Skyrocket - Gorilla Glass?

Mentor

Skyrocket - Gorilla Glass?

Does the Skyrocket have Gorilla glass just most of the Samsung line? I read a few reviews where they said it did NOT have Gorilla Glass and want to make sure before I purchase one.

Thanks...

Message 1 of 21 (11,002 Views)
Teacher

Re: Skyrocket - Gorilla Glass?

Gorilla Glass is a trademarked name for the super hard glass produced by Corning. Others make glass that is just as good, but they can't call it Gorilla Glass. Just because a device doesn't have a  "Gorilla Glass" layer this doesn't mean that it isn't as good as one with it.

Message 16 of 21 (7,367 Views)
Contributor

It doesnt have gorilla glass, or possibly doesnt cuz I dropped mine today, and it cracked way too ez, Ive dropped my infuse and it got only chips a scratchs, no cracks in the screen.
Message 17 of 21 (6,807 Views)
Contributor

I dropped my Skyrocket today from a height of about 1.5 feet, and it cracked...fatally. I'm going to go with "no" on the issue of Gorilla Glass. I really enjoyed my Skyrocket, but I have to say that my new One X is a nice consolation prize...

Message 18 of 21 (5,913 Views)
Teacher

taigan wrote:

I dropped my Skyrocket today from a height of about 1.5 feet, and it cracked...fatally. I'm going to go with "no" on the issue of Gorilla Glass. I really enjoyed my Skyrocket, but I have to say that my new One X is a nice consolation prize...

Gorrila glass is not shatter proof or shatter resistant. (Ask any iPhone 4 / 4S owner)

It is harder to scratch and more flexible than regular glass, but will still shatter on impact just as easy as regular glass will..

Message 19 of 21 (5,778 Views)
Highlighted

I've never had an issue with my skyrocket, no screen protector or anything on it and it has no scratches, i've dropped it several times and it's never cracked (though the battery cover flies off easy!)
Message 20 of 21 (5,619 Views)
Scholar

Gorilla glass is not included as protection glass in Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket. But in Samsung Galxy SIII, there is latest hi tech Gorilla glassII is included as the protection.
Thanx in Advance
Message 21 of 21 (5,544 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.