Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Feb 8, 2012
1:06:20 PM
View profile
Single phone with 768k DSL?

I have reviewed the listed broadband requirements for the Microcell (4 phones =1.5mbps down, 0.25mbps up), as well as the real world tests in the Anandtech review (~50kbps for each call).

If I have only one phone that is going to be using the device, it seems like a 768k DSL line should be fine.  1/2 the rated speed, but only 1/4 of the devices.

Running tests with the speedtest.net app shows the line with a 40ms ping, 0.6mbps down,and 0.33mbps up

Is anyone else running a similar setup?  

I have reviewed the listed broadband requirements for the Microcell (4 phones =1.5mbps down, 0.25mbps up), as well as the real world tests in the Anandtech review (~50kbps for each call).

If I have only one phone that is going to be using the device, it seems like a 768k DSL line should be fine.  1/2 the rated speed, but only 1/4 of the devices.

Running tests with the speedtest.net app shows the line with a 40ms ping, 0.6mbps down,and 0.33mbps up

Single phone with 768k DSL?

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 10, 2012 5:07:52 PM
(0)
Mentor
I heard of it run on slower speeds but if it doesn't work then don't expect to get a lot of support on it. .6 down is pushing it though and if you do anything else at all on the net with those speeds then it will affect it a lot.
I heard of it run on slower speeds but if it doesn't work then don't expect to get a lot of support on it. .6 down is pushing it though and if you do anything else at all on the net with those speeds then it will affect it a lot.

Re: Single phone with 768k DSL?

2 of 3 (1,235 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 13, 2012 1:24:59 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

st-e wrote:

I'd look for another provider if possible. If you're only getting about 1/2 of what your "up to" rate is then there is something wrong. Check the wiring and connections at the MPOE, fitler placement, etc. You will have difficulty with a MicroCell at those speeds.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

st-e wrote:

I'd look for another provider if possible. If you're only getting about 1/2 of what your "up to" rate is then there is something wrong. Check the wiring and connections at the MPOE, fitler placement, etc. You will have difficulty with a MicroCell at those speeds.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Single phone with 768k DSL?

3 of 3 (1,214 Views)