Setting up att.blackberry.net email on desktop

Tutor

Setting up att.blackberry.net email on desktop

So, I got a Blackberry 8310 and had to download the desktop software v4.2. My XXX@att.blackberry.net email account was set up using the device and works fine, but I can't set it up on a desktop. I have the username and password, but they don't seem to work on a desktop and I can't find any sort of server information for Windows Live Mail. Can anyone guide me through this or point me in the right direction to resolve this?
Message 1 of 5 (25,435 Views)
Master

Re: Setting up att.blackberry.net email on desktop

ar910793 wrote:
So, I got a Blackberry 8310 and had to download the desktop software v4.2. My XXX@att.blackberry.net email account was set up using the device and works fine, but I can't set it up on a desktop. I have the username and password, but they don't seem to work on a desktop and I can't find any sort of server information for Windows Live Mail. Can anyone guide me through this or point me in the right direction to resolve this?

There is no account to setup.  The blackberry email address essentially is a redirector.  It does not save the email in a database for user access.  It may save the email until you power on your device or get into an area with coverage, but once the email is delivered, the email is deleted fro mthe RIM systems.  It will immediately direct the email to your device.
Message 2 of 5 (25,408 Views)
Teacher

Go to att.blackberry.com NOT .net on your PC and sign in. You may have to create a new account if you can not get in. As well, you can call ATT Support and they can set you up. Once you are in you can add other emaill address you use.
Message 3 of 5 (25,388 Views)
Master

[ Edited ]
I'm curious.  Did you even read the OPs message?  The email account is already setup on the BB device and works as such, OP wants to be able to get this email in his Outlook.  This is not possible.

{keep it courteous}

Message Edited by mod.moose on 02-29-2008 06:48:59 PM
Message 4 of 5 (25,349 Views)
Tutor

[ Edited ]
Thanks for the knowledge. It sorta makes using the blackberry.net e-mail address a waste. I already have my yahoo account (my primary home e-mail) synced with the device and a google calendar that syncs wirelessly. I was hoping the att.blackberry.net account could handle syncing both calendar and e-mail in one account with Live Mail on the desktop. I thought the account was like an Outlook server account.

Message Edited by ar910793 on 02-29-2008 01:11:04 PM
Message 5 of 5 (25,332 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.