Smart Limits

Contributor

Smart Limits

With smart limits, can I tell if a blocked number either tries to call me or text me? and if so can I actually read that text?  I also would like to know what a blocked number that texts me receives in return?

Message 1 of 4 (3,665 Views)
Employee

Re: Smart Limits

Hi there, cynstiller! Thanks for checking out our forum. The answer to your first question is no. You won't be able to tell if a blocked device tries to call you, because the calls/texts will not go through. Therefore, you won't be able to read any attempted text messages either. When a blocked device attempts to send a text to your device, they will see the following message:

"The wireless subscriber you are trying to reach is not accepting incoming msgs at this time.”  

Blocked callers will see hear this message:

“The AT&T subscriber you are trying to reach is not available at this time.”

Hope that helps!

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 4 (3,552 Views)
Contributor

I added this feature yesterday on one of my lines, I just found out that since the feature will only blocked 10-digit numbers this feature will only work for mostly local numbers. The rep said that if the caller or sender dialed a 1 in front of the number the feature will detect it as more thatn 10-digit, it will not blocked it even if the number is on your blocked number list. So useless, some people still dial 1 in front of a number that is not local. How can I blocked this number then?

Message 3 of 4 (2,637 Views)
Employee

If the number you blocked is a domestic 10-digit number and the caller enters a 1 in front of the number, it will still be blocked by Smart Limits. Please let us know if you continue having this issue. 

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 4 (2,132 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.