Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 27, 2013
9:13:58 AM
View profile
Simultaneous video record on Galaxy S4 using front and rear facing camera

Hello

I already know how to use the Camera application to simultaneously record video on both the front and rear facing camera -- with the supplied camera application - using the Samsung Galaxy S4.

I am in search of a code sample in Java so that I can incorporate the ability to simultaneously record video on both the front and rear facing camera in my application using the Galaxy S4.

I have contacted Samsung and quite frankly, their tech support is useless. I even had two folks tell me that it is not possible . when, if they follow directions on the Internet, the camera application supplied with the Samsung S IV records beautifully simultaneously with both front and rear facing camera.

Thanks

Hello

I already know how to use the Camera application to simultaneously record video on both the front and rear facing camera -- with the supplied camera application - using the Samsung Galaxy S4.

I am in search of a code sample in Java so that I can incorporate the ability to simultaneously record video on both the front and rear facing camera in my application using the Galaxy S4.

I have contacted Samsung and quite frankly, their tech support is useless. I even had two folks tell me that it is not possible . when, if they follow directions on the Internet, the camera application supplied with the Samsung S IV records beautifully simultaneously with both front and rear facing camera.

Thanks

Simultaneous video record on Galaxy S4 using front and rear facing camera

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 27, 2013 9:34:39 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Just because Samsung app can do it doesn't mean any app can. These APIs are going to be Samsung-specific (they won't be in the normal Android SDK) and it's up to Samsung to decide whether they want to release them or keep them private. When and if they make the API public it should appear here. I assume you've already seen this — in my experience, if stack overflow doesn't have an answer, then it can't be done.

Just because Samsung app can do it doesn't mean any app can. These APIs are going to be Samsung-specific (they won't be in the normal Android SDK) and it's up to Samsung to decide whether they want to release them or keep them private. When and if they make the API public it should appear here. I assume you've already seen this — in my experience, if stack overflow doesn't have an answer, then it can't be done.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Simultaneous video record on Galaxy S4 using front and rear facing camera

2 of 2 (175 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments