Silver Motorola Q9H

Tutor

Silver Motorola Q9H

I recently bought a Motorola Q9H. I've had the "My-Cast" weather application on my other phones for years. When I tried to install the My-Cast on the Motorola it said something about not being able to install it on the Motorola because the phone was "Unlocked". So I had to go thru a different website that carried the My-Cast application for unlocked phones, a sight called "Handmark.com". It downloaded and works perfectly. I just want to know why I can't get the My-Cast thru AT&T like I use to? It's much easier using AT&T because they add it to your AT&T bill instead of having to pay for it from another sight. Thanks... David

Message 1 of 4
Master

Re: Silver Motorola Q9H

Typically non-branded phones cannot access/download from at&t's MediaMall.  A non-branded phone doesn't have at&t's firmware so the site recognizes that it is not an at&t model.  Most users don't view this as being a drawback to using a non-branded device, however; as most applications, games, etc. are available elsewhere for less than purchasing them through at&t's MediaMall.  But I can also see why having the DirectBill ability may be attractive. Smiley Happy

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
Tutor

Oh I see, so by not using an authentic AT&T phone some of the apps in the media mall aren't going to work. Got it, thanks hme83.....

Message 3 of 4
Master

You're welcome. Smiley Happy

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support