Wireless Forums

Reply
Posted Dec 23, 2011
1:01:50 PM
View profile
Service after the sale

My wife decided to switch from Verizon to AT&T in August 2011 and I reluctantly agreed in order to save some money.  What I noticed first was that I now had a smaller area where I was able to get service. Then 4 months after I purchased my I-Phone 3G (and switched to AT&T) my I-Phone decided to completely go dead on me.  I went to the AT&T store where I purchased it in order to have it fixed but was told no dice, gotta make an appt with Apple.  I then asked about a loaner phone until I could get the I-Phone repaired and once again was told no dice. The only option available to me was to spend more money on a pay-as-you-go phone until I could get to Apple.  My question is this-what am I really saving when all I've gotten is a smaller service area and no service after the sale whatsoever from AT&T?  The pay as you go phone cost me $60 so there goes the initial reason for switching from Verizon to AT&T-to save a little money. AT&T sent me a survey to fill in which I did, hoping to maybe get some help from them, but guess what? No dice.  Is it normal that a store doesnt service what they sell?  I never had a problem with any servicing from Verizon and would have at minimum expected a loaner phone from AT&T but when I asked why they dont loan out phones, the rep said it was because no one ever returns the loaner phones.  Maybe because AT&T sells junk? 

My wife decided to switch from Verizon to AT&T in August 2011 and I reluctantly agreed in order to save some money.  What I noticed first was that I now had a smaller area where I was able to get service. Then 4 months after I purchased my I-Phone 3G (and switched to AT&T) my I-Phone decided to completely go dead on me.  I went to the AT&T store where I purchased it in order to have it fixed but was told no dice, gotta make an appt with Apple.  I then asked about a loaner phone until I could get the I-Phone repaired and once again was told no dice. The only option available to me was to spend more money on a pay-as-you-go phone until I could get to Apple.  My question is this-what am I really saving when all I've gotten is a smaller service area and no service after the sale whatsoever from AT&T?  The pay as you go phone cost me $60 so there goes the initial reason for switching from Verizon to AT&T-to save a little money. AT&T sent me a survey to fill in which I did, hoping to maybe get some help from them, but guess what? No dice.  Is it normal that a store doesnt service what they sell?  I never had a problem with any servicing from Verizon and would have at minimum expected a loaner phone from AT&T but when I asked why they dont loan out phones, the rep said it was because no one ever returns the loaner phones.  Maybe because AT&T sells junk? 

Service after the sale

591 views
11 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Post reply
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(11)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 23, 2011 1:24:44 PM
0
(0)
Guru
No matter what Carrier you have, if you buy an iphone you have to take it back to Apple. When you got service with AT&T you had 30 days to try out the service and cancel if you did not like it. People have to choose a company based on the service and not the price and/or phones they carrier. I called Verizon by me and they don't give loaner phones either so I'm not sure what the difference is between the 2 carriers. I'm sorry for your experience.
No matter what Carrier you have, if you buy an iphone you have to take it back to Apple. When you got service with AT&T you had 30 days to try out the service and cancel if you did not like it. People have to choose a company based on the service and not the price and/or phones they carrier. I called Verizon by me and they don't give loaner phones either so I'm not sure what the difference is between the 2 carriers. I'm sorry for your experience.

Re: Service after the sale

2 of 12 (579 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 23, 2011 2:15:54 PM
0
(0)
Scholar

Joesebby wrote:

My wife decided to switch from Verizon to AT&T in August 2011 and I reluctantly agreed in order to save some money.  What I noticed first was that I now had a smaller area where I was able to get service. Then 4 months after I purchased my I-Phone 3G (and switched to AT&T) my I-Phone decided to completely go dead on me.  I went to the AT&T store where I purchased it in order to have it fixed but was told no dice, gotta make an appt with Apple.  I then asked about a loaner phone until I could get the I-Phone repaired and once again was told no dice. The only option available to me was to spend more money on a pay-as-you-go phone until I could get to Apple.  My question is this-what am I really saving when all I've gotten is a smaller service area and no service after the sale whatsoever from AT&T?  The pay as you go phone cost me $60 so there goes the initial reason for switching from Verizon to AT&T-to save a little money. AT&T sent me a survey to fill in which I did, hoping to maybe get some help from them, but guess what? No dice.  Is it normal that a store doesnt service what they sell?  I never had a problem with any servicing from Verizon and would have at minimum expected a loaner phone from AT&T but when I asked why they dont loan out phones, the rep said it was because no one ever returns the loaner phones.  Maybe because AT&T sells junk? 


