Ask a question

Posted Jul 14, 2010
    6:56:33 PM
    View profile
    Shipping the Backflip.

My mother and I just recently went on the step dad's at&t plan and we ordered the Motorola Backflip (mine) and the iphone (mothers). They are BOTH refurbished. My step dad also got a new phone and his came yesterday. We ordered all the phones on Sunday. They told us it would take 3-5 business days. It's now the Wednesday and I'm wondering where the other 2 are? When I looked up the progress on at&t the say "still in progress". When are we going to get them?

Shipping the Backflip.

4 replies
    (0) Me too
    (0) Me too
    View all replies
    (4)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jul 14, 2010 7:50:43 PM
    (0)
    Guru

The orders would have been most likely auto-completed separately as yours and your mother's lines are New Lines of Service while you step-dad's is merely an upgrade.  Upgrades are generally processed first as they would become the primary line when adding new lines of service.  Also, if the Backflip or the iPhone were on backorder, the whole order will be held until all items are in stock.  As I mentioned before, due to your step-dad's line only being an upgrade, the fulfillment order was separate from the two new lines, so a backordered Backflip or iPhone would not affect that line, where as either the iPhone or Backflip being on backorder for the additional lines would cause BOTH to be held until it can be fulfilled as one. 

Re: Shipping the Backflip.

2 of 5 (917 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jul 14, 2010 8:06:13 PM
    (0)
    Contributor

How long does it normally take for the phones to get restocked so they can ship out?

3 of 5 (912 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jul 14, 2010 8:16:42 PM
    (0)
    Guru

The stock is generally replenished on a weekly basis.  However, the fulfillment is done in the order that the orders were received, so as to where your order is in the line I am uncertain.  They do generally receive more than one shipment per week in attempts to accomodate the requests, but it is a corporation we're talking about; and corporations are machines.  People don't change the machine, the machine changes people.  Sad, but true.  So...in any event.  It should be replenished within the week.  If you do call AT&T though, here's some sage advice, don't call from your step-dad's cell, use a landline, and "pretend" it's a rotary phone.  Touch-tone phones have to go through the automated voices, rotary does not, because they cannot press their selections. 

4 of 5 (907 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jul 15, 2010 12:52:56 AM
    (0)
    Contributor

I really hope I get it by Saturday because the phone I have right now, the screen is cracked and as a teen, I text like CRAZYYYYYYYYY!!!!! And I'm going off to cheer camp on Sunday. Thank yo SO much for your help! It was very useful(:

5 of 5 (888 Views)