Smartphone (HTC Imagio Unlocked) With Prepaid ?

Tutor

Smartphone (HTC Imagio Unlocked) With Prepaid ?

I'm thinking about getting the HTC imagio smartphone and buy the prepaid sim card off eBay or something lol and I wanted to know if I could use it for only texting like the Unlimited Messaging For 19.99/Month ? without data plans , and could o get minutes for calling on it too ?
Message 1 of 34
Master

Re: Smartphone (HTC Imagio Unlocked) With Prepaid ?

Okay, great! Glad that you got it working.

Enjoy!

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 31 of 34
Professor

Data pay-per-use is turned on by default for all phones on AT&T.  If  the phone is recognized as a smartphone by AT&Tand you attempt to use data, a data package will be added.  Since data is included with the new $50 Unlimited Talk, Text and Web plan, data usage will be blocked for any phone AT&T detects as a smartphone unless a data package is purchased.

Message 32 of 34
Professor

I asked the reps and I get 3 different replies from 3 reps:
#1. Without a data plan, you cannot use data (web & email, sync etc) - the data feature is disabled. Very good if true.
#2. You must have a data plan (this is not per the AT&T terms for prepaid type).
#3. If you don't want data, you don't have to have a data plan. (This agrees with the AT&T terms for prepaid.)

It will be interesting to see if *any* smartphone with a GoPhone SIM, would work just like any GoPhone. The AT&T SIM card sold online does not say if it's for prepaid or postpaid.
Message 33 of 34
Highlighted

I don't deduct anything for specific uses when I purchase gophone minutes. I just pay another $100.00 to my account, and then when I call, text, or go online to email, it just deducts what I used from the $100.00.

Message 34 of 34
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support