Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Nov 27, 2010
4:51:43 AM
Silver Motorola Q9H

I recently bought a Motorola Q9H. I've had the "My-Cast" weather application on my other phones for years. When I tried to install the My-Cast on the Motorola it said something about not being able to install it on the Motorola because the phone was "Unlocked". So I had to go thru a different website that carried the My-Cast application for unlocked phones, a sight called "Handmark.com". It downloaded and works perfectly. I just want to know why I can't get the My-Cast thru AT&T like I use to? It's much easier using AT&T because they add it to your AT&T bill instead of having to pay for it from another sight. Thanks... David

I recently bought a Motorola Q9H. I've had the "My-Cast" weather application on my other phones for years. When I tried to install the My-Cast on the Motorola it said something about not being able to install it on the Motorola because the phone was "Unlocked". So I had to go thru a different website that carried the My-Cast application for unlocked phones, a sight called "Handmark.com". It downloaded and works perfectly. I just want to know why I can't get the My-Cast thru AT&T like I use to? It's much easier using AT&T because they add it to your AT&T bill instead of having to pay for it from another sight. Thanks... David

Silver Motorola Q9H

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 28, 2010 9:06:07 AM
(0)
Master
Edited by hme83 on Nov 28, 2010 at 9:07:47 AM

Typically non-branded phones cannot access/download from at&t's MediaMall.  A non-branded phone doesn't have at&t's firmware so the site recognizes that it is not an at&t model.  Most users don't view this as being a drawback to using a non-branded device, however; as most applications, games, etc. are available elsewhere for less than purchasing them through at&t's MediaMall.  But I can also see why having the DirectBill ability may be attractive. Smiley Happy

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Typically non-branded phones cannot access/download from at&t's MediaMall.  A non-branded phone doesn't have at&t's firmware so the site recognizes that it is not an at&t model.  Most users don't view this as being a drawback to using a non-branded device, however; as most applications, games, etc. are available elsewhere for less than purchasing them through at&t's MediaMall.  But I can also see why having the DirectBill ability may be attractive. Smiley Happy

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Re: Silver Motorola Q9H

[ Edited ]
2 of 4 (1,175 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 4, 2010 1:43:07 PM
(0)
Tutor

Oh I see, so by not using an authentic AT&T phone some of the apps in the media mall aren't going to work. Got it, thanks hme83.....

Oh I see, so by not using an authentic AT&T phone some of the apps in the media mall aren't going to work. Got it, thanks hme83.....

3 of 4 (1,087 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2010 6:30:50 AM
(0)
Master

You're welcome. Smiley Happy

=^..^=

- Doug Larson

You're welcome. Smiley Happy

=^..^=

- Doug Larson

4 of 4 (1,035 Views)