Siri not working!!!!

Contributor

Siri not working!!!!

I got my iphone 4s last Friday, Siri worked fine for two days, but since then she just responds she can't take any request right now. I have tried all the suggestions I have found online....Disappointing! Any suggestions?

1,399 Views
Message 1 of 22
Highlighted
Scholar

Re: Siri not working!!!!


mswjenkins wrote:

I got my iphone 4s last Friday, Siri worked fine for two days, but since then she just responds she can't take any request right now. I have tried all the suggestions I have found online....Disappointing! Any suggestions?


 

SIRI goes down from time to time.... You just have to wait till it gets back up.

 

Its in beta so It's a work in progress. 

Message 2 of 22
Expert

Re: Siri not working!!!!

Also - Apple Support boards would be a good place to follow up on this

 

https://discussions.apple.com/index.jspa

Message 3 of 22
Guru

Re: Siri not working!!!!

It hasn't been working at all for me today.
Message 4 of 22
Teacher

Re: Siri not working!!!!

Just checked SIRI is working here in Florida.
Message 5 of 22
Master

Re: Siri not working!!!!

Is Siri usually that unreliable? It's such a neat feature that would be awesome to witness when it does work correctly.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy



Message 6 of 22
Expert

Re: Siri not working!!!!


Wild Banchi wrote:

Is Siri usually that unreliable? It's such a neat feature that would be awesome to witness when it does work correctly.



Siri si beta software still in testing and developement, beta software can be very unreliable in different senarios

Message 7 of 22
ACE - Professor

Re: Siri not working!!!!


Wild Banchi wrote:

Is Siri usually that unreliable? It's such a neat feature that would be awesome to witness when it does work correctly.


The data center(s) running the backend are really not anywhere near up to meeting the load. Which is one of the reasons why Siri isn't available on ALL iOS5 devices.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 8 of 22
Master

Re: Siri not working!!!!

If Apple tweaked the software some more and made Siri more reliable, it would be very, very cool to use. It still is, but if it worked every time there is an active wireless connection, that would be even better.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy



Message 9 of 22
Guru

Re: Siri not working!!!!

I don't have any real problems with using Siri. 98% of the time I go to use Siri it's up and working and I use it quite a bit.
Message 10 of 22
Guru

Re: Siri not working!!!!


Facci wrote:
I don't have any real problems with using Siri. 98% of the time I go to use Siri it's up and working and I use it quite a bit.

Well if you "don't have any real problems with using Siri", then I guess you shouldn't have posted the following in your earlier post in this thread:

 

"It hasn't been working at all for me today."

 

Now I know you implied that Siri doesn't work for you 2% of the time--that's not what I'm nitpicking about; it's where you said that you don't have any "real" problems, yet admitted that previously it wasn't "working at all" on a previous day.  How is "not working at all" not considered a "real" problem in your mind?  Or, what would you consider as a "real" problem when it comes to using Siri? Smiley Wink

Message 11 of 22
Guru

Re: Siri not working!!!!

{please keep it courteous} Just because something is not working one day, I wouldn't consider that a "real problem"! Since purchasing 2 4S's a month or so ago, we have had very little problems using Siri except for it being out for that one day but I thought the posts could have been understood by a 5 year old but...

Message 12 of 22
Guru

Re: Siri not working!!!!


Facci wrote:

{please keep it courteous} Just because something is not working one day, I wouldn't consider that a "real problem"! Since purchasing 2 4S's a month or so ago, we have had very little problems using Siri except for it being out for that one day but I thought the posts could have been understood by a 5 year old but...


If you consider a one-day outage not to be a "real" problem...then why even bother letting other folks know that you had a problem that you wouldn't consider "real" to begin with?  I mean, I don't typically go around telling folks about problems that I wouldn't consider "real" and thus not even worth mentioning about but hey, I guess different strokes for different folks...even if they're 5-year olds. Smiley Wink

Message 13 of 22
Expert

Re: Siri not working!!!!


tonester wrote:

Facci wrote:

{please keep it courteous} Just because something is not working one day, I wouldn't consider that a "real problem"! Since purchasing 2 4S's a month or so ago, we have had very little problems using Siri except for it being out for that one day but I thought the posts could have been understood by a 5 year old but...


If you consider a one-day outage not to be a "real" problem...then why even bother letting other folks know that you had a problem that you wouldn't consider "real" to begin with?  I mean, I don't typically go around telling folks about problems that I wouldn't consider "real" and thus not even worth mentioning about but hey, I guess different strokes for different folks...even if they're 5-year olds. Smiley Wink


considering itis still labeled as beta software a one day outage is not a big issue. just preception.

Message 14 of 22
Guru

Re: Siri not working!!!!


tonester wrote:

Facci wrote:

{please keep it courteous} Just because something is not working one day, I wouldn't consider that a "real problem"! Since purchasing 2 4S's a month or so ago, we have had very little problems using Siri except for it being out for that one day but I thought the posts could have been understood by a 5 year old but...


If you consider a one-day outage not to be a "real" problem...then why even bother letting other folks know that you had a problem that you wouldn't consider "real" to begin with?  I mean, I don't typically go around telling folks about problems that I wouldn't consider "real" and thus not even worth mentioning about but hey, I guess different strokes for different folks...even if they're 5-year olds. Smiley Wink


Maybe you should go back and re-read this who thread. I wasn't the OP, I was just contributing my experience. If you don't like what I had to say than just keep on reading. We've had our 4S's for more than 45 days. So having it not work for 1 of those days(which is about 2%), to me, is not a real problem. I unlike some people expect things to work 100% of the time. I understand that there are outages and problems, especially seeing that this is only a beta!
Message 15 of 22
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support