Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Feb 14, 2012
11:49:03 AM
View profile
Skyrocket cannot receive video messages from iphone

Everytime I my wife tries to send a video message from her iphone 4s to my Skyrocket, I get a black screen with nothing to see or a film reel looking emblem with an exclamation mark.  Sometimes I can hear the sound but still no video. Whats the problem?

Everytime I my wife tries to send a video message from her iphone 4s to my Skyrocket, I get a black screen with nothing to see or a film reel looking emblem with an exclamation mark.  Sometimes I can hear the sound but still no video. Whats the problem?

Skyrocket cannot receive video messages from iphone

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 17, 2012 2:01:59 PM
(0)
Contributor
Anyone?
Anyone?

Re: Skyrocket cannot receive video messages from iphone

2 of 5 (1,003 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 21, 2012 6:00:50 AM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by shollomon on Feb 21, 2012 at 6:01:23 AM

No native codec on android for playing back the MP4 format used by Apple's .mov files.  Sucks, I know.  Seems like they would have thought of that sort of thing, sorta like the fact that you also can't send texts with contact cards attached.  There is a solution however.  Install a video player that supports the file type and encoding, I use Dice player, you may like something else better.  When you try to play back the video the phone will ask you which app you want to play back with and give you the option to make it default so its automatic from then on.

No native codec on android for playing back the MP4 format used by Apple's .mov files.  Sucks, I know.  Seems like they would have thought of that sort of thing, sorta like the fact that you also can't send texts with contact cards attached.  There is a solution however.  Install a video player that supports the file type and encoding, I use Dice player, you may like something else better.  When you try to play back the video the phone will ask you which app you want to play back with and give you the option to make it default so its automatic from then on.

[ Edited ]
3 of 5 (964 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 21, 2012 7:41:33 AM
(0)
Master

Apple QuickTime video format -- the most hated file format. Most non-Apple system will have a hard time open these .mov files unless you find some 3rd party apps that can handle it.

Apple QuickTime video format -- the most hated file format. Most non-Apple system will have a hard time open these .mov files unless you find some 3rd party apps that can handle it.

4 of 5 (956 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 26, 2012 8:43:07 AM
(0)
Tutor

jaredm83 wrote:

I use the mobo player which is able to play the MOV formats without issue and just about anything else I throw at it.

jaredm83 wrote:

I use the mobo player which is able to play the MOV formats without issue and just about anything else I throw at it.

5 of 5 (905 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments