Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 8, 2012
5:55:24 PM
View profile
SkyRocket HD? Release?

Anyone know when AT&T is suppose to release the SkyRocket HD?  I'm referring to the one with the HD screen.  Thanks

Anyone know when AT&T is suppose to release the SkyRocket HD?  I'm referring to the one with the HD screen.  Thanks

SkyRocket HD? Release?

12 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(12)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 9, 2012 5:54:56 PM
(0)
Scholar

Anyone?  AT&T?

Anyone?  AT&T?

Re: SkyRocket HD? Release?

2 of 13 (1,435 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 10, 2012 12:03:11 AM
(0)
Employee
No date yet
No date yet
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

3 of 13 (1,415 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 10, 2012 9:16:48 AM
(0)
Scholar

A few AT&T stores are saying this week.  Hmmmmmmm

A few AT&T stores are saying this week.  Hmmmmmmm

4 of 13 (1,393 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 12, 2012 10:34:27 AM
(0)
Scholar

I'm starting to think this device has been cancelled.  The longer AT&T waits, the less devices they'll sell.  Why would anyone want this with the GSIII on the horizon or HTC One X?  AT&T needs to get this out ASAP for it to have any success.  

I'm starting to think this device has been cancelled.  The longer AT&T waits, the less devices they'll sell.  Why would anyone want this with the GSIII on the horizon or HTC One X?  AT&T needs to get this out ASAP for it to have any success.  

5 of 13 (1,292 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 12, 2012 4:38:32 PM
(0)
Employee
Yeah but the GSIII comes out they'll be talking about a new phone by then as well. This is why I don't sign contracts and just buy phones full out and sell the old one.
Yeah but the GSIII comes out they'll be talking about a new phone by then as well. This is why I don't sign contracts and just buy phones full out and sell the old one.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

6 of 13 (1,249 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 13, 2012 6:26:11 AM
(0)
Master
Edited by foxbat121 on Apr 13, 2012 at 6:26:35 AM

Skyrocket HD will be another 'Infuse': released too late for its hardware specs (it is practically a last year's spec) with an outdated OS (I'd bet it is still GB). A year later, those unfortunate owners will ask where is ICS update? Just like Infuse owners did (they just got official GB release a few days ago).

Skyrocket HD will be another 'Infuse': released too late for its hardware specs (it is practically a last year's spec) with an outdated OS (I'd bet it is still GB). A year later, those unfortunate owners will ask where is ICS update? Just like Infuse owners did (they just got official GB release a few days ago).

[ Edited ]
7 of 13 (1,204 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 13, 2012 10:40:37 AM
(0)
Scholar

I buy phones outright too.  Not worth signing a contract for.  I'm debating on just picking up the Original SR.  

I buy phones outright too.  Not worth signing a contract for.  I'm debating on just picking up the Original SR.  

8 of 13 (1,178 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 27, 2012 5:58:45 PM
(0)
Scholar

Still not a peep on this phone.  

Still not a peep on this phone.  

9 of 13 (836 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 28, 2012 7:12:10 AM
(0)
Master

Unless this phone comes out for free, there is zero sense to buy it right now. HTC One X is going to be on sale May 6th and GS3 a few months after. Both will be running new QualComm S4 processor, significantly faster than the poor S3 used in Skyrocket/Skyrocket HD. And these two new phones also come with HD screen as well. So, why anyone bother to even think about SR HD anymore?

Unless this phone comes out for free, there is zero sense to buy it right now. HTC One X is going to be on sale May 6th and GS3 a few months after. Both will be running new QualComm S4 processor, significantly faster than the poor S3 used in Skyrocket/Skyrocket HD. And these two new phones also come with HD screen as well. So, why anyone bother to even think about SR HD anymore?

10 of 13 (821 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 28, 2012 7:50:05 AM
(0)
Employee
HD SAMOLED is reason enough

11 of 13 (816 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 28, 2012 11:38:32 AM
(0)
Master

JFizDaWiz wrote:

Most reviews say HTC One X's SLCD2 HD screen is better than HD SAMOLED on GNexus. Besides, GS3 is expected to have a better screen than the current HD SAMOLED.

Also, both will come with ICS preloaded. Not so much for SR HD which probably will still be GB and wait another year or so to land ICS update.

JFizDaWiz wrote:

Most reviews say HTC One X's SLCD2 HD screen is better than HD SAMOLED on GNexus. Besides, GS3 is expected to have a better screen than the current HD SAMOLED.

Also, both will come with ICS preloaded. Not so much for SR HD which probably will still be GB and wait another year or so to land ICS update.

12 of 13 (808 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 29, 2012 1:40:18 PM
(0)
Scholar

Yea I'm probably going to buy the ONE X instead but I am curious to know what had happened with phone?

Yea I'm probably going to buy the ONE X instead but I am curious to know what had happened with phone?

13 of 13 (765 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments