Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 20, 2011
7:34:28 AM
View profile
Sim card for iPad

I recently relocated to U.S from China. I have an iPad purchased in Singapore. While I lived in China, I used a pre-paid sim card purchased from ChinaMobile to activate 3G for my iPad.  How do I get this here in the U.S ? Can AT&T help ?

I recently relocated to U.S from China. I have an iPad purchased in Singapore. While I lived in China, I used a pre-paid sim card purchased from ChinaMobile to activate 3G for my iPad.  How do I get this here in the U.S ? Can AT&T help ?

Sim card for iPad

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 20, 2011 7:42:41 AM
(0)
Professor

iPads and iPhones are not authorized for use on AT&T pre-paid plans.

You can visit any corporate store and sign up for post-paid service which does not require a contract.

iPads and iPhones are not authorized for use on AT&T pre-paid plans.

You can visit any corporate store and sign up for post-paid service which does not require a contract.

Re: Sim card for iPad

2 of 5 (4,112 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 20, 2011 7:55:25 AM
(0)
Contributor
Thanks ! So for e.g Go to a T-Mobile or Verizon equivalent and buy into a post-paid service ?
Thanks ! So for e.g Go to a T-Mobile or Verizon equivalent and buy into a post-paid service ?

3 of 5 (4,105 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 20, 2011 8:57:24 AM
(0)
Tutor

Yes, you can get a sim card from AT&T and prepay for it.  Actually that is the I use 3G on my iPad in the U.S.  Just go to an AT&T store and they will help. 

Yes, you can get a sim card from AT&T and prepay for it.  Actually that is the I use 3G on my iPad in the U.S.  Just go to an AT&T store and they will help. 

4 of 5 (4,095 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 20, 2011 5:36:04 PM
(0)
Master

mohitanjali wrote:

If the iPad is the GSM version, you will not be able to use it on Verizon's CDMA network. The GSM iPad will work on either T-Mobile or AT&T, though.

mohitanjali wrote:

If the iPad is the GSM version, you will not be able to use it on Verizon's CDMA network. The GSM iPad will work on either T-Mobile or AT&T, though.

5 of 5 (4,084 Views)