Welcome to AT&T, where they used to say "More Bars Everywhere"..

 

You will notice how people on this blog will tell you it's not AT&T's fault, or you didn't read the Terms of Service before you signed..  Regardless, you're now experiencing the terrible AT&T service the lower price bought you..

 

 

 


Joesebby wrote:

My wife decided to switch from Verizon to AT&T in August 2011 and I reluctantly agreed in order to save some money.  What I noticed first was that I now had a smaller area where I was able to get service. Then 4 months after I purchased my I-Phone 3G (and switched to AT&T) my I-Phone decided to completely go dead on me.  I went to the AT&T store where I purchased it in order to have it fixed but was told no dice, gotta make an appt with Apple.  I then asked about a loaner phone until I could get the I-Phone repaired and once again was told no dice. The only option available to me was to spend more money on a pay-as-you-go phone until I could get to Apple.  My question is this-what am I really saving when all I've gotten is a smaller service area and no service after the sale whatsoever from AT&T?  The pay as you go phone cost me $60 so there goes the initial reason for switching from Verizon to AT&T-to save a little money. AT&T sent me a survey to fill in which I did, hoping to maybe get some help from them, but guess what? No dice.  Is it normal that a store doesnt service what they sell?  I never had a problem with any servicing from Verizon and would have at minimum expected a loaner phone from AT&T but when I asked why they dont loan out phones, the rep said it was because no one ever returns the loaner phones.  Maybe because AT&T sells junk? 


Welcome to AT&T, where they used to say "More Bars Everywhere"..

 

You will notice how people on this blog will tell you it's not AT&T's fault, or you didn't read the Terms of Service before you signed..  Regardless, you're now experiencing the terrible AT&T service the lower price bought you..

 

 

 

Re: Service after the sale

3 of 12 (560 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 23, 2011 2:27:06 PM
0
(0)
Guru
Edited by Facci on Dec 23, 2011 at 2:33:24 PM
I'm failing to see where the terrible service is. The OP switched and doesn't like what has happened but show that if the same thing happened while at Verizon, there would be different results.
I'm failing to see where the terrible service is. The OP switched and doesn't like what has happened but show that if the same thing happened while at Verizon, there would be different results.

Re: Service after the sale

[ Edited ]
4 of 12 (555 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 23, 2011 3:26:55 PM
0
(0)
Expert

wireless-user wrote:

Joesebby wrote:

My wife decided to switch from Verizon to AT&T in August 2011 and I reluctantly agreed in order to save some money.  What I noticed first was that I now had a smaller area where I was able to get service. Then 4 months after I purchased my I-Phone 3G (and switched to AT&T) my I-Phone decided to completely go dead on me.  I went to the AT&T store where I purchased it in order to have it fixed but was told no dice, gotta make an appt with Apple.  I then asked about a loaner phone until I could get the I-Phone repaired and once again was told no dice. The only option available to me was to spend more money on a pay-as-you-go phone until I could get to Apple.  My question is this-what am I really saving when all I've gotten is a smaller service area and no service after the sale whatsoever from AT&T?  The pay as you go phone cost me $60 so there goes the initial reason for switching from Verizon to AT&T-to save a little money. AT&T sent me a survey to fill in which I did, hoping to maybe get some help from them, but guess what? No dice.  Is it normal that a store doesnt service what they sell?  I never had a problem with any servicing from Verizon and would have at minimum expected a loaner phone from AT&T but when I asked why they dont loan out phones, the rep said it was because no one ever returns the loaner phones.  Maybe because AT&T sells junk? 


Welcome to AT&T, where they used to say "More Bars Everywhere"..

 

You will notice how people on this blog will tell you it's not AT&T's fault, or you didn't read the Terms of Service before you signed..  Regardless, you're now experiencing the terrible AT&T service the lower price bought you..

 

 

 


care to explain how it is "terrible service" when Apple is the only location that handles the service of the iphone (same for verizon and sprint) and to the best of my knowledge no carrier has a "loner phone" available, I know that Best Buy does loan one out IF you prucahse and pay monthly for the black tie service. have never had sprint, nor verizon offer a loaner for my employees when they had to send their corproate phone back in for serivce or warranty support.

