Single phone with 768k DSL?

Contributor

Single phone with 768k DSL?

I have reviewed the listed broadband requirements for the Microcell (4 phones =1.5mbps down, 0.25mbps up), as well as the real world tests in the Anandtech review (~50kbps for each call).

If I have only one phone that is going to be using the device, it seems like a 768k DSL line should be fine.  1/2 the rated speed, but only 1/4 of the devices.

Running tests with the speedtest.net app shows the line with a 40ms ping, 0.6mbps down,and 0.33mbps up

Is anyone else running a similar setup?  

Message 1 of 3

Re: Single phone with 768k DSL?

I heard of it run on slower speeds but if it doesn't work then don't expect to get a lot of support on it. .6 down is pushing it though and if you do anything else at all on the net with those speeds then it will affect it a lot.
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
ACE - Master

Re: Single phone with 768k DSL?

st-e wrote:

I have reviewed the listed broadband requirements for the Microcell (4 phones =1.5mbps down, 0.25mbps up), as well as the real world tests in the Anandtech review (~50kbps for each call).

If I have only one phone that is going to be using the device, it seems like a 768k DSL line should be fine.  1/2 the rated speed, but only 1/4 of the devices.

Running tests with the speedtest.net app shows the line with a 40ms ping, 0.6mbps down,and 0.33mbps up

Is anyone else running a similar setup?  

I'd look for another provider if possible. If you're only getting about 1/2 of what your "up to" rate is then there is something wrong. Check the wiring and connections at the MPOE, fitler placement, etc. You will have difficulty with a MicroCell at those speeds.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

"Quick Tips: My Microcell Doesn't Work"

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTMobilityCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support