Setting ringtones for Pantech Link?

Contributor

Setting ringtones for Pantech Link?

I have a Pantech Link and I HAVE a ringtone I'd like to use as my text message tone. However, it does not play the entire tone. The tone is 13 seconds long and whenever I receive a text message, the phone only plays 3 seconds of the tone.

Is there ANY way to set it that the entire ringtone is played when I receive a text message?

Becky

Message 1 of 4 (1,916 Views)

Re: Setting ringtones for Pantech Link?

That behavior occurs by design.  A call ringtone can be longer because it needs to play until you respond by answering or rejecting the call.  A text message alert, on the other hand, is supposed to be a short alert - just enough to get your attention.  Most phones will only play a few seconds for the alert sound.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 4 (1,909 Views)
Contributor

Most phones will only play a few seconds for the alert sound.

My old Tracfone played the entire tone/song for the text alert. **shrugs**

So, my only solution is to find a 'short' tone for the text alert, correct?

Message 3 of 4 (1,860 Views)
Highlighted
Master

geminigirl6879 wrote:

Most phones will only play a few seconds for the alert sound.

My old Tracfone played the entire tone/song for the text alert. **shrugs**

So, my only solution is to find a 'short' tone for the text alert, correct?

Or, you could keep the one that you have now, but it would only last for the three seconds or so that you said it lasted for. You would just be able to hear the beginning of the tone.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 4 of 4 (1,853 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.