 

not quite sure how you are trying to segway your comments into this thread, but you are incorrect in claiming it is "terrible service"


wireless-user wrote:

Joesebby wrote:

My wife decided to switch from Verizon to AT&T in August 2011 and I reluctantly agreed in order to save some money.  What I noticed first was that I now had a smaller area where I was able to get service. Then 4 months after I purchased my I-Phone 3G (and switched to AT&T) my I-Phone decided to completely go dead on me.  I went to the AT&T store where I purchased it in order to have it fixed but was told no dice, gotta make an appt with Apple.  I then asked about a loaner phone until I could get the I-Phone repaired and once again was told no dice. The only option available to me was to spend more money on a pay-as-you-go phone until I could get to Apple.  My question is this-what am I really saving when all I've gotten is a smaller service area and no service after the sale whatsoever from AT&T?  The pay as you go phone cost me $60 so there goes the initial reason for switching from Verizon to AT&T-to save a little money. AT&T sent me a survey to fill in which I did, hoping to maybe get some help from them, but guess what? No dice.  Is it normal that a store doesnt service what they sell?  I never had a problem with any servicing from Verizon and would have at minimum expected a loaner phone from AT&T but when I asked why they dont loan out phones, the rep said it was because no one ever returns the loaner phones.  Maybe because AT&T sells junk? 


Welcome to AT&T, where they used to say "More Bars Everywhere"..

 

You will notice how people on this blog will tell you it's not AT&T's fault, or you didn't read the Terms of Service before you signed..  Regardless, you're now experiencing the terrible AT&T service the lower price bought you..

 

 

 


care to explain how it is "terrible service" when Apple is the only location that handles the service of the iphone (same for verizon and sprint) and to the best of my knowledge no carrier has a "loner phone" available, I know that Best Buy does loan one out IF you prucahse and pay monthly for the black tie service. have never had sprint, nor verizon offer a loaner for my employees when they had to send their corproate phone back in for serivce or warranty support.

 

not quite sure how you are trying to segway your comments into this thread, but you are incorrect in claiming it is "terrible service"

Re: Service after the sale

5 of 12 (546 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 23, 2011 4:07:22 PM
0
(0)
Professor

wireless-user wrote:

Joesebby wrote:

My wife decided to switch from Verizon to AT&T in August 2011 and I reluctantly agreed in order to save some money.  What I noticed first was that I now had a smaller area where I was able to get service. Then 4 months after I purchased my I-Phone 3G (and switched to AT&T) my I-Phone decided to completely go dead on me.  I went to the AT&T store where I purchased it in order to have it fixed but was told no dice, gotta make an appt with Apple.  I then asked about a loaner phone until I could get the I-Phone repaired and once again was told no dice. The only option available to me was to spend more money on a pay-as-you-go phone until I could get to Apple.  My question is this-what am I really saving when all I've gotten is a smaller service area and no service after the sale whatsoever from AT&T?  The pay as you go phone cost me $60 so there goes the initial reason for switching from Verizon to AT&T-to save a little money. AT&T sent me a survey to fill in which I did, hoping to maybe get some help from them, but guess what? No dice.  Is it normal that a store doesnt service what they sell?  I never had a problem with any servicing from Verizon and would have at minimum expected a loaner phone from AT&T but when I asked why they dont loan out phones, the rep said it was because no one ever returns the loaner phones.  Maybe because AT&T sells junk? 


Welcome to AT&T, where they used to say "More Bars Everywhere"..

 

You will notice how people on this blog will tell you it's not AT&T's fault, or you didn't read the Terms of Service before you signed..  Regardless, you're now experiencing the terrible AT&T service the lower price bought you..

 

 

 


No one in this thread said anything of the sort. Apple provides warranty service for the iPhone, that's the truth.  Do you have any proof that Verizon or Sprint would have done anything different for a 4 month old phone that doesn't work?  And, yes the other posters are correct in that if the coverage where the OP was poor he had 30 days to find that out.  Yes, in some places AT&T's coverage is poor compared to Verizon.  In some places, Verizon's coverage is poor compared to AT&T.  That's why the cell phone companies have a trial period to see if their service meets your needs.

