Sim card question

Teacher

Sim card question

I have a iPhone 4 and a few months ago I got the galaxy s 2. Now don't get me wrong it's a great phone but the battery life sucks, I've had to format the SD card 4 times, and hard reset 2 times. A phone like that should have to do that.

So if I take my iPhone back to at&t and tell them I want to turn that sim card back on (the iPhone's sim card is a mirco sim and GS2 is normal "4G" sim card" will they charge me a activation fee or a upgrade fee? 

Message 1 of 8 (880 Views)
Professor

Re: Sim card question

There souldn't be a charge. I don't think they can reactivate a SIM card, buit they should give you a new one free of charge.

Message 2 of 8 (865 Views)
Teacher

[ Edited ]

would i get a new number?

Message 3 of 8 (858 Views)
Professor

Are you using the same number on the Samsung? They can activate a new SIM card under the same number.

Message 4 of 8 (847 Views)
Teacher

yes i'm using the same number on the samsung
Message 5 of 8 (840 Views)
Professor

Then they'll deactivate the SIM in the Samsung and activate a new micro SIM for the iPhone. There shouldn't be any charge.

Message 6 of 8 (832 Views)
Teacher

thanks for the help!
Message 7 of 8 (818 Views)
Guru

I believe they will charge you an activation fee of $18. They did it when I switched my daughter to an iPhone 4.
Message 8 of 8 (791 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.