Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 18, 2008
12:23:21 PM
View profile
Sierra 881 & Linksys WRT54G3G-AT Problems
Hello,

Trying to connect my Sierra Wireless 881 card to a Linksys Wireless-G Router for Mobile Broadband WRT54G3G-AT unit. Using WinXP with the latest Linksys firmware. Have been successful using the 881 in my laptop no problem.  When I try using the router it cannot connect to the AT&T network. I get an IP from the router, via DHCP, and the 881 is blinking blue-3G signal, and strength is great.  I am using the APN = wap.cingular  & login = WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM & password = CINGULAR1 (info via phone tech support). The router just keeps trying to connect but never does, the blue PCCARD light keeps flashing, but never connecting. UGH!

Anyone have similar problems that can shine some light on this for me?

Thanks!

-Chuck
Hello,

Trying to connect my Sierra Wireless 881 card to a Linksys Wireless-G Router for Mobile Broadband WRT54G3G-AT unit. Using WinXP with the latest Linksys firmware. Have been successful using the 881 in my laptop no problem.  When I try using the router it cannot connect to the AT&T network. I get an IP from the router, via DHCP, and the 881 is blinking blue-3G signal, and strength is great.  I am using the APN = wap.cingular  & login = WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM & password = CINGULAR1 (info via phone tech support). The router just keeps trying to connect but never does, the blue PCCARD light keeps flashing, but never connecting. UGH!

Thanks!

-Chuck

Sierra 881 & Linksys WRT54G3G-AT Problems

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 18, 2008 3:14:02 PM
(0)
Former Moderator

diamondhog wrote:
Hello,

Thanks!

-Chuck

Chuck,

Welcome to the forums.  The settings you have posted are a violation of the Terms of Service and can result in out of bucket data charges.  You will need to change your settings on your router to the following.

Board regulars will are probably going to jump on me here as the username and password are typically no longer required to setup a connection but it seems that this particular router just likes something in that field.  As for the router, does the firmware you are using specifically state that the 881 is supported?  It is one of the latest cards AT&T offers and there is a possibility that it does not, yet. 

diamondhog wrote:
Hello,

Thanks!

-Chuck

Chuck,

Welcome to the forums.  The settings you have posted are a violation of the Terms of Service and can result in out of bucket data charges.  You will need to change your settings on your router to the following.

Board regulars will are probably going to jump on me here as the username and password are typically no longer required to setup a connection but it seems that this particular router just likes something in that field.  As for the router, does the firmware you are using specifically state that the 881 is supported?  It is one of the latest cards AT&T offers and there is a possibility that it does not, yet. 

Re: Sierra 881 & Linksys WRT54G3G-AT Problems

2 of 3 (2,982 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 18, 2008 3:17:48 PM
(0)
Former Moderator

diamondhog wrote:
I am using the APN = wap.cingular  & login = WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM & password = CINGULAR1 (info via phone tech support).

P.S.

Sorry, just noticed this line.  Which company provide you these settings?  Linksys or AT&T?  Can you please send me a PM with your response?

Thanks 

diamondhog wrote:
I am using the APN = wap.cingular  & login = WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM & password = CINGULAR1 (info via phone tech support).

P.S.

Sorry, just noticed this line.  Which company provide you these settings?  Linksys or AT&T?  Can you please send me a PM with your response?

Thanks 

Re: Sierra 881 & Linksys WRT54G3G-AT Problems

3 of 3 (2,981 Views)