Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 10, 2012
9:20:08 PM
SkyRocket unable to recieve MMS videos

Hey, a friend of mine who has an IPhone 4 is trying to send me a video message. When she sends it I get a error picture on my  message preview box within the message app. It plays, but the video is black and I can hear audio.

Is this a known error?

Hey, a friend of mine who has an IPhone 4 is trying to send me a video message. When she sends it I get a error picture on my  message preview box within the message app. It plays, but the video is black and I can hear audio.

Is this a known error?

SkyRocket unable to recieve MMS videos

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 11, 2012 7:53:21 AM
(0)
Master

iPhones sens out QuickTime video. Most non-Apple phones don't have QuickTime video player. You will need to find a video player on the app market that is capable of playing back QuickTime video for your phone.

iPhones sens out QuickTime video. Most non-Apple phones don't have QuickTime video player. You will need to find a video player on the app market that is capable of playing back QuickTime video for your phone.

Re: SkyRocket unable to recieve MMS videos

2 of 8 (754 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 11, 2012 3:04:20 PM
(0)
Contributor

Thanks (forgive me for butting in, as I am hijacking a little bit)  

I have been having the same issue with a few of my friends and it neve occurred to me that it was a quicktime issue.   

Hope this helps the original poster as much as it did me Smiley Happy

Thanks (forgive me for butting in, as I am hijacking a little bit)  

I have been having the same issue with a few of my friends and it neve occurred to me that it was a quicktime issue.   

Hope this helps the original poster as much as it did me Smiley Happy

3 of 8 (741 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 14, 2012 1:55:23 AM
(0)
Mentor

I got it working by downloading Handcent SMS.  And use that a the default messaging app now.  I changed the mms size to 1.2 MB and now all pics & videos come through.

I got it working by downloading Handcent SMS.  And use that a the default messaging app now.  I changed the mms size to 1.2 MB and now all pics & videos come through.

4 of 8 (716 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 15, 2012 2:12:58 AM
(0)
Employee
IPhone doesn't adhere to size limitations which is why the default app won't accept them most times
IPhone doesn't adhere to size limitations which is why the default app won't accept them most times
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 8 (701 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 18, 2012 10:52:44 PM
(0)
Guru
Why isn't this a bigger issue ??
Why isn't this a bigger issue ??

6 of 8 (660 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 19, 2012 6:50:24 AM
(0)
Employee
Probably because most people don't use MMS anymore, its all Facebook and YouTube nowadays
Probably because most people don't use MMS anymore, its all Facebook and YouTube nowadays
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

7 of 8 (649 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 19, 2012 4:18:35 PM
(0)
Mentor

It should be a bigger issue.  My mom was ready to return her Skyrocket & go back to her Captivate if I  wouldn't have found a work around.  I exchange pics all the time and I wouldn't want a phone that couldn't receive pics.

It should be a bigger issue.  My mom was ready to return her Skyrocket & go back to her Captivate if I  wouldn't have found a work around.  I exchange pics all the time and I wouldn't want a phone that couldn't receive pics.

8 of 8 (637 Views)