 

Saying "that's what you get for choosing AT&T" isn't answering the question or helping the OP in any way.


wireless-user wrote:

Joesebby wrote:

My wife decided to switch from Verizon to AT&T in August 2011 and I reluctantly agreed in order to save some money.  What I noticed first was that I now had a smaller area where I was able to get service. Then 4 months after I purchased my I-Phone 3G (and switched to AT&T) my I-Phone decided to completely go dead on me.  I went to the AT&T store where I purchased it in order to have it fixed but was told no dice, gotta make an appt with Apple.  I then asked about a loaner phone until I could get the I-Phone repaired and once again was told no dice. The only option available to me was to spend more money on a pay-as-you-go phone until I could get to Apple.  My question is this-what am I really saving when all I've gotten is a smaller service area and no service after the sale whatsoever from AT&T?  The pay as you go phone cost me $60 so there goes the initial reason for switching from Verizon to AT&T-to save a little money. AT&T sent me a survey to fill in which I did, hoping to maybe get some help from them, but guess what? No dice.  Is it normal that a store doesnt service what they sell?  I never had a problem with any servicing from Verizon and would have at minimum expected a loaner phone from AT&T but when I asked why they dont loan out phones, the rep said it was because no one ever returns the loaner phones.  Maybe because AT&T sells junk? 


Welcome to AT&T, where they used to say "More Bars Everywhere"..

 

You will notice how people on this blog will tell you it's not AT&T's fault, or you didn't read the Terms of Service before you signed..  Regardless, you're now experiencing the terrible AT&T service the lower price bought you..

 

 

 


No one in this thread said anything of the sort. Apple provides warranty service for the iPhone, that's the truth.  Do you have any proof that Verizon or Sprint would have done anything different for a 4 month old phone that doesn't work?  And, yes the other posters are correct in that if the coverage where the OP was poor he had 30 days to find that out.  Yes, in some places AT&T's coverage is poor compared to Verizon.  In some places, Verizon's coverage is poor compared to AT&T.  That's why the cell phone companies have a trial period to see if their service meets your needs.

 

Saying "that's what you get for choosing AT&T" isn't answering the question or helping the OP in any way.

Re: Service after the sale

6 of 12 (541 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 23, 2011 4:54:01 PM
0
(0)
Guru

Joesebby wrote:

My wife decided to switch from Verizon to AT&T in August 2011 and I reluctantly agreed in order to save some money.  What I noticed first was that I now had a smaller area where I was able to get service. Then 4 months after I purchased my I-Phone 3G (and switched to AT&T) my I-Phone decided to completely go dead on me.  I went to the AT&T store where I purchased it in order to have it fixed but was told no dice, gotta make an appt with Apple.  I then asked about a loaner phone until I could get the I-Phone repaired and once again was told no dice. The only option available to me was to spend more money on a pay-as-you-go phone until I could get to Apple.  My question is this-what am I really saving when all I've gotten is a smaller service area and no service after the sale whatsoever from AT&T?  The pay as you go phone cost me $60 so there goes the initial reason for switching from Verizon to AT&T-to save a little money. AT&T sent me a survey to fill in which I did, hoping to maybe get some help from them, but guess what? No dice.  Is it normal that a store doesnt service what they sell?  I never had a problem with any servicing from Verizon and would have at minimum expected a loaner phone from AT&T but when I asked why they dont loan out phones, the rep said it was because no one ever returns the loaner phones.  Maybe because AT&T sells junk? 


I just wanted to mention a couple things. If you went into the Apple Store they will either fix your phone or they will exchange it for another on the spot. There are cheaper pay as you Gophones. If you went into a Walmart or BestBuy they sell cheap go phones for $10-$20. Also if you don't want to keep that GoPhone you could sell it afterwards to recoup some of your money. If they had loaner phones at every AT&T store, how many phones would they have to have on hand? 100? 200? Then what would happen when people lose, damage or destroy those phones? Who pays for that? As much as I agree that its a pain when your phone is "gone", I don't want the amount I pay for my service to go up because they give out loaner phones to people. I know you are having some rough times with your phone but it would have been just as bad at any other carrier, if not worse.

Joesebby wrote:

My wife decided to switch from Verizon to AT&T in August 2011 and I reluctantly agreed in order to save some money.  What I noticed first was that I now had a smaller area where I was able to get service. Then 4 months after I purchased my I-Phone 3G (and switched to AT&T) my I-Phone decided to completely go dead on me.  I went to the AT&T store where I purchased it in order to have it fixed but was told no dice, gotta make an appt with Apple.  I then asked about a loaner phone until I could get the I-Phone repaired and once again was told no dice. The only option available to me was to spend more money on a pay-as-you-go phone until I could get to Apple.  My question is this-what am I really saving when all I've gotten is a smaller service area and no service after the sale whatsoever from AT&T?  The pay as you go phone cost me $60 so there goes the initial reason for switching from Verizon to AT&T-to save a little money. AT&T sent me a survey to fill in which I did, hoping to maybe get some help from them, but guess what? No dice.  Is it normal that a store doesnt service what they sell?  I never had a problem with any servicing from Verizon and would have at minimum expected a loaner phone from AT&T but when I asked why they dont loan out phones, the rep said it was because no one ever returns the loaner phones.  Maybe because AT&T sells junk? 


I just wanted to mention a couple things. If you went into the Apple Store they will either fix your phone or they will exchange it for another on the spot. There are cheaper pay as you Gophones. If you went into a Walmart or BestBuy they sell cheap go phones for $10-$20. Also if you don't want to keep that GoPhone you could sell it afterwards to recoup some of your money. If they had loaner phones at every AT&T store, how many phones would they have to have on hand? 100? 200? Then what would happen when people lose, damage or destroy those phones? Who pays for that? As much as I agree that its a pain when your phone is "gone", I don't want the amount I pay for my service to go up because they give out loaner phones to people. I know you are having some rough times with your phone but it would have been just as bad at any other carrier, if not worse.

Re: Service after the sale

7 of 12 (532 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 24, 2011 7:09:40 AM
0
(0)
Scholar

dwill05 wrote: 
Do you have any proof that Verizon or Sprint would have done anything different for a 4 month old phone that doesn't work?  And, yes the other posters are correct in that if the coverage where the OP was poor he had 30 days to find that out.  Yes, in some places AT&T's coverage is poor compared to Verizon.  In some places, Verizon's coverage is poor compared to AT&T.  That's why the cell phone companies have a trial period to see if their service meets your needs.

 

Saying "that's what you get for choosing AT&T" isn't answering the question or helping the OP in any way.


 

Now Now dwill05,  take a pill.

 

1. I didn't say "this thread"  I said "this blog", which is all inclusive.

 

2. I didn't say anything about Verizon or Sprint, you did.

 

3. Like you, I am entitled to my opinion.  In my experience AT&T service is terrible.

 

4. And as usual, the AT&T fan boys always blame the OP,  "that if the coverage where the OP was poor he had 30 days to find that out. "

 

5. Life isn't as black and white as you and some of the other fan boys think, not everyone is wedded to their handset or service provider.

 

 

 


dwill05 wrote: 
Do you have any proof that Verizon or Sprint would have done anything different for a 4 month old phone that doesn't work?  And, yes the other posters are correct in that if the coverage where the OP was poor he had 30 days to find that out.  Yes, in some places AT&T's coverage is poor compared to Verizon.  In some places, Verizon's coverage is poor compared to AT&T.  That's why the cell phone companies have a trial period to see if their service meets your needs.

 

Saying "that's what you get for choosing AT&T" isn't answering the question or helping the OP in any way.


 

Now Now dwill05,  take a pill.

 

1. I didn't say "this thread"  I said "this blog", which is all inclusive.

 

2. I didn't say anything about Verizon or Sprint, you did.

 

3. Like you, I am entitled to my opinion.  In my experience AT&T service is terrible.

 

4. And as usual, the AT&T fan boys always blame the OP,  "that if the coverage where the OP was poor he had 30 days to find that out. "

 

5. Life isn't as black and white as you and some of the other fan boys think, not everyone is wedded to their handset or service provider.

 

 

 

Re: Service after the sale

8 of 12 (508 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 24, 2011 9:13:47 AM
0
(0)
Professor

all my Iphones came from apple but one. but apple has  taken care of meevery time i went  to the Genius bar.  always go to apple for warranty support.

all my Iphones came from apple but one. but apple has  taken care of meevery time i went  to the Genius bar.  always go to apple for warranty support.

hello!!!

