Several questions regarding my go phone

Highlighted
Contributor

Several questions regarding my go phone

Hello,

I live outside USA, but I go there every year. On march 2011 I bought a go phone (samsung sgh-A107), with a "$2 unlimited daily talk & text" rate plan. I got back to Brazil in march, and since there I haven't touched my phone again lol. The thing is, I'm going to visit USA again in 2012, and I have no idea if I will be able to use my go phone. First, I can't remember my password and can't ask for a new one 'cause they would text me one and the phone doesn't work here in Brazil, so I'd never get the new password. Also, I don't know if my account is cancelled or not, but since the last time I refilled it was in march, I'm thinking that it is cancelled. If it is cancelled, will I have to buy a new phone, or can I restablish my old number? How can I get a new password (not via text)?

Thank you!

Message 1 of 3
Scholar

Re: Several questions regarding my go phone

robertamb wrote:

Hello,

I live outside USA, but I go there every year. On march 2011 I bought a go phone (samsung sgh-A107), with a "$2 unlimited daily talk & text" rate plan. I got back to Brazil in march, and since there I haven't touched my phone again lol. The thing is, I'm going to visit USA again in 2012, and I have no idea if I will be able to use my go phone. First, I can't remember my password and can't ask for a new one 'cause they would text me one and the phone doesn't work here in Brazil, so I'd never get the new password. Also, I don't know if my account is cancelled or not, but since the last time I refilled it was in march, I'm thinking that it is cancelled. If it is cancelled, will I have to buy a new phone, or can I restablish my old number? How can I get a new password (not via text)?

Thank you!

If it's way back in March, the SIM card would be inactive already unless you refilled it with a $100 card. You don't need to buy a new phone but you do have to buy a new SIM card (can't use the old number, though). Password request, unfortunately, is via text only. The initial password is usually the last 4 digits of the phone number after which, AT&T sends you a new password via text.

Message 2 of 3
Contributor

Re: Several questions regarding my go phone

If it's way back in March, the SIM card would be inactive already unless you refilled it with a $100 card. You don't need to buy a new phone but you do have to buy a new SIM card (can't use the old number, though). Password request, unfortunately, is via text only. The initial password is usually the last 4 digits of the phone number after which, AT&T sends you a new password via text.

Thank you, that was very helpful Smiley Happy now I know what I will have to do Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support