Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 28, 2011
7:45:54 PM
View profile
Sim card for iPhone

I was wondering if i needed a specific 3G sim card to use for the iPhone to get 3G connection, or if i can just use a regular sim card that I can get from a cheap prepaid phone?  Thanks!

I was wondering if i needed a specific 3G sim card to use for the iPhone to get 3G connection, or if i can just use a regular sim card that I can get from a cheap prepaid phone?  Thanks!

Sim card for iPhone

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 28, 2011 9:15:52 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

corrovization wrote:

It all depends on which generation iPhone you plan on using.

If you're wanting to use an iPhone 2G, a regular non-3G SIM card would work fine. If it's an iPhone 3G/3GS, then you would need a 3G SIM to be able to experience 3G speeds.

I'm assuming that you're wanting to use a prepaid iPhone as a GoPhone. A GoPhone 3G SIM would also work. If it's an iPhone 4, you will need a special SIM card called a MicroSIM to fit the iPhone 4's smaller slot.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

corrovization wrote:

It all depends on which generation iPhone you plan on using.

If you're wanting to use an iPhone 2G, a regular non-3G SIM card would work fine. If it's an iPhone 3G/3GS, then you would need a 3G SIM to be able to experience 3G speeds.

I'm assuming that you're wanting to use a prepaid iPhone as a GoPhone. A GoPhone 3G SIM would also work. If it's an iPhone 4, you will need a special SIM card called a MicroSIM to fit the iPhone 4's smaller slot.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Sim card for iPhone

2 of 3 (472 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 29, 2011 4:07:21 AM
(0)
Professor

Keep in mind that the iPhone is not authorized by AT&T to be used on their pre-paid service.  If/when you are caught, they will terminate your prepaid account or move you to a post paid account.

Keep in mind that the iPhone is not authorized by AT&T to be used on their pre-paid service.  If/when you are caught, they will terminate your prepaid account or move you to a post paid account.

Re: Sim card for iPhone

3 of 3 (458 Views)