SkyRocket unable to recieve MMS videos

SkyRocket unable to recieve MMS videos

Hey, a friend of mine who has an IPhone 4 is trying to send me a video message. When she sends it I get a error picture on my  message preview box within the message app. It plays, but the video is black and I can hear audio.

Is this a known error?

Message 1 of 8
Master

Re: SkyRocket unable to recieve MMS videos

iPhones sens out QuickTime video. Most non-Apple phones don't have QuickTime video player. You will need to find a video player on the app market that is capable of playing back QuickTime video for your phone.

Message 2 of 8
Contributor

Thanks (forgive me for butting in, as I am hijacking a little bit)  

I have been having the same issue with a few of my friends and it neve occurred to me that it was a quicktime issue.   

Hope this helps the original poster as much as it did me Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 8
Highlighted
Mentor

I got it working by downloading Handcent SMS.  And use that a the default messaging app now.  I changed the mms size to 1.2 MB and now all pics & videos come through.

Message 4 of 8
Employee

IPhone doesn't adhere to size limitations which is why the default app won't accept them most times
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 8

Why isn't this a bigger issue ??
Message 6 of 8
Employee

Probably because most people don't use MMS anymore, its all Facebook and YouTube nowadays
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 7 of 8
Mentor

It should be a bigger issue.  My mom was ready to return her Skyrocket & go back to her Captivate if I  wouldn't have found a work around.  I exchange pics all the time and I wouldn't want a phone that couldn't receive pics.

Message 8 of 8
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support