Simple Question...but no one answers

Contributor

Simple Question...but no one answers

I've tried going through the Blackberry site, but I've gotten the run around.

I just want to know if there is a Blackberry that can play video? I need to see wmv files on my phone.

I was told at an ATT store that there are no Blackberry devices that show video, but when you go to their site you see the work "video" all over the place.

I contacted them and they emailed me and told me lots of stuff, but never answered my question. I emailed them back to point out that they did not answer the question and never heard from them again. It's like Blackberry doesn't even know what their product does. Very strange.

Does anyone out there have a Blackberry that gets video?
Message 1 of 6 (1,921 Views)
Teacher

Re: Simple Question...but no one answers

NO VIDEO ON BLACKBERRIES
Message 2 of 6 (1,910 Views)
Professor

You can watch videos but not record them.
Message 3 of 6 (1,899 Views)
Master

TNgal22 wrote:
You can watch videos but not record them.

Absolutely, there is no video streaming either.
Message 4 of 6 (1,869 Views)
Scholar

BB will play video but not sure about WMV files.  You may have to convert it to a file BB will play.

There's a talk about new 4.3 OS being able to record video but no one knows for sure when it will be avaliable.
Message 5 of 6 (1,857 Views)
Highlighted
Professor

BBs most certainly WILL play movies! I have 2 DVDs on the MicroSD card in my 8310. You can't play WMVs, but Media Manager, which comes with the phone, will convert a WMV to an MP4 that the phone can play. There's also a free video converter available here that will convert videos and unprotected DVDs to AVI files that can be played.
Message 6 of 6 (1,811 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.