Helpful Links

SkyRocket unable to recieve MMS videos

SkyRocket unable to recieve MMS videos

Hey, a friend of mine who has an IPhone 4 is trying to send me a video message. When she sends it I get a error picture on my  message preview box within the message app. It plays, but the video is black and I can hear audio.

Is this a known error?

Message 1 of 8
Master

Re: SkyRocket unable to recieve MMS videos

iPhones sens out QuickTime video. Most non-Apple phones don't have QuickTime video player. You will need to find a video player on the app market that is capable of playing back QuickTime video for your phone.

Message 2 of 8
Contributor

Thanks (forgive me for butting in, as I am hijacking a little bit)  

I have been having the same issue with a few of my friends and it neve occurred to me that it was a quicktime issue.   

Hope this helps the original poster as much as it did me Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 8
Mentor

I got it working by downloading Handcent SMS.  And use that a the default messaging app now.  I changed the mms size to 1.2 MB and now all pics & videos come through.

Message 4 of 8
Employee

IPhone doesn't adhere to size limitations which is why the default app won't accept them most times
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 8

Why isn't this a bigger issue ??
Message 6 of 8
Employee

Probably because most people don't use MMS anymore, its all Facebook and YouTube nowadays
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 7 of 8
Highlighted
Mentor

It should be a bigger issue.  My mom was ready to return her Skyrocket & go back to her Captivate if I  wouldn't have found a work around.  I exchange pics all the time and I wouldn't want a phone that couldn't receive pics.

Message 8 of 8
Share this topic
Announcements
Additional Support