Skyrocket ICS out?

Mentor

Skyrocket ICS out?

A guy I know showed me ICS on his AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket running Android 4.0 / ICS. I checked for updates, but I don't have any updates. Did AT&T release it or not? Is there something wrong with my phone?

Message 1 of 37 (13,560 Views)
Tutor

Re: Skyrocket ICS out?

I read article on this.  I know it is available for rooted devices.   i am stuck at 2.3.5  i wonr update

Message 2 of 37 (13,538 Views)
Mentor

How about it AT&T? Can you clarify what is going on?
Message 3 of 37 (13,494 Views)
Master

It is leaked but not yet released. It may not be the final version.
Message 4 of 37 (13,420 Views)
Voyager

anyone know an eta?  no one has been able to help me, and I am anxious

Message 5 of 37 (13,395 Views)
Master

No one other than AT&T knows the release date (and AT&T tradditionally never announce it publically). It could be from a few weeks to a few months. You never know.

Message 6 of 37 (13,322 Views)

foxbat121 wrote:

No one other than AT&T knows the release date (and AT&T tradditionally never announce it publically). It could be from a few weeks to a few months. You never know.

If the Infuse is any indication, probably 3-6 months minimum.

Infuse leaks started showing in September 2011, first release attempt wasn't until late January 2012, and that was pulled and the re-release (UCLB3) still hasn't happened.

I777 got a leak too, but it was fairly useless - the only thing it could've offered we don't already have thanks to the I9100 is NFC, but the I777 UCLC2 leak is completely missing NFC support.

Message 7 of 37 (13,306 Views)
Teacher

foxbat121 wrote:
It is leaked but not yet released. It may not be the final version.

It's fairly stable, but I wouldn't call it a "final" version.

Yeah, it has NFC and a few other goodies, but still has a few annoying bugs.

Functionaly it's about 98% ready to go.

Message 8 of 37 (13,266 Views)
Highlighted
Teacher

I have installed the leaked ICS on my Skyrocket.  All functionality is there.  Bluetooth works.  Calls work.  Whatever they call their store now will let me install ICS only apps.  It would also seem that the NFC stuff is there too.  Since there isn't anything available for me to test it with, I'm not sure if it is really on.  Pretty good set up.  Not quite ready for mainstream.  Something keeps making it force close once in a while.  Annoying when it happens but infrequent enough that I can cope.  I also have an option to keep the 4 main buttons at the bottom of the screen on.  Also have a restart option with the power options.  I wish my Transformer Prime had that restart option.  I didn't root.  It was an all in one package that set it up for me.  Would I install a legit version when Samsung releases it?  H&*#l yeah.  Transitions are smoother.  Battery lasts twice as long, too.  I don't plan on going back to Gingerbread unless that's what it takes to get the legit version of ICS when it's released.

Message 9 of 37 (13,267 Views)
Teacher

Loaded the leaked ICS rom last night, worked first time.  Rooted very easily and all my apps are restored.  Appearance wise I don't see a lot of change from previous, perhaps that is down to Touchwiz covering up the changes.  The phone does seem smoother some how, more fluid during screen swipes etc.  We'll see how things work today in a "production" environment.

Message 10 of 37 (12,717 Views)
Employee

Download nova launcher. Its an ICS launcher and it only works on ICS ROMs. I have it and its beautiful
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 11 of 37 (12,646 Views)
Teacher

JFizDaWiz wrote:
Download nova launcher. Its an ICS launcher and it only works on ICS ROMs. I have it and its beautiful

Try Apex launcher... smoother than Nova and more configurable. Smiley Wink

Message 12 of 37 (12,637 Views)
Teacher

After a day of running the leaked ICS ROM I am a  pretty happy camper.  Battery life seems better under th ICS ROM than the previous even though I was running juice defender on stock and managing battery life pretty aggressively.  No problems with the ROM noted at all given my use patterns.

One thing I was looking for ICS to bring that I can't find, direct camera access from the lock screen.  Is this something Samsung customized out of existence?

Message 13 of 37 (12,485 Views)
Scholar

Message 14 of 37 (11,874 Views)

im still waiting on this to come out! If att is really wanting people to keep their phones longer and stop burning through upgrades, upgrade software to what people want! people will bail from the skyrocket to the s3 just to get ics
Message 15 of 37 (10,948 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.