Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 9, 2011
4:22:52 AM
View profile
Siri not working!!!!

I got my iphone 4s last Friday, Siri worked fine for two days, but since then she just responds she can't take any request right now. I have tried all the suggestions I have found online....Disappointing! Any suggestions?

I got my iphone 4s last Friday, Siri worked fine for two days, but since then she just responds she can't take any request right now. I have tried all the suggestions I have found online....Disappointing! Any suggestions?

Siri not working!!!!

21 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(21)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 9, 2011 4:39:29 AM
(0)
Scholar

mswjenkins wrote:

SIRI goes down from time to time.... You just have to wait till it gets back up.

Its in beta so It's a work in progress. 

mswjenkins wrote:

SIRI goes down from time to time.... You just have to wait till it gets back up.

Its in beta so It's a work in progress. 

Re: Siri not working!!!!

2 of 22 (1,302 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 9, 2011 7:05:13 AM
(0)
Expert

Also - Apple Support boards would be a good place to follow up on this

https://discussions.apple.com/index.jspa

Also - Apple Support boards would be a good place to follow up on this

https://discussions.apple.com/index.jspa

3 of 22 (1,266 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 9, 2011 12:50:48 PM
(0)
Guru
It hasn't been working at all for me today.
It hasn't been working at all for me today.

4 of 22 (1,229 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 9, 2011 4:54:38 PM
(0)
Teacher
Just checked SIRI is working here in Florida.
Just checked SIRI is working here in Florida.

5 of 22 (1,194 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 9, 2011 7:31:44 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by Wild Banchi on Dec 9, 2011 at 7:33:08 PM

Is Siri usually that unreliable? It's such a neat feature that would be awesome to witness when it does work correctly.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Is Siri usually that unreliable? It's such a neat feature that would be awesome to witness when it does work correctly.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
6 of 22 (1,175 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 10, 2011 4:25:37 AM
(0)
Expert

Wild Banchi wrote:

Siri si beta software still in testing and developement, beta software can be very unreliable in different senarios

Wild Banchi wrote:

Siri si beta software still in testing and developement, beta software can be very unreliable in different senarios

7 of 22 (1,153 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 10, 2011 7:03:42 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Wild Banchi wrote:

The data center(s) running the backend are really not anywhere near up to meeting the load. Which is one of the reasons why Siri isn't available on ALL iOS5 devices.

Wild Banchi wrote:

The data center(s) running the backend are really not anywhere near up to meeting the load. Which is one of the reasons why Siri isn't available on ALL iOS5 devices.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

8 of 22 (1,139 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 10, 2011 5:41:03 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
If Apple tweaked the software some more and made Siri more reliable, it would be very, very cool to use. It still is, but if it worked every time there is an active wireless connection, that would be even better.

If Apple tweaked the software some more and made Siri more reliable, it would be very, very cool to use. It still is, but if it worked every time there is an active wireless connection, that would be even better.

9 of 22 (1,109 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 11, 2011 5:11:22 AM
(0)
Guru
I don't have any real problems with using Siri. 98% of the time I go to use Siri it's up and working and I use it quite a bit.
I don't have any real problems with using Siri. 98% of the time I go to use Siri it's up and working and I use it quite a bit.

10 of 22 (1,085 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 12, 2011 6:56:55 AM
(0)
Guru

Facci wrote:

Well if you "don't have any real problems with using Siri", then I guess you shouldn't have posted the following in your earlier post in this thread:

"It hasn't been working at all for me today."

Now I know you implied that Siri doesn't work for you 2% of the time--that's not what I'm nitpicking about; it's where you said that you don't have any "real" problems, yet admitted that previously it wasn't "working at all" on a previous day.  How is "not working at all" not considered a "real" problem in your mind?  Or, what would you consider as a "real" problem when it comes to using Siri? Smiley Wink

Facci wrote:

Well if you "don't have any real problems with using Siri", then I guess you shouldn't have posted the following in your earlier post in this thread:

"It hasn't been working at all for me today."

Now I know you implied that Siri doesn't work for you 2% of the time--that's not what I'm nitpicking about; it's where you said that you don't have any "real" problems, yet admitted that previously it wasn't "working at all" on a previous day.  How is "not working at all" not considered a "real" problem in your mind?  Or, what would you consider as a "real" problem when it comes to using Siri? Smiley Wink

11 of 22 (894 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 12, 2011 12:15:32 PM
(0)
Guru
Edited by ShaunMN on Dec 12, 2011 at 1:39:37 PM

{please keep it courteous} Just because something is not working one day, I wouldn't consider that a "real problem"! Since purchasing 2 4S's a month or so ago, we have had very little problems using Siri except for it being out for that one day but I thought the posts could have been understood by a 5 year old but...

{please keep it courteous} Just because something is not working one day, I wouldn't consider that a "real problem"! Since purchasing 2 4S's a month or so ago, we have had very little problems using Siri except for it being out for that one day but I thought the posts could have been understood by a 5 year old but...

[ Edited ]
12 of 22 (879 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 14, 2011 11:51:17 AM
(0)
Guru

Facci wrote:

If you consider a one-day outage not to be a "real" problem...then why even bother letting other folks know that you had a problem that you wouldn't consider "real" to begin with?  I mean, I don't typically go around telling folks about problems that I wouldn't consider "real" and thus not even worth mentioning about but hey, I guess different strokes for different folks...even if they're 5-year olds. Smiley Wink

Facci wrote:

If you consider a one-day outage not to be a "real" problem...then why even bother letting other folks know that you had a problem that you wouldn't consider "real" to begin with?  I mean, I don't typically go around telling folks about problems that I wouldn't consider "real" and thus not even worth mentioning about but hey, I guess different strokes for different folks...even if they're 5-year olds. Smiley Wink

13 of 22 (823 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 14, 2011 3:46:14 PM
(0)
Expert

tonester wrote:

Facci wrote:

considering itis still labeled as beta software a one day outage is not a big issue. just preception.

tonester wrote:

Facci wrote:

considering itis still labeled as beta software a one day outage is not a big issue. just preception.

14 of 22 (811 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 14, 2011 5:42:21 PM
(0)
Guru

tonester wrote:

Facci wrote:

Maybe you should go back and re-read this who thread. I wasn't the OP, I was just contributing my experience. If you don't like what I had to say than just keep on reading. We've had our 4S's for more than 45 days. So having it not work for 1 of those days(which is about 2%), to me, is not a real problem. I unlike some people expect things to work 100% of the time. I understand that there are outages and problems, especially seeing that this is only a beta!

tonester wrote:

Facci wrote:

Maybe you should go back and re-read this who thread. I wasn't the OP, I was just contributing my experience. If you don't like what I had to say than just keep on reading. We've had our 4S's for more than 45 days. So having it not work for 1 of those days(which is about 2%), to me, is not a real problem. I unlike some people expect things to work 100% of the time. I understand that there are outages and problems, especially seeing that this is only a beta!

15 of 22 (802 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 14, 2011 6:21:47 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Really? Arguing over something so simple? Picking out sentences that seem to contradict each other in the very slightest of ways? C'mon, now...

If you have something non-productive to say, might as well not mention it.

Really? Arguing over something so simple? Picking out sentences that seem to contradict each other in the very slightest of ways? C'mon, now...

If you have something non-productive to say, might as well not mention it.

16 of 22 (799 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 14, 2011 6:44:36 PM
(0)
Professor

SIRI works for me.

SIRI works for me.

hello!!!

17 of 22 (796 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 16, 2011 12:41:49 AM
(0)
Scholar

It sure does go down a lot during this beta phase -- I just wish that when it did go down, you could still do the basic voice commands -- the ones you could do before Siri, like dialing, time-check, etc.

It sure does go down a lot during this beta phase -- I just wish that when it did go down, you could still do the basic voice commands -- the ones you could do before Siri, like dialing, time-check, etc.

18 of 22 (767 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 16, 2011 6:55:36 AM
(0)
Professor

i never seen a down time for SIRI on my 4S yet. i use it at least once a day.

i never seen a down time for SIRI on my 4S yet. i use it at least once a day.

hello!!!

19 of 22 (757 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 16, 2011 4:26:01 PM
(0)
Mentor

For me it doesn't work MOST of the time.  I for one would like to have my Microsoft Voice Command or something like it for my iPhone 4s.  It wasn't as flashy and neat as Siri (when siri works), but while driving it would always make hands free phone calls for me.  That is more important to me than the other stuff siri will do if it works.  (should have stayed with microsoft phone).  If something doesn't improve this will be the last apple product I will Buy!Smiley Sad

For me it doesn't work MOST of the time.  I for one would like to have my Microsoft Voice Command or something like it for my iPhone 4s.  It wasn't as flashy and neat as Siri (when siri works), but while driving it would always make hands free phone calls for me.  That is more important to me than the other stuff siri will do if it works.  (should have stayed with microsoft phone).  If something doesn't improve this will be the last apple product I will Buy!Smiley Sad

20 of 22 (742 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 17, 2011 8:50:23 AM
(0)
Guru

You know what I find a bit amusing?  It almost seems as if more than a few folks are insinuating that we should cut Apple a little slack because after all, they did state that Siri is beta software.  However, if it were beta software running on any other non-Apple device and/or OS and was showing growing pains...Apple fanboys would probably be all over those manufacturers/devices in a heartbeat.

You know what I find a bit amusing?  It almost seems as if more than a few folks are insinuating that we should cut Apple a little slack because after all, they did state that Siri is beta software.  However, if it were beta software running on any other non-Apple device and/or OS and was showing growing pains...Apple fanboys would probably be all over those manufacturers/devices in a heartbeat.

21 of 22 (724 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 19, 2011 1:05:17 AM
(0)
Scholar
I hated the British Siri guy on my phone
And set the Aussie woman can reveal she's working here to not impressed about the weather forecast thanks Siri lol
I hated the British Siri guy on my phone
And set the Aussie woman can reveal she's working here to not impressed about the weather forecast thanks Siri lol

22 of 22 (702 Views)