Ask a question

Posted Feb 26, 2012
    5:40:22 AM
    View profile
    Shared Data

I am wanting to upgrade the family to android smartphones. We wouldn't use a lot of data. I have seen rumors on the net of a shared data plan coming to AT&T. Does anyone have any insider info on when this might happen?

Shared Data

5 replies
    (0) Me too
    (0) Me too
    View all replies
    (5)
    Highlighted
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Feb 27, 2012 12:52:45 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Expert

ragnerman942 wrote:

I am wanting to upgrade the family to android smartphones. We wouldn't use a lot of data. I have seen rumors on the net of a shared data plan coming to AT&T. Does anyone have any insider info on when this might happen?

If any AT&T employee does have insider info they won't be allowed to post it here until the official AT&T announcement.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Shared Data

2 of 6 (910 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 16, 2012 8:57:57 AM
    (0)
    Contributor

I have 12 days left to decide on keeping this individual data cell plan for my wife and me.  Maybe we should move to Verizon.

3 of 6 (555 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 18, 2012 9:48:33 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Expert

jim5930 wrote:

I have 12 days left to decide on keeping this individual data cell plan for my wife and me.  Maybe we should move to Verizon.

VZW did announce shared data plans coming soon, so you should do the math and see if it's a money-saving proposition for you. I read somewhere that for the most customers it wasn't.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 6 (486 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 18, 2012 10:07:00 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Teacher

^^ What they said. I could see myself switching to a plan like that someday but only it would only make sense to do it if my fiance and I had tablets or other devices we wanted to add to the plan. Otherwise it sounds expensive.

5 of 6 (484 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 19, 2012 10:12:39 AM
    (0)
    Scholar
    The Verizon shared plan is fantastic for many people. Unfortunately, most of those people are Verizon shareholders! Smiley Wink

6 of 6 (472 Views)