Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted May 20, 2012
1:50:07 PM
View profile
Sim Network Unlock Code for use on AT&T.
Edited by rdepoty on May 20, 2012 at 1:54:26 PM

Not sure if this is in the proper section so I appologize if I'm wrong.

I am currently a prepaid member and I have a Motorola device that was given to me about two months ago and I've recently considered using it with AT&T. The device was originally used on a Walmart Family Mobile plan. Everyone that I've talked to (one walmart family mobile support tech, five tmobile techs, and three motorola techs) have all told me different things. Walmart says I need to go to tmobile, tmobile says walmart or motorola, motorola says walmart, tmobile and at&t.

So my question is, if anyone can actually help me here, who can actually provide me the code and how do I go about getting it? TMobile has already confirmed that my device is able to be unlocked but wont provide the code because I am not a customer.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Not sure if this is in the proper section so I appologize if I'm wrong.

I am currently a prepaid member and I have a Motorola device that was given to me about two months ago and I've recently considered using it with AT&T. The device was originally used on a Walmart Family Mobile plan. Everyone that I've talked to (one walmart family mobile support tech, five tmobile techs, and three motorola techs) have all told me different things. Walmart says I need to go to tmobile, tmobile says walmart or motorola, motorola says walmart, tmobile and at&t.

So my question is, if anyone can actually help me here, who can actually provide me the code and how do I go about getting it? TMobile has already confirmed that my device is able to be unlocked but wont provide the code because I am not a customer.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Sim Network Unlock Code for use on AT&T.

[ Edited ]
1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 21, 2012 7:29:30 PM
(0)
Professor
Edited by ilikewireless on May 21, 2012 at 7:46:31 PM

AT&T will not unlock a phone that was made for other carriers. You can pay to get the phone unlocked. Sorry I don't have a website to refer you to.

AT&T will not unlock a phone that was made for other carriers. You can pay to get the phone unlocked. Sorry I don't have a website to refer you to.

Re: Sim Network Unlock Code for use on AT&T.

[ Edited ]
2 of 2 (3,024 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments