So... [Samsung Captivate] Software Update: Communication Failed.

Teacher

So... [Samsung Captivate] Software Update: Communication Failed.

Hi,

I've read some other people have had issues with Samsung Captivate's Software Update issue in the past few months.

I was wondering what does this mean?

Are the phones "bricked"? OS Software Updates "FUBAR-d"? "Goodbye Froyo, I hardly ever knew ya?"

It's hard to keep track with all the threads and posts regarding this matter. So I just wanted to post a onceinawhile checkup thread here.

Anyone?

Thanks.

h?h?

Message 1 of 4 (1,660 Views)
Highlighted
Teacher

Re: So... [Samsung Captivate] Software Update: Communication Failed.

Postscript: My phone and Android Market works fine, except that it hasn't been able to get a connection with AT&T Server Communication for Software Update.

Message 2 of 4 (1,659 Views)
Professor

Your phone is not "bricked", software updates are not "FUBAR'd". Go into Settings...Applications...Manage applications. Press the menu button and select Filter...All. Find and tap Device Management, tap Clear data. Back all the way out to your home screen and restart the phone. You can now check again and find that there currently is no update.

Message 3 of 4 (1,568 Views)
Contributor

I tried the last suggestion and it still gives communication failure sounds broken to me.

Message 4 of 4 (1,028 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.