Should I switch iphone4 to 4S

Mentor

Should I switch iphone4 to 4S

I have a iphone 4 but I want the 4S. Should I make the switch? Should I wait for the Iphone 5?

Help!?!

Message 1 of 9 (525 Views)
Professor

Re: Should I switch iphone4 to 4S

Up to you. The 4S gives you little that the 4 doesn't already have. All you get is Siri, a faster processor, better camera, and the possibility of slightly higher speeds if you are in an area with HSPA+. Some of these may be important to you, some not. The next iPhone will almost certainly be better, however no one knows what will be different. The iPhone 4S is here now, and no one knows when the next one will come out.

You have a choice of a good known phone now or waiting for a better phone available at some indeterminate time in the future.
Message 2 of 9 (509 Views)
Scholar

BerryCurve wrote:

Should I wait for the Iphone 5?

There is no iPhone5.  Apple certainly is working on the next generation iPhone and very likely 1-2 generations after that.

What will it be called?  No one here has any way of knowing.

What will it's specs be?  No one here has any way of knowing.

Does your current device meet your needs?  Are you happy with it?  If so... stick with it.

If it does not meet your needs or you are unhappy with it, look for another device that mets your needs.  That may be the 4S, it may be a Galaxy SII or any one of the many Android devices on the market.

We can certainly tell you what to do... but in the end, you will only be happy if you make the decision that best mets your needs and makes you happy.

Message 3 of 9 (503 Views)
ACE - Professor

BerryCurve wrote:

I have a iphone 4 but I want the 4S. Should I make the switch? Should I wait for the Iphone 5?

Help!?!

Personally, I'm happy with my 4 - the 4s pretty much only gives you a small performance boost, and Siri.

I'll wait for the next one. What do YOU want the 4s for?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 9 (484 Views)
Master

BerryCurve wrote:

Help!?!

What do you like about the 4S?  From there you may be able to make a decision about its importance vs the price you would have to pay....  We will all have different answers.  I am personally waiting for the next version.  YMMV

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 5 of 9 (434 Views)
Mentor

I think I will wait for the new iPhone. I have an otterbox case for my iPhone 4 but I am thinking its too bulky. What case do yall have?
Message 6 of 9 (412 Views)
Master

For daily use I use the Otterbox Commuter series case. For time when I need greater protection I use the Defender.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 7 of 9 (408 Views)
Master

I had the 4S for 29 days before going back to my 4. The 4S wasn't any faster in my area after testing it out in all areas that I travel. The camera was nice, but then again the iPhone 4 while not as good still takes great pictures and videos. Siri got old for me after the first 2 weeks and I hardly used it at all after that.
There are rumors circulating on 9 to 5 Mac that the next iPhone with the 4" display may be coming out in the summer of 2012. I'm happy being back with my 4 and will wait for the next one to come out.
Message 8 of 9 (362 Views)
Highlighted
Master

[I think I will wait for the new iPhone. I have an otterbox case for my iPhone 4 but I am thinking its too bulky. What case do yall have?]

I use the new Speck PixelSkin HD case for the iPhone 4/4S. I love the new designed case. Lighter than last years case. The Engels are softer making it feel nice in the hand, plus it still offers great protection from bumps and drops.
Message 9 of 9 (357 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.