Shared Data

Shared Data

I am wanting to upgrade the family to android smartphones. We wouldn't use a lot of data. I have seen rumors on the net of a shared data plan coming to AT&T. Does anyone have any insider info on when this might happen?

Message 1 of 6 (965 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: Shared Data

ragnerman942 wrote:

I am wanting to upgrade the family to android smartphones. We wouldn't use a lot of data. I have seen rumors on the net of a shared data plan coming to AT&T. Does anyone have any insider info on when this might happen?

If any AT&T employee does have insider info they won't be allowed to post it here until the official AT&T announcement.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6 (932 Views)
Contributor

I have 12 days left to decide on keeping this individual data cell plan for my wife and me.  Maybe we should move to Verizon.

Message 3 of 6 (577 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

jim5930 wrote:

I have 12 days left to decide on keeping this individual data cell plan for my wife and me.  Maybe we should move to Verizon.

VZW did announce shared data plans coming soon, so you should do the math and see if it's a money-saving proposition for you. I read somewhere that for the most customers it wasn't.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 6 (508 Views)
Teacher

^^ What they said. I could see myself switching to a plan like that someday but only it would only make sense to do it if my fiance and I had tablets or other devices we wanted to add to the plan. Otherwise it sounds expensive.

Message 5 of 6 (506 Views)
Scholar

The Verizon shared plan is fantastic for many people. Unfortunately, most of those people are Verizon shareholders! Smiley Wink
Message 6 of 6 (494 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.