Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Sending messages that arrive blank

Highlighted
Contributor

Sending messages that arrive blank

We jus got an LG Prime Go Phone and whenever my wife sends a message it randomly show up blank to the receiver.  I've done a master reset of the phone and had a new one shipped out and setup to no avail.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what is going on.  I've called tech support and they say it is nothing on their end it must be the "other" carries that are getting the message.  I've sent to Virgin Mobile and Sprint and still get randomly empty text messages.

The phone shows that it has sent a message and you can read what the message was, however if you forward it to another phone it still shows up empty.

Message 1 of 7
Tutor

Re: Sending messages that arrive blank

For the moment, will assume that AT&T at least verified receiving and sending the message in full, before passing the problem on to another carrier.  If so, that would rule out your phone as the culprit.

The next time this occurs, you could ask the receiving subscriber to contact his carrier to determine if the problem message arrived intact or blank at that carrier's equipment (MR).  If so, then the problem truly might rest in the other carrier's area.   Also, see if both carriers' support will give you the final status/disposition on that message, specifically, whether it shows as successfully delivered, as opposed to an error of some type that might indicate a lost or problematic connection with the network or receiving phone. 

Message 2 of 7
Contributor

This problem appears to be intermittent.  Sending a new text message, replying to, or forwarding results in a blank msg on the receiving end.  However,  the message displays as succeeded in transmit and is visible in the outbox.  Not clear if this is a message size issue, carrier issue, or a void in the time-space continuum.

Details as follows:

Phone: LG Prime

Model Number: GS390

Software Ver: GS390GOAT-01-V10K-310-410-APR-10-2010

Message 3 of 7
Contributor

I have the same issue and have narrowed it down to the content of the message.  I haven't tried every character, but I've found that the single quote (') is definitely one.  Any text containing a single quote comes through blank on the other end.

I suppose this help prevent lazy typing by eliminating the use of contractions. :-)  However, I still find it unacceptable.

Message 4 of 7
Contributor

I too have been having the same exact problems.  It only happens to the same 3 or 4 friends, but it is happening more frequently.  AT&T said it must be on the other service providers end (after just resetting the phone).  Has anyone come up with a solution?

Message 5 of 7
Employee

do those 3 or 4 friends have the same carrier?
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 6 of 7
Contributor

I have had the same problem when sending text messages to verizon users and t-mobile users.  IMHO, this points to an issue on the ATT side (but I could be wrong).

Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support