Skyrocket ICS out?

Mentor

Skyrocket ICS out?

A guy I know showed me ICS on his AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket running Android 4.0 / ICS. I checked for updates, but I don't have any updates. Did AT&T release it or not? Is there something wrong with my phone?

Message 1 of 37 (13,558 Views)
Scholar

Re: Skyrocket ICS out?

Unfortunately, Nova launcher is incompatible with Skyrocket.
Thanx in Advance
Message 16 of 37 (10,930 Views)
Scholar

Unfortunately, Apex launcher is incompatible with Skyrocket.
Thanx in Advance
Message 17 of 37 (10,930 Views)
Scholar

Again AT&T from AT&Tfacebook wrote that the ICS update will be released in the coming months. You can read all about it here:
http://www.att.com/gen/press-room?pid=22620&cdvn=news&newsarticleid=34101&mapcode=consumer
I checked the URL n saw that the announcement was announced on March 22, 2012. There written HTC Vivid™ will be the first U.S. smartphone to receive Ice Cream Sandwich as an update and the first to be issued by a wireless carrier. It will be followed by several other AT&T devices in the coming months. Now its June 2012. Coming months is not minimum satisfactory date or time frame
Thanx in Advance
Message 18 of 37 (10,375 Views)
Contributor

After Galaxy S3 launch.

Message 19 of 37 (10,338 Views)
Teacher

Wish I would have waited for the GS3, it is what I get for listening to a saleman. I should have never listened to him, I know that this phone will eventually get ICS, infact I have ICS 4.0.4 right now on my phone but the official release would allow for overclocking and proper stable roms. I just want the official update, at this rate I am just going to get the next Nexus phone straight from Google so I do not have to worry about updates having to pass through carriers.

Message 20 of 37 (10,009 Views)
Master

hatepump wrote:

Wish I would have waited for the GS3, it is what I get for listening to a saleman.

I you buy GS3 this month, you will say the samething 6 months down the road: you wish you would have waited for GS4 with Jelly Bean. Smiley Happy

Buy a phone already running  the the OS you wanted to have. There is never any guarantee if and when that phone will receive any future OS updates.

Message 21 of 37 (9,850 Views)
Scholar

try to handle customer smoothly, coz customer satisfaction in the main thing in a business
Message 22 of 37 (9,848 Views)
Highlighted
Scholar

T-Mobile announced the OS ICS for Samsung Galaxy S II (SGH-t989) Coming June 11th some days before. Better way to check for AT&T updates:
http://www.samsung.com/us/support/SupportOwnersFAQPopup.do?faq_id=FAQ00046726&fm_seq=49755#

http://www.att.com/gen/press-room?pid=22620&cdvn=news&newsarticleid=34101&mapcode=consumer
Message 23 of 37 (9,844 Views)
Teacher

Jelly bean is going to be a tablet optimized OS. I know tech is always moving forward but I would have been better off waiting. Don't get me wrong I love my skyrocket I just hate that I either have to wait for a carrier who is dragging their feet so people will get fed up and upgrade or I have to run an incomplete leaked build. My next phone will be purchased straight from google so I do not have to wait on carriers.

It's funny because I want to be mad but I know it is business. It is just stupid that we have to wait because AT&T wants to sell some phones before upgrading what is already released.
Message 24 of 37 (9,698 Views)

they just need to roll out updates quicker. When I bought the skyrocket it was because it had gingerbread and i was tried of waiting on an update on my other phone. now i'm waiting and waiting for Ics to hit the skyrocket.
Message 25 of 37 (9,675 Views)

Skyrocket may get delayed since it was recently discovered that it's vulnerable to Superbrick just like its less-mutated cousin, the I777.

http://www.xda-developers.com/android/determine-your-devices-hard-brick-risk-with-got-brickbug/

Message 26 of 37 (9,530 Views)
Teacher

Please check your facts Entropy.  Neither the Skyrocket nor the AT&T Note are affected by that bug.  They have the wrong processor.  IT's getting old watching you constantly post this crap.

Message 27 of 37 (9,464 Views)
Mentor

The latest from chainfire on xda says t989 and i727 have the bug also.
Message 28 of 37 (9,457 Views)
Teacher

Neither the SHG-I717 nor the SGH-I727 are on any site I can find concerning the brick bug.  The 727 is the Skyrocket.  The t989 is a Galaxy S II.  The Galaxy S II has a different radio and processor in it than the 717 and 727.  If you have used the brick bug detector put out by chainfire you would know that it checks the processor model to determine if you're at risk.  You people keep putting this crap on here could be ruining someone else's chance of getting either a Skyrocket or Note which are perfectly fine phones.  Do your research.  Reading is fundemental.

Message 29 of 37 (9,418 Views)
Mentor

[ Edited ]

My bad, you are right. Reading is fundamental. Its done like this, top to bottom, left to right. Here is the link.
http://www.xda-developers.com/android/samsung-diligently-working-towards-hardbrick-fix/

"We’ve contacted Samsung about the problem where performing a mmc erase could hardbrick your phone (i9100, i9100g, n7000, m250 – MAG4FA, VYL00M, and KYL00M with firmware revision 0×19 // T989 and I727 with fw rev 0×12) if it’s having a faulty emmc chip. Read this thread for more informations about it:  http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1644364"

If you check out the link at the end of the quote you will find several people with bricked skyrockets.

Message 30 of 37 (9,391 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.