Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 2, 2011
12:36:04 PM
View profile
Slow email Skyrocket

When I open up the email client  to check my  work email (Exchange server) there is considerable lag time between opening the app, and being able to open a specific message. It also hangs up when backing out of email.Is this an active synch or mail client problem?  Any solutions?

When I open up the email client  to check my  work email (Exchange server) there is considerable lag time between opening the app, and being able to open a specific message. It also hangs up when backing out of email.Is this an active synch or mail client problem?  Any solutions?

Slow email Skyrocket

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 2, 2011 3:53:48 PM
(0)
Scholar

can you try resetting your phone and make sure not a lot of things are running in the background

can you try resetting your phone and make sure not a lot of things are running in the background

Re: Slow email Skyrocket

2 of 4 (466 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 19, 2012 9:58:04 AM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by sampsonka4 on Feb 19, 2012 at 9:58:38 AM

My Skyocket does the exact same thing.  I removed the Exchange Account and then re-linked it and it worked fine for about 2 weeks.  Now it's back to the same painfully slow lag anytime I open emails, delete, etc.  Can take anywhere up to 30 seconds to respond.  Did you ever find a fix or solution?  The lag only occurs with Exchange accounts, not my Hotmail or Gmail accounts.  This is my work phone and at this time I'm considering switching phones if it doesn't do it's most basic function.  Love the phone otherwise though. BTW, my phone is stock and not rooted.  I'm not sure if that would fix anything except for voiding the warranty.

My Skyocket does the exact same thing.  I removed the Exchange Account and then re-linked it and it worked fine for about 2 weeks.  Now it's back to the same painfully slow lag anytime I open emails, delete, etc.  Can take anywhere up to 30 seconds to respond.  Did you ever find a fix or solution?  The lag only occurs with Exchange accounts, not my Hotmail or Gmail accounts.  This is my work phone and at this time I'm considering switching phones if it doesn't do it's most basic function.  Love the phone otherwise though. BTW, my phone is stock and not rooted.  I'm not sure if that would fix anything except for voiding the warranty.

[ Edited ]
3 of 4 (324 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 8, 2012 3:50:48 PM
(0)
Contributor

I have the same issue except my exchange email, hotmail and gmail are all slow.  .  Deleted and reloaded all email accounts and that fixed things for about 2 weeks and now I'm back to locking up and slooooww responses to every command.  Any answers?

I have the same issue except my exchange email, hotmail and gmail are all slow.  .  Deleted and reloaded all email accounts and that fixed things for about 2 weeks and now I'm back to locking up and slooooww responses to every command.  Any answers?

4 of 4 (272 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments