Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 24, 2012
7:37:38 AM
View profile
Silly Question - Samsung Focus

Is there a way to disable the power button? When I keep my phone in my pocket, it turns its self off. 

Is there a way to disable the power button? When I keep my phone in my pocket, it turns its self off. 

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Silly Question - Samsung Focus

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 24, 2012 1:05:29 PM
(0)
Master

You must have some other hardware problem.

In order to turn off Focus, you have to press and hold power button. Then a shutdown screen comes up and you have to swipe the screen from top to bottom to shut the phone down. This is not likely to happen when you phone is in your pocket.

You must have some other hardware problem.

In order to turn off Focus, you have to press and hold power button. Then a shutdown screen comes up and you have to swipe the screen from top to bottom to shut the phone down. This is not likely to happen when you phone is in your pocket.

Re: Silly Question - Samsung Focus

2 of 3 (1,091 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 26, 2012 6:52:56 AM
(0)
Employee

If you keep holding the off button, the phone goes off. Even if you don't slide the screen down... that's kind of silly. 

If you keep holding the off button, the phone goes off. Even if you don't slide the screen down... that's kind of silly. 

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Silly Question - Samsung Focus

3 of 3 (1,062 Views)