught AT&T in a lie before where they basically told the manufacturer to not allow any updates for a particular phone. Then they told me I would get an updated phone, which was impossible because behind the scenes they wouldn't allow any updates. After they were caught in their own lie, they had no choice but to give me a comperable new phone(ended up being a Blackberry). After that broke I got an iPhone. It was great until the 4.0 update. Now I find everyone I know dumping their iPhones because of it.

23 of 56 (866 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 2, 2010 11:40:05 AM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by WRIGHTRACING on Oct 2, 2010 at 4:07:25 PM

briankfranks wrote:

Good job!

Really...So you really think AT&T can talk a cell phone manufacturer into making crappy products, so that people will buy from another manufacturer...LOL HA HA....{Please keep it courteous}

briankfranks wrote:

Good job!

Really...So you really think AT&T can talk a cell phone manufacturer into making crappy products, so that people will buy from another manufacturer...LOL HA HA....{Please keep it courteous}

[ Edited ]
24 of 56 (862 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 2, 2010 11:57:02 AM
(0)
Guru

briankfranks wrote:

I know exactly what you mean with the 4.0 update. The phone has been made almost useless. I bet AT&T colluded with Apple for the update to make the phone useless just so people would upgrade to another phone.

Ok, that's the most ridiculous conspiracy theory I have ever read in this forum so far. Congratulations.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

briankfranks wrote:

I know exactly what you mean with the 4.0 update. The phone has been made almost useless. I bet AT&T colluded with Apple for the update to make the phone useless just so people would upgrade to another phone.

Ok, that's the most ridiculous conspiracy theory I have ever read in this forum so far. Congratulations.

25 of 56 (860 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 2, 2010 10:34:42 PM
(0)
Mentor

Yeah, Sprint double-billed us when we signed on a family of 5 phones. They were in the midst of redoing their billing system.

Then they had a collection agency come after us, even though we paid our bill in full every month.

It took Sprint the entire two years of our contract to figure out they neglected to close the old account during their billing system switchover.

They never did reimburse us for the extra $650.00 we paid for our phones. And they screwed up our credit ratings with the collection process on the account they forgot to transfer and close completely.

Oh, and they didn't let us out of our contract w/o the ETF as someone mistakenly posted here. In fact, they billed us IN ADVANCE for the the next months service after we terminated our service the day after it was completed. I just told them to take a flying leap, as I was not going to pay them for service I have not received. But they did try in earnest to screw me out of another months billing.

I hope you enjoy your time with Sprint! Good luck with that!

Yeah, Sprint double-billed us when we signed on a family of 5 phones. They were in the midst of redoing their billing system.

Then they had a collection agency come after us, even though we paid our bill in full every month.

It took Sprint the entire two years of our contract to figure out they neglected to close the old account during their billing system switchover.

They never did reimburse us for the extra $650.00 we paid for our phones. And they screwed up our credit ratings with the collection process on the account they forgot to transfer and close completely.

Oh, and they didn't let us out of our contract w/o the ETF as someone mistakenly posted here. In fact, they billed us IN ADVANCE for the the next months service after we terminated our service the day after it was completed. I just told them to take a flying leap, as I was not going to pay them for service I have not received. But they did try in earnest to screw me out of another months billing.

I hope you enjoy your time with Sprint! Good luck with that!

26 of 56 (819 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 2, 2010 10:36:36 PM
(0)
Mentor

JSY wrote:

What I don't understand is how a company can hold the customer to the terms of contract, but not provide the service as contracted and get away with it. Smacks of business fraud.

JSY wrote:

What I don't understand is how a company can hold the customer to the terms of contract, but not provide the service as contracted and get away with it. Smacks of business fraud.

27 of 56 (818 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 3, 2010 4:09:38 AM
(0)
Expert

dwmitchell61 wrote:

JSY wrote:

what "service" do they not provide according to your signed contract? - Coverage? read thecontract closely you will see that ALL providers to not promise 100 percent coveraghe in 100 percent of the locations, so that is not what you are talking about. Please post the details of the service that they do not provide that is detailed in the contract you signed

dwmitchell61 wrote:

JSY wrote:

what "service" do they not provide according to your signed contract? - Coverage? read thecontract closely you will see that ALL providers to not promise 100 percent coveraghe in 100 percent of the locations, so that is not what you are talking about. Please post the details of the service that they do not provide that is detailed in the contract you signed

28 of 56 (803 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 3, 2010 8:07:47 PM
(0)
Scholar

Sonic1519 wrote:

They seem to not be offering that now. I've got an iPhone 3g and my upgrade is the 11th of Oct. I was told yesterday that I have to wait until then. Smiley Sad I guess that was just at the beginning.

Sonic1519 wrote:

They seem to not be offering that now. I've got an iPhone 3g and my upgrade is the 11th of Oct. I was told yesterday that I have to wait until then. Smiley Sad I guess that was just at the beginning.

29 of 56 (744 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 3, 2010 8:21:21 PM
(0)
Mentor

Glad you like the Evo, I hear it's a great phone. You can bet if I were angry at a company and happy with another, I sure wouldn't waste a second of my time trolling the old companies message boards.

Glad you like the Evo, I hear it's a great phone. You can bet if I were angry at a company and happy with another, I sure wouldn't waste a second of my time trolling the old companies message boards.

30 of 56 (736 Views)