Several questions regarding my go phone

Contributor

Several questions regarding my go phone

Hello,

I live outside USA, but I go there every year. On march 2011 I bought a go phone (samsung sgh-A107), with a "$2 unlimited daily talk & text" rate plan. I got back to Brazil in march, and since there I haven't touched my phone again lol. The thing is, I'm going to visit USA again in 2012, and I have no idea if I will be able to use my go phone. First, I can't remember my password and can't ask for a new one 'cause they would text me one and the phone doesn't work here in Brazil, so I'd never get the new password. Also, I don't know if my account is cancelled or not, but since the last time I refilled it was in march, I'm thinking that it is cancelled. If it is cancelled, will I have to buy a new phone, or can I restablish my old number? How can I get a new password (not via text)?

Thank you!

Message 1 of 3 (403 Views)
Highlighted
Scholar

Re: Several questions regarding my go phone

robertamb wrote:

Hello,

I live outside USA, but I go there every year. On march 2011 I bought a go phone (samsung sgh-A107), with a "$2 unlimited daily talk & text" rate plan. I got back to Brazil in march, and since there I haven't touched my phone again lol. The thing is, I'm going to visit USA again in 2012, and I have no idea if I will be able to use my go phone. First, I can't remember my password and can't ask for a new one 'cause they would text me one and the phone doesn't work here in Brazil, so I'd never get the new password. Also, I don't know if my account is cancelled or not, but since the last time I refilled it was in march, I'm thinking that it is cancelled. If it is cancelled, will I have to buy a new phone, or can I restablish my old number? How can I get a new password (not via text)?

Thank you!

If it's way back in March, the SIM card would be inactive already unless you refilled it with a $100 card. You don't need to buy a new phone but you do have to buy a new SIM card (can't use the old number, though). Password request, unfortunately, is via text only. The initial password is usually the last 4 digits of the phone number after which, AT&T sends you a new password via text.

Message 2 of 3 (396 Views)
Contributor

Re: Several questions regarding my go phone

If it's way back in March, the SIM card would be inactive already unless you refilled it with a $100 card. You don't need to buy a new phone but you do have to buy a new SIM card (can't use the old number, though). Password request, unfortunately, is via text only. The initial password is usually the last 4 digits of the phone number after which, AT&T sends you a new password via text.

Thank you, that was very helpful Smiley Happy now I know what I will have to do Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 3 (386 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.