Shared upgrade possible?? Blackberry/iPhone

Contributor

Shared upgrade possible?? Blackberry/iPhone

I have two lines, one for me, and one for the wife.  I have a BB 9800 eligible for an upgrade on 4/2.  My wife has a Samsung Mythic that is not eligible until 8/9.  The Mythic is absolute garbage and we'd like to get rid of it as soon as possible.  Is it possible to use my upgrade on 4/2 to upgrade her mythic to an iPhone while leaving the BB 9800 on my line?  Would I then be able to upgrade the BB 9800 on 8/9?

I also have unlimited data on both lines, will I be able to keep the unlimited, or will i be forced to get a capped plan?

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Expert

Re: Shared upgrade possible?? Blackberry/iPhone

Yes, you can use your upgrade for your wife. You will need to do the upgrade in a corporate store as the iPhone has some security protocol that requires the iPhone to be activated on the line that was used for the upgrade, making your SIM in your blackberry deactivated. You will need a new SIM in the blackberry once the iPhone is activated and then switched to your wife's number.

You should be able to keep your unlimited data. Just make sure that it is on your summary before you sign your contract.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3
Scholar

Re: Shared upgrade possible?? Blackberry/iPhone

Your wife will not be able to keep unlimited data.  The Mythic is not a smartphone.  You will need to add a smartphone (capped) data plan to her line when you add the iPhone.

Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support