Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 22, 2011
5:59:03 PM
Skyrocket update, so wheres the original gs2 update?
So, according to DroidDog.com, att and Samsung have released an update for the Skyrocket which updates to android 2.3.6. I don't suppose we are going to see an update on the original GS2? Or am I just overly hopeful?
So, according to DroidDog.com, att and Samsung have released an update for the Skyrocket which updates to android 2.3.6. I don't suppose we are going to see an update on the original GS2? Or am I just overly hopeful?

Skyrocket update, so wheres the original gs2 update?

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 22, 2011 6:51:36 PM
(0)
Master
The only thing matters is ICS upda.
The only thing matters is ICS upda.

Re: Skyrocket update, so wheres the original gs2 update?

2 of 4 (1,187 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 22, 2011 9:59:52 PM
(0)
Scholar

I got an email from galaxys2forums.com "An Over-The-Air to Android 2.3.6 is pushing out now for AT&T's Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, do the following to get the latest update if you own a Samsung Galaxy S2 from AT&T."

Menu>Settings>Software update>Check for updates.

What's the deal? What would this android update just be for one specific phone from AT&T?

Seems like ics isn't all it's been cracked up to be.

I got an email from galaxys2forums.com "An Over-The-Air to Android 2.3.6 is pushing out now for AT&T's Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, do the following to get the latest update if you own a Samsung Galaxy S2 from AT&T."

Menu>Settings>Software update>Check for updates.

What's the deal? What would this android update just be for one specific phone from AT&T?

Seems like ics isn't all it's been cracked up to be.

3 of 4 (1,149 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 23, 2011 2:28:58 AM
(0)
Employee
Each update had to be phone specific add each phone had different hardware in it. Even the gs2 and the skyrocket are completely different phones as far as hardware
Each update had to be phone specific add each phone had different hardware in it. Even the gs2 and the skyrocket are completely different phones as far as hardware
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 4 (1,128 Views)