Re: Service after the sale

9 of 12 (496 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 24, 2011 10:50:19 AM
0
(0)
Guru

wireless-user wrote:

dwill05 wrote: 
Do you have any proof that Verizon or Sprint would have done anything different for a 4 month old phone that doesn't work?  And, yes the other posters are correct in that if the coverage where the OP was poor he had 30 days to find that out.  Yes, in some places AT&T's coverage is poor compared to Verizon.  In some places, Verizon's coverage is poor compared to AT&T.  That's why the cell phone companies have a trial period to see if their service meets your needs.

 

Saying "that's what you get for choosing AT&T" isn't answering the question or helping the OP in any way.


 

Now Now dwill05,  take a pill.

 

1. I didn't say "this thread"  I said "this blog", which is all inclusive.

 

2. I didn't say anything about Verizon or Sprint, you did.

 

3. Like you, I am entitled to my opinion.  In my experience AT&T service is terrible.

 

4. And as usual, the AT&T fan boys always blame the OP,  "that if the coverage where the OP was poor he had 30 days to find that out. "

 

5. Life isn't as black and white as you and some of the other fan boys think, not everyone is wedded to their handset or service provider.

 

 

 


So you are an "AT&T Fan boy" if you are happy with and like AT&T's service? As much as there are "AT&T fan boys" there are also AT&T trolls who just like to spew their own limited experience on everyone and AT&T. I am happy with AT&T but they are by no means perfect. I have a Verizon phone that I carry for work and my personal AT&T phone and I have some many issues with the Verizon phone that when I'm not working, I transfer all my calls to my AT&T phone. My son has a T-Mobile phone and that service is not as good as good as AT&T, IMO and in my area. You say "life isn't black and white" but yet you claim AT&T is horrible service off your very limited experience. That's pretty black and white IMHO!

wireless-user wrote:

dwill05 wrote: 
Do you have any proof that Verizon or Sprint would have done anything different for a 4 month old phone that doesn't work?  And, yes the other posters are correct in that if the coverage where the OP was poor he had 30 days to find that out.  Yes, in some places AT&T's coverage is poor compared to Verizon.  In some places, Verizon's coverage is poor compared to AT&T.  That's why the cell phone companies have a trial period to see if their service meets your needs.

 

Saying "that's what you get for choosing AT&T" isn't answering the question or helping the OP in any way.


 

Now Now dwill05,  take a pill.

 

1. I didn't say "this thread"  I said "this blog", which is all inclusive.

 

2. I didn't say anything about Verizon or Sprint, you did.

 

3. Like you, I am entitled to my opinion.  In my experience AT&T service is terrible.

 

4. And as usual, the AT&T fan boys always blame the OP,  "that if the coverage where the OP was poor he had 30 days to find that out. "

 

5. Life isn't as black and white as you and some of the other fan boys think, not everyone is wedded to their handset or service provider.

 

 

 


So you are an "AT&T Fan boy" if you are happy with and like AT&T's service? As much as there are "AT&T fan boys" there are also AT&T trolls who just like to spew their own limited experience on everyone and AT&T. I am happy with AT&T but they are by no means perfect. I have a Verizon phone that I carry for work and my personal AT&T phone and I have some many issues with the Verizon phone that when I'm not working, I transfer all my calls to my AT&T phone. My son has a T-Mobile phone and that service is not as good as good as AT&T, IMO and in my area. You say "life isn't black and white" but yet you claim AT&T is horrible service off your very limited experience. That's pretty black and white IMHO!

Re: Service after the sale

10 of 12 (486 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 24, 2011 1:42:54 PM
0
(0)
Professor

wireless-user wrote:

dwill05 wrote: 
Do you have any proof that Verizon or Sprint would have done anything different for a 4 month old phone that doesn't work?  And, yes the other posters are correct in that if the coverage where the OP was poor he had 30 days to find that out.  Yes, in some places AT&T's coverage is poor compared to Verizon.  In some places, Verizon's coverage is poor compared to AT&T.  That's why the cell phone companies have a trial period to see if their service meets your needs.

 

Saying "that's what you get for choosing AT&T" isn't answering the question or helping the OP in any way.


 

Now Now dwill05,  take a pill.

