Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 29, 2011
5:20:41 PM
View profile
Smart Limits

With smart limits, can I tell if a blocked number either tries to call me or text me? and if so can I actually read that text?  I also would like to know what a blocked number that texts me receives in return?

With smart limits, can I tell if a blocked number either tries to call me or text me? and if so can I actually read that text?  I also would like to know what a blocked number that texts me receives in return?

Smart Limits

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 5, 2011 2:06:25 PM
(0)
Employee

Hi there, cynstiller! Thanks for checking out our forum. The answer to your first question is no. You won't be able to tell if a blocked device tries to call you, because the calls/texts will not go through. Therefore, you won't be able to read any attempted text messages either. When a blocked device attempts to send a text to your device, they will see the following message:

"The wireless subscriber you are trying to reach is not accepting incoming msgs at this time.”  

Blocked callers will see hear this message:

“The AT&T subscriber you are trying to reach is not available at this time.”

Hope that helps!

Hi there, cynstiller! Thanks for checking out our forum. The answer to your first question is no. You won't be able to tell if a blocked device tries to call you, because the calls/texts will not go through. Therefore, you won't be able to read any attempted text messages either. When a blocked device attempts to send a text to your device, they will see the following message:

"The wireless subscriber you are trying to reach is not accepting incoming msgs at this time.”  

Blocked callers will see hear this message:

“The AT&T subscriber you are trying to reach is not available at this time.”

Hope that helps!

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Smart Limits

2 of 4 (3,517 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 5, 2012 9:40:44 AM
(0)
Contributor

I added this feature yesterday on one of my lines, I just found out that since the feature will only blocked 10-digit numbers this feature will only work for mostly local numbers. The rep said that if the caller or sender dialed a 1 in front of the number the feature will detect it as more thatn 10-digit, it will not blocked it even if the number is on your blocked number list. So useless, some people still dial 1 in front of a number that is not local. How can I blocked this number then?

I added this feature yesterday on one of my lines, I just found out that since the feature will only blocked 10-digit numbers this feature will only work for mostly local numbers. The rep said that if the caller or sender dialed a 1 in front of the number the feature will detect it as more thatn 10-digit, it will not blocked it even if the number is on your blocked number list. So useless, some people still dial 1 in front of a number that is not local. How can I blocked this number then?

3 of 4 (2,602 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 2, 2012 2:36:51 PM
(0)
Employee

If the number you blocked is a domestic 10-digit number and the caller enters a 1 in front of the number, it will still be blocked by Smart Limits. Please let us know if you continue having this issue. 

If the number you blocked is a domestic 10-digit number and the caller enters a 1 in front of the number, it will still be blocked by Smart Limits. Please let us know if you continue having this issue. 

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 4 (2,097 Views)