SkyRocket HD? Release?

Scholar

SkyRocket HD? Release?

Anyone know when AT&T is suppose to release the SkyRocket HD?  I'm referring to the one with the HD screen.  Thanks

Message 1 of 13 (1,699 Views)
Scholar

Re: SkyRocket HD? Release?

Anyone?  AT&T?

Message 2 of 13 (1,476 Views)
Employee

No date yet
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 13 (1,456 Views)
Scholar

A few AT&T stores are saying this week.  Hmmmmmmm

Message 4 of 13 (1,434 Views)
Scholar

I'm starting to think this device has been cancelled.  The longer AT&T waits, the less devices they'll sell.  Why would anyone want this with the GSIII on the horizon or HTC One X?  AT&T needs to get this out ASAP for it to have any success.  

Message 5 of 13 (1,333 Views)
Employee

Yeah but the GSIII comes out they'll be talking about a new phone by then as well. This is why I don't sign contracts and just buy phones full out and sell the old one.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 6 of 13 (1,290 Views)
Master

[ Edited ]

Skyrocket HD will be another 'Infuse': released too late for its hardware specs (it is practically a last year's spec) with an outdated OS (I'd bet it is still GB). A year later, those unfortunate owners will ask where is ICS update? Just like Infuse owners did (they just got official GB release a few days ago).

Message 7 of 13 (1,245 Views)
Scholar

I buy phones outright too.  Not worth signing a contract for.  I'm debating on just picking up the Original SR.  

Message 8 of 13 (1,219 Views)
Highlighted
Scholar

Still not a peep on this phone.  

Message 9 of 13 (877 Views)
Master

Unless this phone comes out for free, there is zero sense to buy it right now. HTC One X is going to be on sale May 6th and GS3 a few months after. Both will be running new QualComm S4 processor, significantly faster than the poor S3 used in Skyrocket/Skyrocket HD. And these two new phones also come with HD screen as well. So, why anyone bother to even think about SR HD anymore?

Message 10 of 13 (862 Views)
Employee

HD SAMOLED is reason enough
Employee Contributor*
Message 11 of 13 (857 Views)
Master

JFizDaWiz wrote:
HD SAMOLED is reason enough

Most reviews say HTC One X's SLCD2 HD screen is better than HD SAMOLED on GNexus. Besides, GS3 is expected to have a better screen than the current HD SAMOLED.

Also, both will come with ICS preloaded. Not so much for SR HD which probably will still be GB and wait another year or so to land ICS update.

Message 12 of 13 (849 Views)
Scholar

Yea I'm probably going to buy the ONE X instead but I am curious to know what had happened with phone?

Message 13 of 13 (806 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.