Wireless Forums

Posted Nov 13, 2011
9:44:02 AM
View profile
Smart Limits and Go-Phone

Due to recent circumstances, I have to be on a prepaid phone.   I absolutely love the Go-phone having tried other prepaid carriers.   There is however, once major flaw and that is that the features and support are extremely limited.   I am having the same issues as regular account holders, and one main issue is that I am receiving spam phone calls and spam text messages several times a day 6 days a week.   If you attempt to call or reply to this number to trace, the number comes up disconnected.  There is nothing ATT can do, because I have a Go-Phone believe me I have tried.   Do you know of any other way I can block these messages, I do know about the reject list, that only helps in incoming phone calls, and they still show up as missed calls.   The texts I can't find a solution.   I do not want to change my phone number, since too many people have as well as possible employers.   

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me

Due to recent circumstances, I have to be on a prepaid phone.   I absolutely love the Go-phone having tried other prepaid carriers.   There is however, once major flaw and that is that the features and support are extremely limited.   I am having the same issues as regular account holders, and one main issue is that I am receiving spam phone calls and spam text messages several times a day 6 days a week.   If you attempt to call or reply to this number to trace, the number comes up disconnected.  There is nothing ATT can do, because I have a Go-Phone believe me I have tried.   Do you know of any other way I can block these messages, I do know about the reject list, that only helps in incoming phone calls, and they still show up as missed calls.   The texts I can't find a solution.   I do not want to change my phone number, since too many people have as well as possible employers.   

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me

Smart Limits and Go-Phone

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 15, 2011 8:10:54 AM
(0)
Employee

Hi, irishgal59 - GoPhone users have access to our free AT&T Spam Controls for Wireless: http://www.att.net/smartcontrols-SpamControlsForWireless. In addition, you can text the actual spam message to short code 7726 (SPAM) to start an investigation. Thanks!

Hi, irishgal59 - GoPhone users have access to our free AT&T Spam Controls for Wireless: http://www.att.net/smartcontrols-SpamControlsForWireless. In addition, you can text the actual spam message to short code 7726 (SPAM) to start an investigation. Thanks!

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Smart Limits and Go-Phone

2 of 2 (1,299 Views)