 

1. I didn't say "this thread"  I said "this blog", which is all inclusive.

 

2. I didn't say anything about Verizon or Sprint, you did.

 

3. Like you, I am entitled to my opinion.  In my experience AT&T service is terrible.

 

4. And as usual, the AT&T fan boys always blame the OP,  "that if the coverage where the OP was poor he had 30 days to find that out. "

 

5. Life isn't as black and white as you and some of the other fan boys think, not everyone is wedded to their handset or service provider.

 

 

 


Then why are you and some of the others who obviously don't like AT&T from your posts, with AT&T, or if you're not, still on this board?

 

And, what about the OP?  If he says that AT&T coverage is terrible, why didn't he find that out in 30 days?  Was service fine for 30 days and then drop off as soon as the 30 days was up?  Or did he know it during the 30 days and hoped it would get better?  Sometimes a poster does bear some responsibility for their decision.  It's not always all AT&T's fault.  Sometimes it definitely is, but not always.  Just as "fan boys" may opine that a poster bears some responsibility for their decisions, other are just the opposite and believe AT&T is fully, totally at fault and the poster has no responsibility at all.

 

As far as mentioning Verizon and Sprint, how else should one take your comment about welcome to AT&T's terrible service other than an implication that somehow another carrier would have done something better?  If the other carriers would handle it the same way, then they would be as "terrible" as AT&T wouldn't they?


wireless-user wrote:

dwill05 wrote: 
Do you have any proof that Verizon or Sprint would have done anything different for a 4 month old phone that doesn't work?  And, yes the other posters are correct in that if the coverage where the OP was poor he had 30 days to find that out.  Yes, in some places AT&T's coverage is poor compared to Verizon.  In some places, Verizon's coverage is poor compared to AT&T.  That's why the cell phone companies have a trial period to see if their service meets your needs.

 

Saying "that's what you get for choosing AT&T" isn't answering the question or helping the OP in any way.


 

Now Now dwill05,  take a pill.

 

1. I didn't say "this thread"  I said "this blog", which is all inclusive.

 

2. I didn't say anything about Verizon or Sprint, you did.

 

3. Like you, I am entitled to my opinion.  In my experience AT&T service is terrible.

 

4. And as usual, the AT&T fan boys always blame the OP,  "that if the coverage where the OP was poor he had 30 days to find that out. "

 

5. Life isn't as black and white as you and some of the other fan boys think, not everyone is wedded to their handset or service provider.

 

 

 


Then why are you and some of the others who obviously don't like AT&T from your posts, with AT&T, or if you're not, still on this board?

 

And, what about the OP?  If he says that AT&T coverage is terrible, why didn't he find that out in 30 days?  Was service fine for 30 days and then drop off as soon as the 30 days was up?  Or did he know it during the 30 days and hoped it would get better?  Sometimes a poster does bear some responsibility for their decision.  It's not always all AT&T's fault.  Sometimes it definitely is, but not always.  Just as "fan boys" may opine that a poster bears some responsibility for their decisions, other are just the opposite and believe AT&T is fully, totally at fault and the poster has no responsibility at all.

 

As far as mentioning Verizon and Sprint, how else should one take your comment about welcome to AT&T's terrible service other than an implication that somehow another carrier would have done something better?  If the other carriers would handle it the same way, then they would be as "terrible" as AT&T wouldn't they?

Re: Service after the sale

11 of 12 (396 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 26, 2011 1:32:21 AM
0
(0)
Scholar
Edited by benjitek on Dec 26, 2011 at 1:34:44 AM

Joesebby wrote:

[BLAH BLAH BLAH] ... what am I really saving when all I've gotten is a smaller service area and no service after the sale whatsoever from AT&T? Maybe because AT&T sells junk? ...[BLAH BLAH BLAH]



Hopefully you didn't wait past the standard 30 day try-out period prior to being locked into whatever contractual commitment you signed.  If you waited past the initial month, there's absolutely no need for this thread :smileysurprised:


Joesebby wrote:

[BLAH BLAH BLAH] ... what am I really saving when all I've gotten is a smaller service area and no service after the sale whatsoever from AT&T? Maybe because AT&T sells junk? ...[BLAH BLAH BLAH]



Hopefully you didn't wait past the standard 30 day try-out period prior to being locked into whatever contractual commitment you signed.  If you waited past the initial month, there's absolutely no need for this thread :smileysurprised:

Re: Service after the sale

[ Edited ]
12 of 12 (372 Views)
Share this post
Share this post